X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stayhopeful
    • Feb 2013

whats the problem with Gho??

other than $$...?

and whats with this new stem cell injection mentioned on his website??

thx
  • Arashi
    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by stayhopeful
    other than $$...?

and whats with this new stem cell injection mentioned on his website??

thx
    Problem is that HASCI advices patients who want to be able to shave their heads not to do more than 3 HST's.

Comment

• garethbale
      • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Arashi
      Problem is that HASCI advices patients who want to be able to shave their heads not to do more than 3 HST's.
      Does that imply that the regeneration rate of 80% seems inaccurate...i.e. if there was 80% regeneration the donor would not be depleted after 3 HTs?

Comment

• Arashi
        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by garethbale
        Does that imply that the regeneration rate of 80% seems inaccurate...i.e. if there was 80% regeneration the donor would not be depleted after 3 HTs?
        Donor is not depleted after 3 HST's, not at all. They're only saying that it start to visibly negatively impact your donor after 3 HST's and therefore they advice you to not do more than 3 (IF you want to be able to shave your hair short). In my opinion that's indeed a way of saying that regeneration is less than 80% (more like 50-60%).

Comment

• FearTheLoss
          • Dec 2012

Donor is not depleted after 3 HST's, not at all. They're only saying that it start to visibly negatively impact your donor after 3 HST's and therefore they advice you to not do more than 3 (IF you want to be able to shave your hair short). In my opinion that's indeed a way of saying that regeneration is less than 80% (more like 50-60%).

Well I would say 5500 grafts is the max if you want to shave, because that is about what DS is at after his 3rd HST....

if someone got 1000 grafts each time, I'm sure they could do more than 3 HST's

Comment

• 25 going on 65
            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by stayhopeful
            other than $$...?
            You can get cosmetically better results elsewhere.

Not a problem in itself, more like 1 factor in a judgment call you must make for yourself.

Comment

• gc83uk
              • Nov 2011

This is getting out of control. I'm going to email Deborah tonight/tomorrow a few questions and post the answers.

First thing I'm going to ask her is what is this shit about only being able to have 3 HST's before the donor is starting to become visibly thinner, (this is what you've been told Arashi, right?)

If she agrees with that statement, then I will push for more details and specific numbers. E.g 3 HSTs equate to approx 4000-5000 grafts. Assuming we're saying 80% is the magic number, we're basically saying once you lose 1000 grafts you can visibly see it!

IMO... losing 1000 grafts on a normal-average donor area is NOT a problem with HST. (Forget about comparisons with FUE, that is pointless).

So this begs the question, why are they only advising 3 HSTs before the donor area 'gaps' start to show? (Esp on shaved heads)

Feel free to add any questions which I can put forward, as long as they're short and not over complicated I'm sure she'll answer them.

Comment

• Arashi
                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by gc83uk
                This is getting out of control. I'm going to email Deborah tonight/tomorrow a few questions and post the answers.

First thing I'm going to ask her is what is this shit about only being able to have 3 HST's before the donor is starting to become visibly thinner, (this is what you've been told Arashi, right?)

If she agrees with that statement, then I will push for more details and specific numbers. E.g 3 HSTs equate to approx 4000-5000 grafts. Assuming we're saying 80% is the magic number, we're basically saying once you lose 1000 grafts you can visibly see it!

IMO... losing 1000 grafts on a normal-average donor area is NOT a problem with HST. (Forget about comparisons with FUE, that is pointless).

So this begs the question, why are they only advising 3 HSTs before the donor area 'gaps' start to show? (Esp on shaved heads)

Feel free to add any questions which I can put forward, as long as they're short and not over complicated I'm sure she'll answer them.
                Good idea GC ! BTW, IM was told something similar: http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showpos...6&postcount=33

Comment

• gc83uk
                  • Nov 2011

Good idea GC ! BTW, IM was told something similar: http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showpos...6&postcount=33
                  Hmm, I think it's just Hasci being their usual conservative self!

If we're using the same example of 5000 grafts then I guess if you look close enough you probably will see 1000 graft-gaps, but I know you suspect it's probably closer to 2000 graft-gaps.

Is there anything else we don't have answers to? (other than the obvious 50 graft test situation being a complete ****up).

Comment

• Arashi
                    • Aug 2012

Hmm, I think it's just Hasci being their usual conservative self!

If we're using the same example of 5000 grafts then I guess if you look close enough you probably will see 1000 graft-gaps, but I know you suspect it's probably closer to 2000 graft-gaps.

Is there anything else we don't have answers to? (other than the obvious 50 graft test situation being a complete ****up).
                    I guess my main question is this. Most people agree that a 2000 FUE will only slightly thin the average donor. If regrowth is really 80%, that means that 5 HST's would have the same effect on a donor as 1 FUE. Why then does HASCI advice people who want to be able to shave their heads to only have max 3 HST's ? Also, why aren't there still ANY photo's out there of people who had more than 5k HST grafts ?

Comment

• Arashi
                      • Aug 2012

Or, since the average HST probably is around 1600 grafts, then 2000 FUE would equal not 5 but more than 6 HST's !!

Comment

• Oct 2011

This is getting out of control.
                        That's right - like "The Ironman Procedure" thread (among others); just because 1 idiot is COMPLETELY unable to ask the proper questions and to understand the proper answers (everything in his native language, of course). I mean, besides being COMPLETELY unable to find answers himself.

Btw "The Ironman Procedure" thread:
                        HOW MANY procedures "advised" HSCI me IN BLACK AND WHITE?

Right - 5 - all in all, to cover-up adequate all bald areas and five procedures would mean in my case around 7000 grafts just out of the real "safety zone" as they did it in the 1st procedure!

Yeah, and 5 procedures doesn't mean "end of story", because advised 5 procedures just means to cover-up adequate all my bald areas.

Comment

• Arashi
                          • Aug 2012

I asked why Dean Saunders only got 3 HST's. Kristel said that's what they advice clients who want to be able to shave their heads, cause after 3 HST's the donor is starting to look worse. I then asked for more details. Never got them. So, enlighten us, what was the wrong question and what part didn't I understand ?

Comment

• Arashi
                            • Aug 2012

And let's discuss this like adults, IM, no need to swear and insult each other.

Comment

• Arashi
                              • Aug 2012

Or, since the average HST probably is around 1600 grafts, then 2000 FUE would equal not 5 but more than 6 HST's !!
                              In fact, since it seems HASCI has difficulties doing 3 hair grafts, the ratio is even different. With normal FUE, the average will be 2 hairs/graft if 1's 2's and 3's are evenly distributed. With HASCI it will be close to 1.5. Which means that 2000 FUE grafts would lose 4000 hairs and 2000 HST grafts 3000 in donor. If you take that also into consideration, then at 80% regrowth, 2000 FUE grafts should yield the same donor loss as about 9 HST's !! But instead HASCI advices clients to stop after 3 HST's. Something isn't right here IM, and you know it too.

Comment

Working...