Shave Your Head, Get a Tan, and Get Your A** to the Gym

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clandestine
    • Aug 2011

Eh, youngsufferer makes a good point on the previous page. Other people's hair situation has little (read: nothing) to do with yours. Focus on ameliorating your own situation; it's literally useless to speculate on other's.

Comment

• gmonasco
      Inactive
      • Apr 2010

Originally posted by mlao
      I'm just saying he adopted a healthy lifestyle. That and some cosmetic surgery which he's admitted to probably contributes to his youthful appearance.
      But none of which contributes to the state of his hair.

Comment

• mlao
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by gmonasco
        But none of which contributes to the state of his hair.
        I never said that, but if it makes you feel good you can continue to be contrary. The only reason I posted in this thread was to correct the notion that he's a "drug addict" or that he wears a hair piece. Plus I never said that a healthy lifestyle was a preventative cure for hair loss.
        WHATEVER.

Comment

• baldozer
          • Oct 2012

Originally posted by VictimOfDHT
          The simple and undisputed truth is that NOTHING, NOTHING can or will take the place of your hair. I don't care if you have the body of Lou Ferrigno and have the wealth of Gates, you still KNOW deep inside that you look like an ugly freak with no hair and most people (men and women alike) will look at you differently when you're bald. Now, if you are lucky enough not to care about that, then you're one lucky guy.

"Things are often only as hard as one makes them out to be". Yeah, I think the key word here is OFTEN, but NOT ALWAYS. And I think when it comes to hair loss, it definitely isn't one of the those things. Hair loss is without a doubt one of the most devastating things that can happen to you and that will affect every aspect of your life. The average person (with hair) always makes sure they look their best when they go out to deal with the world. People (women and men) spend a few hours every week styling their hair and making sure it looks perfect, and these ARE PEOPLE WITH HAIR, but they still want to make sure it looks good and most wouldn't leave their homes if their hair isn't done so people won't make funny comments on their hair. So, imagine how bald people feel about their freaky looking heads and how that makes them look.
          I am bald but I don't look like an ugly freak and many bald men look good. Just because you look like an ugly freak bald does not mean every man is like this.

Comment

• Exodus
            • Nov 2012

Im buzzing mine down, preparing for the inevitable (and Im 22). The only problem I hate is bright light.

Comment

• BigThinker
              • Oct 2012

Originally posted by baldozer
              I am bald but I don't look like an ugly freak and many bald men look good. Just because you look like an ugly freak bald does not mean every man is like this.
              True story. That's the biggest problem on this website: handful of shitty, ugly people that either 1.) project their negativity onto others, or 2.) give poor or misleading advise because they are NW4+'s. This why I make an active effort to stay up-to-date on this site helping newbies, like I needed when I first joined.

Comment

• Exodus
                • Nov 2012

But its also bringing a sense of realism. I mean I definitely got really depressed about it, but people like yourself, Clandestine, Breakingbald and Kayman helped.

People wanna keep their hair and I really do too, just working with what we have.

Comment

• BigThinker
                  • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Exodus
                  But its also bringing a sense of realism. I mean I definitely got really depressed about it, but people like yourself, Clandestine, Breakingbald and Kayman helped.

People wanna keep their hair and I really do too, just working with what we have.
                  Yeah, I guess, but pessimism and realism aren't synonymous - there's some overlap though, I suppose. It's one thing to be objective and not sugar-coat shit for others, and it's another to insinuate there is no life after NW3 or to convolute otherwise helpful advise from not-shitty forum members.

There's not a damn thing wrong with wanting to keep your hair. And while I personally wouldn't toppik, toupee, or get a HT, I certainly don't look down on the men who choose to.

Comment

• Exodus
                    • Nov 2012

Originally posted by BigThinker
                    Yeah, I guess, but pessimism and realism aren't synonymous - there's some overlap though, I suppose. It's one thing to be objective and not sugar-coat shit for others, and it's another to insinuate there is no life after NW3 or to convolute otherwise helpful advise from not-shitty forum members.

There's not a damn thing wrong with wanting to keep your hair. And while I personally wouldn't toppik, toupee, or get a HT, I certainly don't look down on the men who choose to.
                    There definitely is a an overlap and I've experienced a change in both in the past week!

Comment

• baldy1990
                      • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Scorpion
                      I'm just saying you guys should realize how important it is to live with hair and do whatever is in your power to get your hair back. It's not impossible!
                      it's almost impossible,hair trasplants are expensive and you must do more than once,so even if you have money what happens if you run out of money in the future,also hair transplants have dangers too,you'll go bald wanted or not unleast you are rich or risk your health

Comment

• baldy1990
                        • Jan 2013

Originally posted by gmonasco
                        Paul McCartney is more than twenty years older than Charlie Sheen, and he's been smoking, drinking, and doing drugs much longer than Charlie Sheen, yet he's still got a good head of hair:

Drugs, drinking, and smoking don't necessarily have any correlation to hair loss.
                        i'll tell you what,.Being the biggest fan of Paul Maccartney in the forum i can tell you how unfair life is.Paul Maccartney has the bald gene,his father was completely bald!His son is bald and he hasnt reach his 40's yet but Paul had all his life beautiful head of hair.And that is to show you how unfair life is,he has a massive talent and his hair while his son and father were bald and not as talented.

Comment

• BigThinker
                          • Oct 2012

Originally posted by baldy1990
                          i'll tell you what,.Being the biggest fan of Paul Maccartney in the forum i can tell you how unfair life is.Paul Maccartney has the bald gene,his father was completely bald!His son is bald and he hasnt reach his 40's yet but Paul had all his life beautiful head of hair.And that is to show you how unfair life is,he has a massive talent and his hair while his son and father were bald and not as talented.
                          That's genes, man. Look at the dudes from Pawnstars: grandpa hair, dad bald, son hair.

Comment

• baldy1990
                            • Jan 2013

That's genes, man. Look at the dudes from Pawnstars: grandpa hair, dad bald, son hair.
                            haha imagine me seeing my 70 old year dad with full head of hear while me balding

Comment

• BigThinker
                              • Oct 2012

Originally posted by baldy1990
                              haha imagine me seeing my 70 old year dad with full head of hear while me balding
                              For me, I was just so rooted in the old wives tale "you get your hair from your maternal grandfather" that I never thought I'd go bald, let alone do research about the actual genetics and symptoms of hair loss.

As you would probably imagine, I was beyond startled when I noticed my hair thinning. This prompted me to see two different doctors, spend $300, worry away ~6 months of my life, and temporarily hindered my zest for life. Took me a while to get most of the way over it and force myself to get into weight lifting, eating right, and going out partying every reasonable opportunity.

Comment

• baldy1990
                                • Jan 2013

For me, I was just so rooted in the old wives tale "you get your hair from your maternal grandfather" that I never thought I'd go bald, let alone do research about the actual genetics and symptoms of hair loss.

As you would probably imagine, I was beyond startled when I noticed my hair thinning. This prompted me to see two different doctors, spend $300, worry away ~6 months of my life, and temporarily hindered my zest for life. Took me a while to get most of the way over it and force myself to get into weight lifting, eating right, and going out partying every reasonable opportunity.
                                my maternal grandfather had full head of hair but one of his son was bald the other was not.Imagine that if the bald one didnt exist i would think i'll never end up very bald.Genes are unpredictable.It's good for you that you have found a way to fight it.I'm not into this gym thing,i always liked the boyish look

Comment

Working...