+ Reply to Thread

Default Hairs faling out in clump of three. Waxy buildup on end of the hair

Hi all,

So i've been noticing lately that my hair has been falling out in groups of threes and twos. The hairs are shedding but what is bothering me is that the hair has a noticeable waxy bulb buildup at the end that is clearly something along the lines of clogged pores.

This is not the standard bulb you see on the end of the hair, but a layer of sebum or something similar to the lines of a waxy plug that is holding the multiple hairs together. If you remove this waxy plug from the hairs, you can see each individual 'bulb' on the end of each hair.

What is causing my hair to come out in groups of three with the waxy buildup on it? I went to Dr. McAndrews here in L.A. last week but he seemed to dismiss it. However it seems a bit drastic and the fact that they are falling out in groups of twos and threes (aka, the natural way hair is grouped together).

What is going on?

Also, a question on rogaine. Ive heard some reports that users experience their hair shed on rogaine only to find that it does not grow back. How often does this actually happen?

I've been on Propecia for about (just in the first week or so) of month five. I'm not currently using rogaine but am considering it.

not a single reply from anyone?

I would not be concerned about the waxy buildup or the fact that you are losing hairs in twos and threes. This really means nothing and can be just the way you as an individual shed hair. Adding Rogaine might help but you are correct about the shed, which usually occurs at the beginning of treatment. Have you noticed any change with Propecia?

so far i havnt noticed much change with propecia. it still appears that hairs are miniturizing while growing. as hairs fall out, one end is generally thicker than the root/base of the hair. i just started adding rogaine into the mix about a week or two ago and will continue to use that to see if anything is changing. does seem like more hair is falling out, but it could be in relation to the rogaine. i guess i will know in a few more months if it is working or not. i am coming up on six weeks right now. havnt really noticed any new regrowth at all, so i am probably not in that category that will regrow hair persay, but if i can keep what i have i will be happy at least.

still worried though.

Dear Fantastic, you will find out that most everything out there on the market that says it will regrow your hair, you will be disappointed in the long run. That is why most of us that really wanted are hair back have done hairtransplants. The main thing that everyone has wanted to find is the best company and the best work. There are alot of places that do good work but the market has caused everyone of the places doing low work to talk bad about the people that are doing good work so that they can try to direct more business to themselves. Do your research and look at the real work before making any decision. You will get to where you want to be, I did. Just have faith! Navy Seal