+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hair Cloning

Thumbs down Hair Cloning

Is hair cloning actually a legitimate thing that's capable of curing MPB or is it going to be like all the other previous breakthroughs?

I've read a lot of articles on hair cloning and from what these companies are saying, it will be available quite soon but it all seems to good to be true. There doesn't seem to be much coverage on the subject considering they're substantially close to completing this cure, nor do I ever hear or see people talking about this potential procedure? It could completely solve everyone's hair loss problems and give an individual the head of hair they've always dreamt about. It's essentially revolutionised hair transplants which to be fair, seems plausible.

What's other people's thoughts and opinions on this? Surely I'm not the only person who's been researching this matter.

If a complete cure for baldness is coming soon, this is the only way I can imagine it happening. They say that stem cells and such will be able to 're-activate' the dormant follicles on the head which have just miniaturised but are still there (I think is the logic), but I can't imagine that being available as a pill or injections or whatever in the next couple of decades.

But cloning hair always seems feasible to me. I mean, they cloned a sheep in 1997, right? That was 20 years ago. All you need to do is take one hair from a guy's scalp, clone it 100,000 times, then have a robot transplant it to the scalp (lol, I know, that simple, right? Might as well do it myself).

I'm just worried that if this treatment were to suddenly become available, I, and several million other guys, would suddenly die of relief/happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by clee984 View Post
    If a complete cure for baldness is coming soon, this is the only way I can imagine it happening. They say that stem cells and such will be able to 're-activate' the dormant follicles on the head which have just miniaturised but are still there (I think is the logic), but I can't imagine that being available as a pill or injections or whatever in the next couple of decades.

But cloning hair always seems feasible to me. I mean, they cloned a sheep in 1997, right? That was 20 years ago. All you need to do is take one hair from a guy's scalp, clone it 100,000 times, then have a robot transplant it to the scalp (lol, I know, that simple, right? Might as well do it myself).

I'm just worried that if this treatment were to suddenly become available, I, and several million other guys, would suddenly die of relief/happiness.
    Exactly! It seems so simple to do considering the technology and computing we have available today. Like you said yourself, we've cloned animals in the past and that was 20 years ago so you're telling me we're incapable of cloning a flipping hair? I mean for Christ sake the worlds first head transplant is being attempted at some point this year and yet we can't even find a decent treatment/cure for hair loss.. It seems so stupid! In one sense I'm really happy that the world is becoming self obsessive and preoccupied with the idea of perfection. Now hair loss will actually be taken seriously by the vast majority meaning bigger organisations will research into the matter. It amazes me how someone hasn't already come up with another treatment. We're long overdue one and the hair loss treatment industry is so small in comparison to the amount that suffer from it! I mean, imagine being the person or business that eventually finds a cure, new prevention for MPB.. you'd likely become one of the richest people on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackito View Post
    Exactly! It seems so simple to do considering the technology and computing we have available today. Like you said yourself, we've cloned animals in the past and that was 20 years ago so you're telling me we're incapable of cloning a flipping hair? I mean for Christ sake the worlds first head transplant is being attempted at some point this year and yet we can't even find a decent treatment/cure for hair loss.. It seems so stupid! In one sense I'm really happy that the world is becoming self obsessive and preoccupied with the idea of perfection. Now hair loss will actually be taken seriously by the vast majority meaning bigger organisations will research into the matter. It amazes me how someone hasn't already come up with another treatment. We're long overdue one and the hair loss treatment industry is so small in comparison to the amount that suffer from it! I mean, imagine being the person or business that eventually finds a cure, new prevention for MPB.. you'd likely become one of the richest people on earth.
    Yeah, I've thought that myself about face transplants, and re-growing livers and so forth. I remember hearing about hair multiplication for the first time in about 2003 though, and don't know if there's been any progress in it, I assume there has, and I assume that a lot of mice somewhere have beautiful new heads of hair. HTs are really good now, and quick, it's just the lack of donor that's the problem imo, hair cloning would fix that.

One of the issues is that male pattern baldness affects........males. Men just aren't as willing, for various reasons, to admit that something is bothering them. Women talk about their insecurities all the time (if you're married, you realise that your wife's insecurities are like old testament gods - totally without mercy and must be obeyed). Us guys have to make a joke about our insecurities, even if we are secretly dying inside.

There are ethical issues with cloning preventing fast clinical implementation of pretty much all cloning related treatments. We can clone small bodyparts on mice etc... but since doing that use the same technics as more ethically problematic genetic manipulations all this is coming pretty slowly. It's always around the corner but it never comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Louish View Post
    There are ethical issues with cloning preventing fast clinical implementation of pretty much all cloning related treatments. We can clone small bodyparts on mice etc... but since doing that use the same technics as more ethically problematic genetic manipulations all this is coming pretty slowly. It's always around the corner but it never comes.
    We're becoming more technologically advanced by the day so it wouldn't surprise me if something came up within the next 20 years. We're long due a new treatment.. it's been almost 20 years since finasteride was approved and currently that's the only long lasting effective treatment we've got. It's seriously shit thinking about how small the hair loss industry is in comparison to numbers suffering. What a time to be a alive for mice though! Lucky ****ers all sporting Norwood 1's.

I’ve been following the hairclone.me site a bit and it seems very promising and not “that far off”.
    Who knows with fda approvals though.
    I’m praying that it will be available soon, I have ht regrets and want to get off propecia so bad. It seems like cloning would help me put some of this mess behind me or at least hidden enough to
    not be as insecure as I am feeling.

You know, my husband started losing his hair at the top a few years ago. I thought it is pretty normal at his age. Especially he always had naturally thin hair and his father was almost bald. But he was very frustrated because of that and started trying different types of hair loss treatment. The only one that brought a huge visible result was stem cell treatment called N-graft, we found the information on this site ngraftcosmetics.com. I would never believe it will work, but his hair looks MUCH better now! So stem cells is an option.