+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Red face NEW to this forum FINASTRIDE STORY (PHOTOS)

Hi im thehatman let me tell you about my positive Finastride story!

Like most of you i been desperate enough to try anything to reverse the thinning of my hair, just to find out nothing really did anything except left a big bald hole in my wallet and wasted my time!

This is the list of stuff i tried with no success.
    *Saw palmetto
    *Laser comb
    *Oil massage
    *Grapeseed extract
    *Pumpkin seed extract
    *liquid kelp
    *PRP
    *Drink apple cider vinegar shots 3 times a day (Brrrrr)

I was terrified to take the real deal, i was sure Finastride would make me shed all my hair and get those horrible side effects everybody was talking about..But i was sick of living my life under a hat and decided to go all the way..I got the Finastride 5mg and split it in to 4 that left me with 1,25mg a day.

Been on it for 5 months now and must say i'm pretty impressed what it has done for my hair in such a short time.

Here is a photo of the top of my head month 1-5 side by side.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1 vs 5.jpg

Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	44825

Here is a photo of my hairline. I can see allot of new hair sticking out.

Name:	11 feb hairline.jpg

Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	44826

Let me know what you think! and if you have any question, don't be shy to ask!

/The hat man

Hi,i'm new here also & just like you i've been putting off trying fin since i noticed my crown thinning just after I'd turned 38 (I know I've been a lot luckier than some not to loose my hair earlier),losing your hair at any age is pretty traumatic. I was just wondering did you experience any shedding?
    Your pics look amazing & well done

Inactive

Congrats man! That's awesome that you've made that kind of progress with Fin alone - and in only 5 months. I'll be interested to see how this looks at the one year mark.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Thank you Spooksy!
    Agree with you loosing hair is never easy no matter what age you are, allot of young guys on this forum got the idea that it's not as traumatic for a guy in his 30s to loose his hair, nobody want to loose their hair no matter what age you are.

Shedding, don't feel like i had a real shed, i lost allot of hair before Fin like 100 a day, now i lose 30-50 a day.
    One thing tho, this month i seen allot of these "new hairs" fall and i start to really se a huge difference in density all over my scalp! When i look in the bathroom mirror i can hardly see the thinning.
    Nobody in my family know i take fin. my grandmother and mother told me yesterday that my hair look so dark at the root.

Quiet funny how the drug interacts with your system, it seems to spread (grow) directly to your hair length,

Quote Originally Posted by Herbaliser View Post
    Quiet funny how the drug interacts with your system, it seems to spread (grow) directly to your hair length,
    What do you mean, Spread (grow) directly to my length?

I have layers and layers all over my scalp with new hair growth, if i part my hair i see shorter hairs with pointy tipps in-between the long hair.
    I think you can see the new hair best in the photo of my hairline.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbaliser View Post
    Herbaliser,
    You arguing against finasteride effectiveness is futile. There are clinical studies, and loads of evidence, scientific and anecdotal all over the internet that prove that in certain people finasteride works. I say this, and I absolutely HATE the drug. It has completely destroyed my own hair... so, why don't you just let adults make their own decisions and stop trying to sh*t on every one?

Name:	PICT2281.jpg

Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	47909 been using Minoxidil 5mg for about 2 months now and are still on Fin 1.25mg every night.

beginning vs 5 months vs now= **** yeah!

Name:	1 vs 5.jpg

Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	47910

The first photo is before Finastride and minox
    The second is 5 months on finastride alone

BTW i was very anti Minoxidil before i decided to give it a serious try. I bought a bottle of 5% min just to see if it realy would make my hair oily and full of scabs sins my scalp always been sensitive, but i have no complaints the liquid minoxidil is not to hard to apply, does not give me any dandruff or scabs, actually i like the texture the liquid gives me, almost like a styling product.

Been using minxidil for less than 2 months and can feel and see allot of improvement in density.