+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

You can get the desired effect sure, but there's no basis to say it will be "as" effective as 1mg. Remember, 1mg fin will inhibit DHT at different levels in different people, some will see a lot of inhibition and it will be overkill, while others it will not be enough. 1mg appears to be the "sweet spot" for the widest population.

So for someone like JulioGP, it makes sense to start with 1mg, and then cut down if sides are persistent. Or start with microdose and work your way up....but I agree with your point - something is better than nothing!

ryan555, I guess.

The first graph shows how much DHT is reduced and the number of days depending on the dose. It is complete. Others may show continuous use, but the information is already quite complete in the first graph.

My idea is to start with a dose every other day for 1mg and depending on my result, decrease to 1 mg every 2 days. The graph clearly shows that in 2 days, DHT increases very little compared with the following day dosing.

KO1,

I agree with you. Probably the action in each one will be different. The wisest thing to do is actually monitoring through blood tests and be alert for any side effect.

Guys I'm telling you, 0.05mg/day is the way to go.

Look at all the data carefully. First, remember that the dose ranging study concluded 1mg to be around 25% more effective than 0.2mg in terms of hair count. What could be the reason for this? Look at the charts, 1mg reduced scalp DHT by 64%, and 0.2mg reduced scalp DHT by 55%. Makes sense 1mg would be superior. Then look at 5mg, reduced scalp DHT by 68%, again, makes sense that 5mg would be even more superior. But, keep in mind that in the dose ranging study, all doses were done for 6 months, except 5mg. 5mg was done for 12 months, which further explains the increased hair count.

Now, look at the data for 0.05mg/day. Scalp DHT reduced by 62%! Almost the same as for 1mg/day. And, serum DHT was only reduced by 50% as opposed to over 70%. I find it odd that 0.05mg/day would have more scalp DHT reduction than serum DHT reduction, but that is what the data shows.

Unfortunately 0.05mg/day was never included in the dose-ranging studies, but I'm connived it would perform on par with 1mg/day. Again, does not make sense intuitively, but the data indicates this.

Also when you look at DHT reduction after single doses, it is even more incentive to start low. A higher dose shoots your DHT way down after a single dose. A small dose like 0.05 only knocks it down a little after a single dose, but we know that 0.05/day repeatedly cuts serum DHT by 50%. This means it is a gradual decrease, which is likely easier on our bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post

Now, look at the data for 0.05mg/day. Scalp DHT reduced by 62%! Almost the same as for 1mg/day. And, serum DHT was only reduced by 50% as opposed to over 70%. I find it odd that 0.05mg/day would have more scalp DHT reduction than serum DHT reduction, but that is what the data shows.
    Not exactly, 5AR2 inhibition should inhibit scalp DHT more than serum, as 5AR2 is heavily present in the scalp.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    Unfortunately 0.05mg/day was never included in the dose-ranging studies, but I'm connived it would perform on par with 1mg/day. Again, does not make sense intuitively, but the data indicates this.
    No, the data does not indicate this. All data shows is it is effective above 0.2mg, with a flattening over 1mg.

http://www.jaad.org/article/S0190-96...052-8/abstract

Quote Originally Posted by KO1 View Post
    Not exactly, 5AR2 inhibition should inhibit scalp DHT more than serum, as 5AR2 is heavily present in the scalp.

[/url]
    Ahh ok, thanks, didn't know that.

Quote Originally Posted by KO1 View Post

No, the data does not indicate this. All data shows is it is effective above 0.2mg, with a flattening over 1mg.

http://www.jaad.org/article/S0190-96...052-8/abstract
    Bro you did not read and/or understand my post properly...I don't want to rehash, just read it again more carefully. If 0.05 was included, according to the data, it would be reasonable to assume 0.05/day would perform on par with 1mg.

The key is scalp DHT. There is clearly a direct correlation to hair count and scalp DHT in the dose-ranging studies. What makes you think haircount would not be close between 0.05/day and 1mg/day? Scalp DHT reduction is nearly the same.

It is unfortunate that0.05 or a dose from 0.04-0.2 was not included in dose ranging studies...

Thanks guys for all the above, this stuff is frightening to me, but if i were to try it, would 0.25mg Mon and Thurs be ok do you think? I guess it's down to me to try it ultimately tho..

I've been thinking about trying 0.25 (4 small pieces) 2 times a week also. i've had the pills since October, but have been holding out. I recently read a new study that came out a few weeks ago where the doctor gave it to guys who never had a sexual side effect, got on fin and had them, then they got off it for 3 months and still have the sides.

Very tough decision

Which study was that? Do you have a link?

I actually had the side and these persisted for more than 6 months. This season made ​​me think I would not use the Fina again. When Kératene appeared, I thought it was my hope, but my exams not proved efficient.

The hair keeps disappearing fast. Therefore I will make more this attempt, even having suffered side effects in the past. But now there are more studies to help bring a dose less aggressive.

Look what I intend to do. I'll use a dose of 1mg and then depending on what goes in my result, or we decrease the dose or I keep.

For my theory (red line), instead of using every other day, can you use every 3 days with no problems. After the first low DHT would only need for a "maintenance" of the same, as it will still be low. The graphs show that in three days the DHT remained at a level of approximately 32ng/dl the 37ng/dl, ie, a very small increase, and it probably will not negatively affect baldness.

There may be some changes on it, but it's an idea.

Guys can someone address why 0.05mg/day would not be the best way to take this drug?

Look at the chart, slight decrease after one dose at 0.04mg. We know that daily doses of 0.05mg cuts DHT by 50%, and Serum DHT by 62% (which is almost the same as for 1mg). So take daily doses of 0.05 and your DHT slowly decreases by 50%, rather than a rapid drop after one daily dose at a higher amount.

Someone please explain why it would not be best to do 0.05mg/day.