Depression side affect after one day on dutasteride - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Depression side affect after one day on dutasteride

Hi Everyone,

I'm a 24y old guy. 4 years ago I noticed I had receding temples and some thinning at my crown. But I think I was still in denial. After two years I decided I had to do something about it.
    My father and his father are both suffering from MPB,
    my grandfather was bald at an early age and my father is now 50 and is a NW5. So I knew I had to start some treatment to prevent this from happening to me.
    After one year on minoxidil, I jumped on the big 3. Fin 1mg daily, minox 2 times daily and niz 3 times a week.

I had a big shed, and lost everything I gained from minox. After 6 months the shedding stopped and my hair stared to fill in. It's working!!!
    Because MPB runs in the family (quit aggressively) I wanted to give Dut a try.
    I had no sides from Fin, so I thought "Why not give it a try".

So I ordered some Avodart. Two days ago I took my first Dut pill (0.5 mg). The next morning I felt fine but around 15:00 I started to feel a bit weird, dejected an a bit depressed. Libido is still fine. I haven't took a pill since.

I have dealt with minor depressions (no longer than 3 months, and not really bad) and they were due some big life events (breakups etc). This is not the case atm.
    Therefore, I would like to hear your advice or experiences. I know Dut is related to depressions. But can one pill cause this already?? Keep in mind I'm on Fin for almost 9 months and no sides. Should I quit the drug right away? Or maybe my body has to get used to the drug? I hope someone can help me with this.

Inactive

Honestly, no matter how good of advice we could give you here, I really think the best and safest thing you can do is talk to your doctor about this. Especially considering you have a history of depression, it's not something I would take lightly, no matter how likely it is to happen that fast or not (less than 24 hours). Good luck man. I'd love to know how this turns out for you.

Since you haven't had any side effects with Finasteride, it's best to give time to your body to adjust to the drug and follow up with your doctor in the meantime .

First of all, tnx for replying to my post.
    My situation has improved slightly over the past days, but I still don't feel the same.
    I hope it will gradually improve in the coming days. Till then I don't take any Avodart or Fin.
    Maybe when I'll feel better, I'll give Dut another try. If I'm feeling bad again after it. I'll stop with Avodart and accept it wasn't for me.

So atm I'm not on any DTH-blocking treatment, for how long can I do this before it wil affect my hair-loss gains. (in your opinions). I know everyone is different

I'll keep you guys updated.

And also remember if you decide you go off alpha blockers do it slowly , tapper off rather than cold turkey . It could cause a shock to your endo system .

Quick update, got off Avodart. Depression sides went away after a few days.
    I'm now back on Fin.

If you still have depression try vitamin b3 (Niacin) the real thing, not Niacinamide. I started taking it because I read about it boosting scalp circulation to help with hair loss and it is now part of my routine. A nice side affect I've noticed is stress has greatly been reduced, and my mood couldn't be better. It is also helping my hair to grow back. Just a quick warning, don't take it before going out, a side affect and the one that helps I think is a bright red face and burning sensation that lasts about an hour. I take 500mg daily.

here's some info regarding it usefulness to treat depression https://www.drugs.com/comments/niaci...epression.html

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by gohanback View Post
    Quick update, got off Avodart. Depression sides went away after a few days.
    I'm now back on Fin.
    Very happy this turned out well for you. Hoping the fin does what you need it to and keeps your hair loss at bay without the side effects.