+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
    Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    Looks like another drug potentially approaches approval, Bim just finished it's data collection and will be(im assuming) releasing it's final results in January according to this trial information:

http://clinicaltrials.gov/show/NCT01904721

Now i've heard mixed things with this drug, i've seen people use the weaker solution with fairly decent results, however Allergan may not release it if it's not much better than minoxidil, but personally I would love another option!

So anyone have more info on this stuff or hear anything related to the trial?
    Alternate treatments are good. Use Rogaine foam part of the time and bimatoprost occasionally. I've heard that bimatoprost could be effective in adding some color to hypopigmented scars. Repair patients who have had leg hair transplanted to their scalp could benefit from the greater hair length.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    I'd love to hear that there's an actual legitimate source for that information as well. I wonder what the point of not revealing it would be...
    Because if the results of the phase IIb dose escalating study are far superior to minoxidil, this product would be pushed to market ASAP. Your quote is old and based on older information. Just wait until January, many things will come to light. I'm done going back and forth with you about nothing.

Is there an exact date established for when we will get the results of phase II?

Prostaglandin F2a (PGF2a) induces cyclin D1 expression and DNA synthesis in Swiss 3T3 cells. In order to assess which signaling mechanisms are implicated in these processes, we have used both a pharmacological approach and interfering mutants. We demonstrate that PGF2a induces extracellular-signal-regulated kinase (ERK1-2) and p38MAPK activation, and inhibition of any of these signaling pathways completely blocks PGF2a-stimulated DNA synthesis. We also show that ERK1-2, but not p38MAPK activation is required to induce cyclin D1 expression, strongly suggesting that the concerted action of cyclin D1 gene expression and other events are required to induce complete phosphorylation of retinoblastoma protein and S-phase entry in response to PGF2a.
    This is in relation to the latest consensus about the pathways implicated in AGA pretty could be pretty good news. If this would theoretically act through these pathways on dermal papilla cells, it could mean antagonism of the p16ink4a pathway by agonism of cyclin D1. 3T3 cells are fibroblast cell lines.

I Find a document. It deals with a complaint for Patent Infringement : Duke University and Allergan Vs Atopex. Here : http://patentdocs.typepad.com/files/duke-v-apotex.pdf

"The Patent in suit :
    On December 9, 2014, the ’962 patent, entitled “Compositions and Methods for Treating Hair Loss Using Non-Naturally Occurring Prostaglandins,” issued to Duke University.
    A copy of the ’962 patent is attached to this Complaint as Exhibit A. "

If this turns out to work well, it could prove a lot with regards to prostaglandins and hair loss. Very exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by noisette View Post
    I Find a document. It deals with a complaint for Patent Infringement : Duke University and Allergan Vs Atopex. Here : http://patentdocs.typepad.com/files/duke-v-apotex.pdf

"The Patent in suit :
    On December 9, 2014, the ’962 patent, entitled “Compositions and Methods for Treating Hair Loss Using Non-Naturally Occurring Prostaglandins,” issued to Duke University.
    A copy of the ’962 patent is attached to this Complaint as Exhibit A. "
    Allergan is suing them for patent infringment?

sounds interesting, maybe they really think theyre on to something with BIM here at a higher dose.

Quote Originally Posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready View Post
    Because if the results of the phase IIb dose escalating study are far superior to minoxidil, this product would be pushed to market ASAP. Your quote is old and based on older information. Just wait until January, many things will come to light. I'm done going back and forth with you about nothing.
    I kew you'd say it was old. That estimate was based on their best case scenario of if they were able to move forward directly after the original Phase II, so you can add the same time period in that estimate to the completion date of this Phase II, so if anything it would be later. I look forward to your lack of response about "nothing" (and I thought we were talking about a release date and the evidence or lack of evidence that exists to support your claim). But then again, perhaps your strong desire for it to be released soon will somehow exert pressure into the universe that then speeds the process along and results in a package being delivered to your doorstep next Tuesday that contains fully developed Bimatoprost for Hair.

Wouldn't it be cool if BIM in higher doses turned out to be so powerful that you wouldn't even need to take anti-DHT drugs with it?