+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
    When Spencer interviewed Dr. Gho last year, Dr. Gho stated that he had a waiting list of "open-minded doctors" who were lining up to learn his technique from him. Where are those doctors?
    I honestly don't know, I think this is why we need Spencer again. Can you please answer my question above?

a) Your dollar figures aren't realistic. Not every hair transplant doctor in the world is already making $200,000 per year, learning the HST technique wouldn't require an HT doctor to entirely forego his practice for a solid year, etc.

b) If HST were truly the superior treatment it's claimed to be, then the return would be well worth the investment, and yet nobody's investing.

you have a calculator avatar but you don't seem so great at math... arithmetic or algebra

A surgeon who charges $4 a graft and does two 1,500 graft surgeries per week does 104 surgeries a year and brings in $624,000 dollars in revenue... minus rent for the year and 4 ($80k) technician salaries and he still has way more than $300,000 dollars left over... so the numbers aren't that far off. There are many surgeons doing more than 1,500 graft surgeries at more than two per week and they are charging more than $4 a graft... do the math ($300,000k+++)... thusly why the average is $200,000 to $300,000... $300,000 IS NOT THE MOST

the cost of switching to HST is more than $50k... and with a profit margin like the one I explained above, why bother with HST? ignoring it is much more profitable (and less stressful).

This is the same situation as FUE and the same situation as THE RADIO

RCA had a TV ready to go in the 1930s... however they were still selling radios at a record pace so.... what'd they do? They kept selling radios and waited until the 1940s to release TVs.
    (did TVs not work? would it not have been profitable to sell TVs? were they not sold because they were proven?)

this is how the world works... sorry you guys aren't seeing the connections here. Many things can hinder technological progress, one of which is current profitability.

let me know where I'm wrong

and also let me know when Spencer will start to advocate for us instead of his social-media-HT-surgeon website. If you guys think the chicken advertiser is going to all the sudden admit beef is better..... don't hold your breath

Question: if new technologies make so much business sense then why are current HT doctors doing what they do instead of researching full time? hmmmm

a) Your dollar figures aren't realistic. Not every hair transplant doctor in the world is already making $200,000 per year, learning the HST technique wouldn't require an HT doctor to entirely forego his practice for a solid year, etc.

Average Salary
    The average salary of transplant surgeons varies by location. According to Salary Expert's survey of transplant surgeons' salaries in 10 major U.S. cities, average salaries ranged from as low as $219,254 per year in Houston to as high as $468,144 per year in Dallas. Those working in other major cities such as New York and Los Angeles made salaries of $396,951 and $435,741, respectively. The Bureau of Labor Statistics indicates that the average salary of all surgeons was considerably less at $225,390 per year.

Read more: The Salary of Hair Transplant Surgeons | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/info_8733011_sal...#ixzz1tSebp7jB

So there is quite a bit of money at stake here.... similar to FUE... and the radio... but what do I know

Gho and his clinic are honestly too shady for my liking. With his history I doubt I could ever just "forget the past" and pay him for any kind of hair restoration procedure.

I'd love to see this regeneration breakthrough happen, but I'm not convinced from what I've seen so far, and the fact that it's Gho makes it all the more suspect. Sorry guys.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    but I'm not convinced from what I've seen so far, and the fact that it's Gho makes it all the more suspect. Sorry guys.
    True, we've only seen obvious examples of regrowth from GC and a peer reviewed journal...

I think it would cost more than 50k, but probably not the sums your talking.

Gho would visit the new practise as he said, so it would take no time to learn. Plus it could be offered alongside FUE, but HST would be marketed as superior but also more expensive vs the cheaper no donor regrowth.

There are people who simply don't care about donor regrowth, so the cheaper FUE would still be available.

On a side note, I don't know why I can't get an answer to my relatively straight forward questions, posted earlier!

I appreciate gc's efforts but they don't convince me that I can go to Europe right now and get a quality HT while regenerating most of my donor. Based on what I've seen so far I definitely wouldn't pay money for it.
    I understand why others are more optimistic but I can't share in their positivity (yet).

I freely admit that part of my suspicion is due to the source. Gho has burned this community before and I now approach his marketing and claims with extra skepticism, the same way I approach Gary Hitzig and ACELL for example. (A history of bad results, especially disfigurement, is THE biggest red flag for me in this industry--not just when it comes to skill but also ethics.)

I could be wrong and would prefer if I was. I wish good luck to anyone who tries the procedure.

Gho and his clinic are honestly too shady for my liking.
    What's Gho's history?

I freely admit that part of my suspicion is due to the source. Gho has burned this community before and I now approach his marketing and claims with extra skepticism
    But shouldn't this be more of a reason to support this initiative? If you truly believe that Dr. Gho is deceiving people, then something like this is the perfect opportunity to expose that.

That's why I don't understand why anybody would be against this. The only ones who should oppose this are those who don't want the truth about this procedure to come out.

All Spencer has to do is get in contact with Gho and/or one of his patients. Get a 3rd party to examine the percentage of donor regeneration and recipient yield, and the debate on HST is over.

Does Spencer get involved with this stuff?

I mean I don't really know what he does on a day to day basis?