Rogaine or lipogaine - Page 2 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    I am trying lipogaine right now and its pretty over priced really. The normal minox is a fraction of the price for 6 month supply. Lipogaine is like 25 for a month of it, and all the topicals give you such a tiny amount I cant imagine using it on large bald areas you would run out in like a week. From an ingredient point of view the DHT blocker stuff is pointless and probably does nothing certainly not worth the huge price increase. Is the vehicle that much better? I dont know, but its a large price to pay for that maybe its worth it if your rich
    Realistically since I want to maintain im better seeing my doctor and begging for propecia. The minox is never going to really change the fundamental MPB process, but its worth adding minox vs using nothing
    So IMO I think rogaine is the much better financial choice, but if you have lots of money to waste lipogaine might have more efficacy in the long run. Maybe the vehicle is better and maybe the DHT blocker stuff does something

I have been using propecia along with minoxodil. Since you've had an experience with both, have you seen better results with lipogaine? Iv heard mixed reviews but people say lipogaine certainly works better than minoxodil foam which what I have been using.

Lipogaine does not itch. That for me is already a world of difference.

If Lipogaine and Kirkland's are the same, but Lipogaine does not itch my scalp, then i'll take Lipogaine. I use both though. I think that Lipogaine dries a little faster as well.

I am trying lipogaine right now and its pretty over priced really. The normal minox is a fraction of the price for 6 month supply. Lipogaine is like 25 for a month of it, and all the topicals give you such a tiny amount I cant imagine using it on large bald areas you would run out in like a week. From an ingredient point of view the DHT blocker stuff is pointless and probably does nothing certainly not worth the huge price increase. Is the vehicle that much better? I dont know, but its a large price to pay for that maybe its worth it if your rich
    Realistically since I want to maintain im better seeing my doctor and begging for propecia. The minox is never going to really change the fundamental MPB process, but its worth adding minox vs using nothing
    So IMO I think rogaine is the much better financial choice, but if you have lots of money to waste lipogaine might have more efficacy in the long run. Maybe the vehicle is better and maybe the DHT blocker stuff does something
    You don't have to be rich to use Lipogaine. It cost about $300 dollars for a 1 year supply. There are some people who pay that much on overpriced internet speeds/cell phone bills/subscriptions to apps every month, and they are not rich. I think if you care about your hair, $300 dollars for 1 year supply, or $25 a month, is not that much money unless you are really hurting.

And why would you need more minoxidil on a balder scalp? Just use the recommended dose.

Kirkland's is dirt cheap, I use it. I think it's like $28-30 for 6 months supply. It's dirt cheap, and makes my scalp feel dirt cheap as well. The other night I got really, really itchy. I thought about Lipogaine from a price standpoint, it's kinda pricey, but if it's minoxidil that won't make my scalp itch, i'll take it.

If you can afford brand name propecia you can certainly afford lipogaine. I don't think you have to be rich to afford $300 a year. Lipogaine drys faster, does not flake and does not itch like Kirkland, I used rogaine foam it was about the same price as lipogaine but I don't think it absorbs as well, I was still shedding a lot of hair whilst on it, once I switched to lipogaine I noticed the real benefit of minoxidil which is that it stops shedding thus keeping more terminal follicles on your head, while it does not treat the actual condition, the simple fact that the hair shed can be cut in half will lead to a significant delay in the balding process. In my opinion, if you're taking propecia it would be best to use the best minoxidil available, that's my opinion, some guys look at price as a determining factor I don't.

I had a go at using lipogaine. I've recently started losing hair and im only 25. There are a lot of mixed views on lipogaine. Some say it depends on your type of genetics or some shit like that. Maybe they're right. But after using it I'm gonna say it's bullshit. I only applied it to the front and hair loss increased a hell of a lot all over.....rapidly and not normal.

I read some articles on it which I should have done before buying it and as I read through them I can't help thinking that the people who wrote them are being paid to write that. Everyone's got to make a living though.

Lipogaine was a very very very bad choice. Be careful everyone. It dries out the scalp and gives hair a texture which doesn't feel right. For healthy hair it needs to be oily. Not rock hard

Lipogaine was way too sticky for me. I have been using the minoxidil from Hair Restoration Laboratories for 2 weeks and like how it dries right away.

Lipogaine was too sticky for me as well. Try the Hair Restoration Laboratories minoxidil.

BaldingEagle is right! Minoxidil is the same, regardless of the packaging. Kirkland Minoxidil is probably the best value 5% Minoxidil. https://www.minoxidiluk.com/

I use regular 5% regaine foam night use, the lipogaine caused me to itch like crazy plus more loss!