X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spex
    Dr Representative
    • Nov 2008

I'm changing from Finasteride and upping the juice to Dutasteride

So the time has come after nearly 17 years on 1mg finasteride daily to up the anti and I'm going to start now taking 0.5mg Dutasteride daily instead as i feel I've possibly now started to lose ground in the crown region do to the attack of DHT.

Ive had an incredible run with finasteride as it regrew and helped keep my mid/crown for nearly two decades but after monitoring my crown for a couple of years now i feel it is time to get ahead of the game and increase my defence against the dreaded DHT.

I've spoken at length with prescribing Dr too here in the UK and he's been very helpful and informative. I've also spoken to a number of guys who've made this move from finasteride to Dutasteride who've had positive results so feel this is an informed move and one I'm hopeful will benefit me.

After 17 years too on finasteride with no side effects I'm also hopeful i'll transition on to it with no issues either.

I will keep you informed periodically on any progress and i'll be making a documented blog on my website too.

Regards
    Spex

Last edited by Spex; 12-15-2016, 10:39 AM.
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.
  • k9gatton
    • Oct 2016

I hate you. Your hair looks like a full head to me!!

Comment

• JohnMPB
      • Nov 2009

Please keep us posted on your progress, I'm thinking of doing the same

Do you plan to gradually introduce dut or just switch to daily? Are you taking generic or brand name?

Comment

• JohnMPB
        • Nov 2009

double post

Comment

• Hairbrain
          • Apr 2016

Does anyone if any prior studies have been conducted with men that have either switched or used combined dosing?

Comment

• JoeTillman
            • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Spex
            So the time has come after nearly 17 years on 1mg finasteride daily to up the anti and I'm going to start now taking 0.5mg Dutasteride daily instead as i feel I've possibly now started to lose ground in the crown region do to the attack of DHT.

Ive had an incredible run with finasteride as it regrew and helped keep my mid/crown for nearly two decades but after monitoring my crown for a couple of years now i feel it is time to get ahead of the game and increase my defence against the dreaded DHT.

I've spoken at length with prescribing Dr too here in the UK and he's been very helpful and informative. I've also spoken to a number of guys who've made this move from finasteride to Dutasteride who've had positive results so feel this is an informed move and one I'm hopeful will benefit me.

After 17 years too on finasteride with no side effects I'm also hopeful i'll transition on to it with no issues either.

I will keep you informed periodically on any progress and i'll be making a documented blog on my website too.

Regards
            Spex

Be sure to monitor your water retention or even your BMI. I tried this a decade ago and became a wee bit bloated.
            Joe Tillman
            The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
            See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Comment

• Hicks
              • Apr 2013

Will you be using glaxosmithkline?

My hair has gotten better after switching to proscar/merck after 2.5 years on a generic.

Comment

• Spex
                Dr Representative
                • Nov 2008

Hi Hicks,

Apologises for delay. Ive been travelling. Yes I'm going with Glax.
                So far so good with no side effects. If anything a little more activity downstairs so happy days.

Regards
                S

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

• michel sapin
                  • Dec 2015

hey spex , what would you recommend to me, i have been on propecia for 2 years no with no result on my hairline or crown ; should i upgrade to dutasteride ? I am afraid of the side effect gynecomastia with duta because it inhibits more dht . thx

Comment

• JohnMPB
                    • Nov 2009

Any updates?

Comment

• zurich
                      • Dec 2016

Almost no thinning in that photo. Seems a bit drastic as a preventative step.

Comment

• JohnMPB
                        • Nov 2009

No update still?

Comment

• Spex
                          Dr Representative
                          • Nov 2008

Hi guys,
                          Sorry no updates. Not much to report as still early days. I have experienced zero side effects.
                          I will take some pictures in a month when i can achieve a similar environment and hair cut to compare.

There is definitely thinning in the crown region hence why i have decided to take it up a notch.

My main objective is to continue to halt the loss moving forward. I don't expect regrowth.

Regards
                          Spex

Comment

• JohnMPB
                            • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Spex
                            Hi guys,
                            Sorry no updates. Not much to report as still early days. I have experienced zero side effects.
                            I will take some pictures in a month when i can achieve a similar environment and hair cut to compare.

There is definitely thinning in the crown region hence why i have decided to take it up a notch.

My main objective is to continue to halt the loss moving forward. I don't expect regrowth.

Regards
                            Spex
                            Spex,
                            How long does it typically take to results on something like dut when switching over?

Is there any evidence you have seen that suggests dut works better for maintenance/regrowth?

I'm thinking of switching over too but kind of hesitant right now.

Comment

• Spex
                              Dr Representative
                              • Nov 2008

Hi John,
                              I believe everyone is different but any benefits would become clear after say 6-12 months.

Good info here on benefits
                              Study on importance of 5a-reductase inhibition in treatment of male pattern hair loss w/ links to info on dutasteride (Avodart) & finasteride (Propecia)

Regards
                              SPEX

Comment

Working...