Retrograde Alopecia means definite baldness? - Page 2 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by ryan555 View Post
    There is a user on this forum who claims their sex drive is shot from using an herbal shampoo. There are others who have taken "natural" treatments known to do absolutely nothing who claim they became impotent on them. Every time finasteride is studied, the scientists are never, ever able to reproduce the kinds of complaints found everywhere on the Internet. One double blind, independent study of low dose fin actually showed higher side effect reports from a placebo than from the actual drug. This hysteria needs to stop.
    lol I think I read that thread actually about her herbal shampoo. That was ridiculous.

What do you define as hysteria though (because there are in fact users of Fin that have not been so lucky with it when it comes to side effects)? Also, is Fin effective on the sides of the head/temple area or is it just meant for the crown and top of the scalp? If Fin were to stop my hair loss on the sides then I would seriously consider taking it and see how I react to the drug.

Quote Originally Posted by cichlidfort View Post
    lol I think I read that thread actually about her herbal shampoo. That was ridiculous.

What do you define as hysteria though (because there are in fact users of Fin that have not been so lucky with it when it comes to side effects)? Also, is Fin effective on the sides of the head/temple area or is it just meant for the crown and top of the scalp? If Fin were to stop my hair loss on the sides then I would seriously consider taking it and see how I react to the drug.
    By "hysteria" I mean that a majority of guys on these forums seem to be terrified of the drug and there are lots of them going bald unnecessarily as a result. There are potential deadly side effects of many drugs that don't get a fraction of the fear that fin gets. It's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan555 View Post
    By "hysteria" I mean that a majority of guys on these forums seem to be terrified of the drug and there are lots of them going bald unnecessarily as a result. There are potential deadly side effects of many drugs that don't get a fraction of the fear that fin gets. It's ridiculous.
    I understand where you are coming from. My plan would be, take Fin, ride it out until something good hits the market for hair loss. Is that pretty much what everyone's game plan is too?

When people start taking fin, they're told to take baseline pics of their hair. Now I think we need to start telling people to take baseline pics of their penis.

the same thing is happening to me, except i'm 16 years old. It's been really stressful.Is there anything that i can do about my situation