+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    I know. I can tell you my story bud.

My hair wasnt as good as yours but I was never 'going bald' . My hair loss was so slow that it only became a liability at age 35 really. Even then I had a relatively 'full head of hair' .

That is the mistake I made. It will probably never happen to you but if I could go back I would start taking fin at age 20 unless there were drastic side effects

I hear good things about Histogen. Cant wait to see what it can do.
    +1

You may be fine for a long long time. But start keeping an eye on things when you are hitting your mid-late 30's.

Hopefully by then there will be more effective drugs by then.

Quote Originally Posted by mpb47 View Post
    +1

You may be fine for a long long time. But start keeping an eye on things when you are hitting your mid-late 30's.

Hopefully by then there will be more effective drugs by then.
    7 years till 35. Year 2020

If they don't have newer treatments by then. It will be like:

What.the.****.

yeahyeahyeah, do you truly beleive going from nw0 to nw2 has that big an impact on your looks? If it does, that in itself is a little troubling. I dunno, maybe your one of those guys where hair is a big part of what makes them look good.

OR, is it just the anxiety of losing more hair? If you knew your loss was completely stopped i dont think you would be on here.

Even now my hair looks like shit and impacts my looks a bit, but id be happy with just stopping the loss above a nw3 and calling it a day.

Make money, get a HT when you need, your done lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    yeahyeahyeah, do you truly beleive going from nw0 to nw2 has that big an impact on your looks? If it does, that in itself is a little troubling. I dunno, maybe your one of those guys where hair is a big part of what makes them look good.

OR, is it just the anxiety of losing more hair? If you knew your loss was completely stopped i dont think you would be on here.

Even now my hair looks like shit and impacts my looks a bit, but id be happy with just stopping the loss above a nw3 and calling it a day.

Make money, get a HT when you need, your done lol

Both, and yeah it has. Especially with the temple points going. Not only does my forehead look longer, but by losing my temple points, my facial proportions are slightly out of whack now as I have a long wide forehead. This becomes very apparent if my fringe is cut too short or if I push my hair up. Sadly, the hairstyle which really suited me was one where my hair is pushed up - my ex girlfriend always used to ask me why I never did it. She often used to say to me, you have such thick hair, why don't you style it better. When you have a sharp V and push it up, you end up having a fauwhawk, which on me looks ridiculous.

Other girls used to also compliment my hair a lot more when I was able too style it better, it is frustrating not being able to do so as I used to be told that I was handsome.

It also doesn't help that because I've lost temple /hairline hair. With my hair not framing my face properly, I have heard on occasions, that my hair looks weird. Meaning that to AVOID this I often have to spend hours trying to get my hair styled well. In the old days I wouldn't even think about this. Now in comparison I am self conscious when I am out and about - often doing many bathroom checks during the day in case the wind has exposed my hairline.

I have indeed been thinking about getting a hair transplant and moving on. This is what i want to do. But due to a lack of decent safe treatments, I am holding back out of the fear I lose more hair. The whole hairloss problem if I am honest causes me a lot of anxiety.

My whole life has changed due to hairloss to be honest. Before when I used to get depressed, I was more hopeful about the future because I had my looks. Now, I feel under a lot more pressure to become successful due to the fear in becoming that bald, loser type. Or that bald type that settles.

Frankly, I have become bitter as there are family members who are older that have no signs of hairloss. Due to my looks as well, I feel like I have a sell by date. So I am feeling the pressure to find a partner whilst I have decent hair.

Thumbs down

To add, I wish I could buzz my hair, but again , whenever my hair is very short, I have people tell me 'grow your hair, it doesn't suit your face' - I can't win!

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    To add, I wish I could buzz my hair, but again , whenever my hair is very short, I have people tell me 'grow your hair, it doesn't suit your face' - I can't win!
    Try having a ridiculous head shape and aggressive MPB.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Try having a ridiculous head shape and aggressive MPB.
    We are all in the same boat, MPB has affected me.

For the last F*CKING time will you please STFU with all of your over the top comments!! The only reason hairloss is affecting your life negatively is because you are F*CKING mental!! You have perfect hair!! Stop playing the victim and pretending your life is ruined!!

Here let me do you a favor and show you what someone looks like that is truly effected negatively by hairloss.

That's me at age 24 after being duped into a hair transplant of only 800+ grafts that obviously couldn't do anything for me. The only thing I got out of it was a big scar that made it impossible for me to shave down. So I got to walk around like this for the last 6 years.

You come on to this forum with a perfect head of hair and freak out because you think you can't spike your hair up anymore. Awww boo hoo! Grow up and stop being so damn shallow and superficial!! You are the biggest tool on this forum!!

Quote Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    For the last F*CKING time will you please STFU with all of your over the top comments!! The only reason hairloss is affecting your life negatively is because you are F*CKING mental!! You have perfect hair!! Stop playing the victim and pretending your life is ruined!!

Here let me do you a favor and show you what someone looks like that is truly effected negatively by hairloss.

That's me at age 24 after being duped into a hair transplant of only 800+ grafts that obviously couldn't do anything for me. The only thing I got out of it was a big scar that made it impossible for me to shave down. So I got to walk around like this for the last 6 years.

You come on to this forum with a perfect head of hair and freak out because you think you can't spike your hair up anymore. Awww boo hoo! Grow up and stop being so damn shallow and superficial!! You are the biggest tool on this forum!!
    Sorry to see that.

But frankly, there is no point having amazing hair if it doesnt look good!

Quote Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post

Hey bud. To spin the positive in your situation, can we not shake a whole pile of derm match or kaboki on your head ?

You have a full hairline but its diffuse thin. What happened (if) you tried that method?