+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Histogen news

Quote Originally Posted by Kudu View Post
    Man, I just wish I knew for sure whether Histogen or RepliCell will come out or not. It would just be nice so I could get on with my life instead of holding my breath the next few years. I'm worried I'll be the guy that goes bald right as they come out, how shitty would that be? Finally a real treatment and it won't help you.

I agree with you 100%. I'm sick and tired of constantly clicking click-bait articles with titles like "Cure for MPB closer Scientists find". Not only is it mentally taxing but it's eating up my time when it could be used to come to terms with this genetic death sentence. If Histogen and Replicel fail, I'm done. No more. Zilch. Nada. I will succumb to this disease with bitter resignation.

Quote Originally Posted by sascha View Post
    I feel you. I concentrate on the positive stuff:
    a) the treatments are safe !!!
    b) Japan has new regulations make it possible to sell safe treatments
    c) even we baldies deserve some luck from time to time
    What I worry about is that it won't be feasible to get treatment in Japan. Will it take 2 trips or one trip that's a month long? I believe they extract the cells and then culture them or something which takes a little while.

Quote Originally Posted by Justinian View Post
    What I worry about is that it won't be feasible to get treatment in Japan. Will it take 2 trips or one trip that's a month long? I believe they extract the cells and then culture them or something which takes a little while.
    I think it takes about 2 months to culture.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Dosing will NOT be higher. They used their maximum dosage in Phase I and it will continue to stay like that for the remainder of the trial. You can ONLY expect more frequent dosing in the next phase trials and commercial release. If they're trial is set up to inject, lets say, 10,000 DSC cells, then that's the maximum you're going to get. If they'd want to try 20,000 cells, they'd have to start the trials all over.

HOWEVER

What I am curious about are the results of Phase I injections at the 12 month mark. Here's why; we know a traditional hair transplant takes about 12 months or so for full effects. The follicles are fully developed non-AGA affected taken from the back and implanted to the balding areas. If it takes about 1 year to get full results from already developed follicles to sprout terminal hairs, WHY have so many of us written off Replicel after only 6 months of data from cells that needed to rejuvinate and/or create BRAND NEW follicles? Would this process take longer than a hair transplant?

But here's where things get murky: Replicel doesn't have data past the 6 month mark! Which is damn stupid... why would they not follow the progress past that... THATS when all the interesting stuff SHOULD happen.

I wonder who those individuals are from the Phase I trial.

"Now, the next step for us, is a 160-patient trial that will measure frequency and dosage. We need to determine if you have to give more than one injection to get a serial conversion of healthy hair follicles? And the other aspect is determining the best dosage so we will be testing three different doses" From David Hall in Octobers interview. This is good news and also who knows how much faster Sheseido will speed things up, they said that they will share each others data. This is a lot of money just to get it out a couple years sooner. I have faith in these guys just from recent news.

It is a 3 month culture, hence the group receiving a second treatment after 3 months. My assumption is that lower doses would take less time.

It would seem to me now that they are using lower doses since the DSC cells degrade the more they replicate. Thus the aim is quality over quantity. Unfortunately, that may mean there is a limit since the cells are harvested from your donor region.

Regardless, several treatments are required even if they manage consistent +20% yield. Start saving up your frequent flier miles.

Quote Originally Posted by macbeth81 View Post
    It is a 3 month culture, hence the group receiving a second treatment after 3 months. My assumption is that lower doses would take less time.

It would seem to me now that they are using lower doses since the DSC cells degrade the more they replicate. Thus the aim is quality over quantity. Unfortunately, that may mean there is a limit since the cells are harvested from your donor region.

Regardless, several treatments are required even if they manage consistent +20% yield. Start saving up your frequent flier miles.
    I'd treat the trip to Japan as vacation. Cherry on top: extra hair on my scalp.

Win Win for me. Japan is on my bucket list.

Quote Originally Posted by Justinian View Post
    maybe they can extract in USA and ship to Japan-- there is probably many clinics that are capable of doing the extraction.

Then, two months later, you take a trip to Japan to have the procedure

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHairASAP View Post
    maybe they can extract in USA and ship to Japan-- there is probably many clinics that are capable of doing the extraction.

Then, two months later, you take a trip to Japan to have the procedure
    I don't see why they couldn't but you never know with our luck.

I really wonder why Histogen like to disappoint people..
    About two months ago they told us they gonna start their final phase early 2015...
    But they dont even have funds.. As always..

I'm surprised they haven't taken the HSC subsection of the forum down. It's obvious Histogen is done, they clearly couldn't get a partner or funding for the phase IIb trials that were supposed to be starting at the beginning of 2015.

To me, this is a huge disappointment. I can't believe they couldn't get someone to throw a couple million at them to start their final trial for approval in Asia. For people who have sides on fin, or don't want to take a pill every day, this treatment is huge. Further, it could definitely increase the benefits of any medication out there today. This would have been out now or in the next year if they had gotten funding.