Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eshack
    • Jan 2015

Is Propecia worth the risk?

20 year old male here, almost 21. Since the summer, I have definitely noticed a thinning around my temples/hairline, and also some slight thinning around the crown. It's getting worse and worse, and I know that it will continue to get worse unless I do something about it.

I've heard all about the risks of taking Propecia. My question for you all is, is it worth the risk?

I love having hair and the thought of losing it sucks, but I also am pretty terrified of the possibility of permanent ED, decreased libido, testicular pain, etc.

Should I give it a shot?
  • mpb47
    • Apr 2012

Originally posted by eshack
    20 year old male here, almost 21. Since the summer, I have definitely noticed a thinning around my temples/hairline, and also some slight thinning around the crown. It's getting worse and worse, and I know that it will continue to get worse unless I do something about it.

I've heard all about the risks of taking Propecia. My question for you all is, is it worth the risk?

I love having hair and the thought of losing it sucks, but I also am pretty terrified of the possibility of permanent ED, decreased libido, testicular pain, etc.

Should I give it a shot?
    YES - I have had sides yet it is the only thing that has worked for me.
    This is just IHO, but if you smoke, stop *before* you start propecia .
    If you cant , don't stop while you are on it.
    Don't start stuff like drinking while you are on it.

it's the only thing that works that I have found so far.

Comment

• eshack
      • Jan 2015

Originally posted by mpb47
      YES - I have had sides yet it is the only thing that has worked for me.
      This is just IHO, but if you smoke, stop *before* you start propecia .
      If you cant , don't stop while you are on it.
      Don't start stuff like drinking while you are on it.

it's the only thing that works that I have found so far.
      How long have you been on it? And why do you say not stop or drink while on it?

Thank you.

Comment

• keratonico
        • Jan 2015

Stay away from finasteride, it works, but your libido will dissapear and you might cancer and permanent health damage

Comment

• mpb47
          • Apr 2012

Originally posted by eshack
          How long have you been on it? And why do you say not stop or drink while on it?

Thank you.
          I was on it about 5 years the first time. Worked really good for me.

Second time not quite a year.

as far as your other questions go, this is just my opnion and I could be wrong but:

Several posters have said cigs cause testerone boast. One of the hair docs here said cigs acelarate mpb but she didn't not say way.

The first time I went about 5 years without sides and when I got them, it was about 4 months after I quit cigs.

The second time I had not been on it for about 5 years and yet got sides after I quit cigs again.

I am not sure of anything, but it appears that cigs have some effect, at least for me and maybe others...

Comment

Working...