FUE into scar - Page 8 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: FUE into scar

I really appreciate you posting pics.
    It’s good to have people to “talk” to. It feels like such a shameful and secretive and regretful existence I have at times.
    I actually am quite hopeful about cloning, although I understand the pesisim and doubts. Technology does move faster now than 10 years ago and it seems very promising and I’m hanging on to that advancement to someday put this behind me or as close to it as possible.
    I feel I’ve lost so much time since my HT’s in emotional turmoil, depression, regret. If I spent 1/2 as much time researching before an HT as I have researching how to repair it, I could not be in this mess. Sorry for venting, I know I’m not alone here.
    Back to scar repair. Have you guys seen Jeremy Piven? How the hell did he get his scar so fixed? He wears his hair so crazy short and we’ve probably all seen his fut scar. How is that possible? He’s always under the public eye and it’s never an issue.
    I’m considering a scar revision and maybe dye into scar.
    For those of you guys with kids and wife and then shaved, how did you tell them or friends?
    Smp looks promising for the right situation but I’m hoping to find a way to just wear my hair shorter someday.

Quote Originally Posted by JasperT View Post
    I really appreciate you posting pics.
    It’s good to have people to “talk” to. It feels like such a shameful and secretive and regretful existence I have at times.
    I actually am quite hopeful about cloning, although I understand the pesisim and doubts. Technology does move faster now than 10 years ago and it seems very promising and I’m hanging on to that advancement to someday put this behind me or as close to it as possible.
    I feel I’ve lost so much time since my HT’s in emotional turmoil, depression, regret. If I spent 1/2 as much time researching before an HT as I have researching how to repair it, I could not be in this mess. Sorry for venting, I know I’m not alone here.
    Back to scar repair. Have you guys seen Jeremy Piven? How the hell did he get his scar so fixed? He wears his hair so crazy short and we’ve probably all seen his fut scar. How is that possible? He’s always under the public eye and it’s never an issue.
    I’m considering a scar revision and maybe dye into scar.
    For those of you guys with kids and wife and then shaved, how did you tell them or friends?
    Smp looks promising for the right situation but I’m hoping to find a way to just wear my hair shorter someday.
    Don't waste your time waiting for hair cloning. I heard the "it's about 10 years away" 10 years ago. Don't know who this Jeremy guy is. Scar revision will decrease the size of the scar but will never completely eliminate it. Depending on how much hair you have all together and how you wear your hair is going to determine the success of the scar revision. I buzz my hair fairly shots, 1/4 inch I believe. If you look closely you can still see the scar through the hair, however no one has asked me what it is yet. It's possibly that they know its from HT, or that they don't notice it, or just don't care to ask. One day I will buzz it with no clip, however I'm not there just yet. I couldn't care less about peoples opinions when I'm in general public. It's more of the intimate close-corridors with friends and people at work that seems to be the challenge.

I'm very skeptical of SMP. Don't want my head to turn into blue dots. There are no photos of SMP years after the procedure. It's always the day of the procedure.

Hi.
    Jeremy piven is a very famous actor who’s fut scar landed on main stream tv and media. Google it. Then look at his current photos where you would never know he had it done. He wears his hair very short. I don’t know how this happened but I wish I did
    As for cloning & regeneration. I’m not saying it will be out this year or next but it’s a matter of when not if. I understand your pessimism, because I was told by docs ten years ago the same thing. But there’s a couple of prominent research facilities actually making progress.
    It’s my (and others) longer term hopes and I don’t think it’s good to lose hope altogether.
    I’m not saying wait around for it foolishly.
    Anyway, back to topic at hand. I commend you for doing what you’ve done and taking that leap towards “freedom” from being in limbo at least. I can imagine it’s incredibly hard to do.
    I’m in the process of research and want to know options but also just appreciate having a forum to
    Not feel like the only idiot in the world that did this.
    Trying to stay as optimistic as possible about life in general. You guys know it’s hard at times.

IMO Piven is wearing a rug

Just shave it, thanks for sharing. Can you give information on FUE scarring ?? I am considering 150-200 FUE into my FUT scar, but I'm worried about the resulting FUE scars and if they would make my situation worse. Right now I shave my head with a number 2 guard, however the area around my FUT scar I leave at a 4 guard. I'm hoping 200 FUE into my scar can let me shave to a number two all around without the strip being noticeable, or FUE dots..

Thanks justshaveit ,

Please share your progress related to scar ,

As I am also in same boat , i have 2mm wide and almost 20 cm long scar , i am planning to get it fixed with Fue

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas20 View Post
    Just shave it, thanks for sharing. Can you give information on FUE scarring ?? I am considering 150-200 FUE into my FUT scar, but I'm worried about the resulting FUE scars and if they would make my situation worse. Right now I shave my head with a number 2 guard, however the area around my FUT scar I leave at a 4 guard. I'm hoping 200 FUE into my scar can let me shave to a number two all around without the strip being noticeable, or FUE dots..
    The FUE dots are noticeable if you look closely if you buzz your head and keep in my that the scar will always be there. If you're worried about FUE dots all over your head, there are places that do body to head FUE transplants. The clinic I went to does not do body to head so I probably will not go back to them again if I choose to do another FUE to scar (which I may consider again)

My suggestion would be to have the scar trichophytic closure to decrease the size of the scar. Scars will be noticeable if you buzz with no clip like I did last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Thanks justshaveit ,

Please share your progress related to scar ,

As I am also in same boat , i have 2mm wide and almost 20 cm long scar , i am planning to get it fixed with Fue

Photos would be great to get a better understanding of what it looks like. My scar is approx. 30cm long and 2mm wide.

I don't know if there is anything else to say about the progress. I kept my head shaven for a few months last year. My overall experience with buzzing my hair with no clip was fairly positive. I'm okay with being in public, at the gym, in the sauna or hot tub at the local rec center. Being in close gatherings with friends is my next hurdle which I plan on tackling this year. It hasn't been too hard at work as my job is fairly independent so I don't have a lot of co-workers. Only 2 times was I asked about the scar at work, I gave them a bullshit explanation of car accident and they seemed to buy it. Once I was out with family at a dinner and someone commented that they could see the scar however that family member knows I had the HT.

I have since grown out my hair for the winter time and plan on buzzing it short again come April or May.

Question Hair transplant on scars?

Hi everyone! I have an old scar on my head and I want to try to cover it by FUE hair transplant. I was wondering if this kind of surgery can be covered by medical insurance. Does anyone from here used an medical insurance? Also if this is painful. I saw the case of a fire victim on the cover of the last publication of the international society of hair restoration https://ishrs.org/wp-content/uploads...01/F1-2019.pdf

I was amazed how the doctors succeeded to restore the hair of a girl on burn scars and skin grafts

Click image for larger version

Name:	F1-2019-01.jpg

Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	61168Click image for larger version

Name:	F1-2019-05.jpg

Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	61169Click image for larger version

Name:	F1-2019-06.jpg

Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	61170

Any advice is very appreciated.

Thanks!
    Last edited by edwin78; 02-09-2019 at 04:04 PM. Reason: image not shonw

Hi, did you contact this doctor? His work looks good. I have a scar close to my ear, my beard doesn't grow there anymore, but it doesn't really bother me as I got used to it. Didn't think about "filling" it till now , but as I am thinking of an HT, maybe I could fix this too.