+ Reply to Thread

Default Gemma Clinic stem cell treatment for harloss

"I don't want to take hair loss pills for the rest of my life".The first 100% stem cell hair injection.

made from hair roots, hair follicles, and blood Hair growth when injected with a treatment solution Validation of efficacy at Hanyang University Medical School Last year, a patent for a treatment was also filed.
    ㅇ사진 확대
    [Photo source = Pixabay]
    "After nearly 20 years of committing to treating hair loss, I felt problematic that hair transplantation was only a one-off and that I had to take medicine for the rest of my life. We have succeeded in overcoming the two limitations with pure stem cell therapy that can self-proliferate."

Park Kyung-won, director of the Gemma Hair Transplant Center, who has been conducting clinical research in the field of hair loss for the past 18 years, recently revealed the efficacy of hair root stem cell treatment in an interview with the Maeil Business Newspaper. "The larynx has relatively more hair than other areas and is immune to the 'DHT hormone' that attacks hair follicles," he said. "We have succeeded in commercializing non-surgical treatment in Korea that injects hair root stem cells collected from the larynx into the hair loss area for the first time." He added, "With only one procedure, it is possible to activate resting hair follicles and make existing hair thicker."

The biggest feature of stem cell therapy selected by Director Park is that it minimizes side effects. He said, "Because the patient uses his own hair roots and hair follicles directly, side effects of drugs that occur depending on the constitution can be reduced." Another advantage is that you can return to your daily life on the same day with a short procedure and recovery period.

The treatment is relatively simple. After collecting a small amount of hair roots and hair follicles from the occipital part of a patient under local anesthesia, a 5cc activated blood treatment solution (PRP) is made along with the patient's blood. You can inject it directly into the hair loss area. Based on 3000 hair transplantation, it takes 2 hours to treat hair stem cells. Stem cells proliferate on their own, so you only need to collect 100 to 200 hairs to plant 3000 hairs. In October last year, Director Park completed a patent application for "a method for promoting transplantation and growth after transplantation using hair stem cells."

Only a year or two ago, stem cell therapy was a method of grinding a patient's hair, hair roots, and hair follicles at once into a liquid and injecting them. The hair growth effect was very insignificant, containing more various by-products than pure stem cells. Park joined hands with Cryo Center, an Indian basic science research company, to increase the purity of stem cells. Since then, it has purchased ownership of the "stem cell extraction kit" developed by Cryo Center last year. A kit consisting of five reagents makes only high-purity stem cells finally remain when hair follicles are placed in turn in each reagent.

The efficacy of the kit was verified at Hanyang University Medical School. Kang Joo-seop, a professor of pharmacology at Hanyang University, said, "Tissue staining tests such as 'H&E' and 'IHC' were conducted on stem cell fluids extracted by kits, and a large amount of Sox-10 (embedded stem cell-specific expression antibodies) were found," adding, "We confirmed that the commonly used stem cell injection contained less than 1% of actual stem cells, while the PRP made of kits contained a large amount of stem cells."

Director Park's injection of hair stem cells has now been administered to about 40 patients. "We will look at the patients' conditions and see if it is better to administer additional injections and what the expected effect is," he said. "At this point, patients' satisfaction is very high." Recently, we are considering ways to help patients with burns or vitiligo, he said. "The next goal is to build a specialized medical center that researches and deals with everything about hair based on autologous hair stem cell therapy."

https://www.mk.co.kr/en/it/10936429

http://www.gemmahair.com/

This looks pretty exciting, bit confused about where the stem cells are taken from, the larynx contains hair?
    Am i missing something, or is it a bad translation?
    Either way, ive always believed stem cells would be a future treatment, surprised we haven't seen something sooner.
    CRISPR should also be a promising treatment, but I expect most research into gene therapy is all going into things such as cancer treatments and other diseases.