+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    I think at this point, we can safely assume cell-based therapies for AGA will not be widely available to most people till 2020. Even Shiseido's RCH-01 if released by 2018 with no more delays will have a very limited roll-out and will require multiple trips to Japan for one or more sessions. This makes it extremely expensive for those looking at the medical tourism option especially people in Europe & US.

On a more positive note though, the DP conundrum may be solved before the end of this year by Aaron Gartner or Lauster. We just can't lose hope. And if they do crack it, expect it to be on the market within 5-6 yrs And that is the FULL CURE. A single session and you can permanently rock that mohawk :P
    somewhere i've read that dr. gardner left the hair research field =(

Quote Originally Posted by joachim View Post
    Probably. Why would he bother with hair loss when he's got a full head of hair? He should be out enjoying a fullhead life.

Quote Originally Posted by joachim View Post
    Yeah - it looks like he's working on cancer now: https://uk.linkedin.com/in/aarongardnerlinkedin

Hopefully there's another smart post-doc that's taken his place in the Jahoda lab.

Quote Originally Posted by xyz123 View Post
    Yeah - it looks like he's working on cancer now: https://uk.linkedin.com/in/aarongardnerlinkedin

Hopefully there's another smart post-doc that's taken his place in the Jahoda lab.
    That is why it is difficult to find a cure for baldness. A very few researches are going on for hairloss comparing to other diseases. It is not difficult to beat hairloss and cure balding becaus hair follicle has a simple structure comparing to the rest of the body tissues.

the Stratagraft is the 3D skin tissue currently use in the army trial for burned soldiers we were talking

Stratatech Gets $247M from BARDA to Develop Skin Tissue for Thermal Burns

http://www.genengnews.com/gen-news-h...urns/81251823/

Stratatech has received a contract of up to $247 million from the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA), part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response.

The contract is for the development of StrataGraft® skin tissue, the company’s skin replacement product, as a medical countermeasure to treat patients with severe thermal burns.

Clinical studies will enable Stratatech to file a BLA with the Food and Drug Administration for the commercial marketing of StrataGraft tissue, and confirm efficacy in all key patient populations."

Does there new skin include hair?

Quote Originally Posted by lacazette View Post
    the Stratagraft is the 3D skin tissue currently use in the army trial for burned soldiers we were talking

Stratatech Gets $247M from BARDA to Develop Skin Tissue for Thermal Burns

http://www.genengnews.com/gen-news-h...urns/81251823/

Stratatech has received a contract of up to $247 million from the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA), part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response.

The contract is for the development of StrataGraft® skin tissue, the company’s skin replacement product, as a medical countermeasure to treat patients with severe thermal burns.

Clinical studies will enable Stratatech to file a BLA with the Food and Drug Administration for the commercial marketing of StrataGraft tissue, and confirm efficacy in all key patient populations."
    247 million dollars.... wow...

I've been touting this discovery for years: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc3fPeNZooA. Where they already grew skin in a burn victim. I was interested because I thought a similar method could perhaps be used to regrow hair. I am very skeptical about the research, medical, and pharmaceutical industry, and I wonder if they keep "researching" diseases and conditions to keep plenty of people employed and generate huge profits rather than find a cure to anything. I've heard Bernie Sanders echo similar sentiments on the campaign trail. He too is skeptical and wants evidence that all of this "research money" is actually put towards finding cures.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    I've been touting this discovery for years: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc3fPeNZooA. Where they already grew skin in a burn victim. I was interested because I thought a similar method could perhaps be used to regrow hair. I am very skeptical about the research, medical, and pharmaceutical industry, and I wonder if they keep "researching" diseases and conditions to keep plenty of people employed and generate huge profits rather than find a cure to anything. I've heard Bernie Sanders echo similar sentiments on the campaign trail. He too is skeptical and wants evidence that all of this "research money" is actually put towards finding cures.
    Don't you think a team that was responsible for essentially curing something as serious as hair loss would be employed for awhile? You're talking about a multi-billion dollar industry, and the company that discovered it could likely survive on that treatment alone.

I think it's less conspiracy and more that administrative costs are so high, so only a relatively small % of funding actually gets to researchers. There are companies that misuse funds, but it's catching up with more and more of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemo View Post
    Don't you think a team that was responsible for essentially curing something as serious as hair loss would be employed for awhile? You're talking about a multi-billion dollar industry, and the company that discovered it could likely survive on that treatment alone.

I think it's less conspiracy and more that administrative costs are so high, so only a relatively small % of funding actually gets to researchers. There are companies that misuse funds, but it's catching up with more and more of them.
    You have some points with regards to hair loss. But the main thing that I believe it is in the financial self-interest of the vast majority of the hair restoration industry to maintain the status quo. This is evidenced by their extreme lack of effort to pursue any new and more mainstream treatment.

But I believe that my point in my previous point does in fact hold true for other areas of the medical and pharmaceutical industry. Since that industry is profit-driven, they can make so much more money creating continual treatments rather than cures. I mean, I think of how many once-a-day pills that big pharma has produced (they saturate TV with their ads) and how few (if any) cures they have produced, and their motives become very clear to me.