+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Here is the link to the study from thomas darling that lacazette is referring to:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23924901

Someone from USA should call them and ask specific questions about what we are talking right now. If we don’t call we will never know, so act quickly in real life

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Source?
    https://www.usuhs.edu/content/thomas-darling-md

Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    Here is the link to the study from thomas darling that lacazette is referring to:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23924901
    Hey renee, I don't think Darling talk about this in his quote on the website, but about his more recent work with Rajesh Thangapazham on follicular neogenesis who received derm awards,etc

Better delivery methods are still pretty huge. I agree completely plenty of stuff out now like topical spiro might work 10 times better if delivered more effectively. Delivering stuff topically is not a trivial problem

"Thangapazham and colleagues have shown de novo hair follicle neogenesis in skin substitutes made entirely with cultured human cells.
    This major advance in skin regeneration is predicted to improve skin stability, healing and ultimately lead to a viable clinical strategy for restoring hair."

So at least we know that the invention in the patent will be tried for hair treatment.
    the skin tissue for soldiers will come fast, so we will know soon if they have successfull follicular neogenesis as they claimed. And if it's the case, the "cure in 5 years away" could become a reality. Cause it's speculation, but as these methods/compositions for follicular neogenesis are being tested before in FDA clinical trials for military use, doesn't it mean that when it will be for civil use, they won't have the needs to do longer and every of the 3 phases? Cause if it's approved for soldiers, that would mean cancer safety data, etc would be already solved no?

In japan they say a treatment can now have an approval after 2/3 years of clinical trials, instead of 7/10 years before, and without sacrifying safety.
    I hope the 21st century cure bill could do not as much as in japan but at least take out 2 or 3 years of the old FDA approval timeline

I think he has the same issue of gene expression that dr christiano & dr jahoda encountered. It says in his brief bio that I posted on the other page: "In 2015 he was selected by the Dermatology Foundation to receive a Career Development Award to study genes regulating hair follicle neogenesis, growth, and development." So my hunch is he received money to study the final phase of how to get 100% gene expression.

Lacazette, there is absolutely no safety issue with this method here. This method can not cause cancer or tumors, these are your own cells and there are no growth factors added. The ips cells are the ones that can cause cancer or tumors.

I think the better treatment would be bioengineering hair follicles in the lab and then transplanting into the scalp. Dr lauster team claims they can create 10,000 hair from 30 biopsies and also dr tsuji was able to do this in 2012. I wish we could could know what they are up to now.

this thread quickly fell behind, but let me ask....

Is this "3D comb" treatment something that these students are theorizing may work, or is this an actual product they plan to take to market?

I cannot find much about this and from what I am reading I just don't know what to make of it. I don't see that it was tested and shown to be effective. Hell actually I don't know why the comb would even have to be 3D printed. Why not just fill a normal comb applicator with whatever miracle they supposedly have found?

Does anyone know if this is moving forward or if this is just a "science fair" project that these students are coming up with?

The team will participate at the world igem competition in Boston in september.
    Even if they don't win, they will have visibility, if they not already partenering with someone in Israel.

As I remember with their technology you can target directly the follicle with a molecule in a virus/vehicule , anthing like that, and so would mean suppress 100% dht around the follicle, or soon put SM, seti, etc directly

that could be really great, we will know more after the competition in september, or we could try to contact the team members, to ask little things, if they have a commercial plan ,etc. They are Young they will answers the mails hehe