+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    5'11, 168 pounds. Haven't had body fat tested in 5 year, but it was single digit.
    Huh.

Gonna be honest. Picture is poor to judge anything.

For being ~5lbs more then me and ~3 inches taller I would expect a more chiseled look - but again the picture is kind of bad quality to judge anything like that.

And If you jumped 9 pounds in little over one month then wow, you WERE a thin bastard. That 9 pounds is probably 8 pounds fat, 1 pound muscle, maybe 7/2 if you've been hitting the heavy weight hard. With a 5'11 frame you've got a lot to fill out to not border on looking like a concentration camp guy after a couple months. You'll look 'bigger' just by virtue of getting to a more correct weight.

I went from 153 to 163 in about 4 months time and have stalled, but its a diet thing.

-------------------

Agree on the Health and Fitness forum - I wouldn't want to say Bodybuilding/Weightlifting to the exclusion of people who might want to talk about other health stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Aames View Post
    Damn. Sick view you have there.
    Yeah, man. Got a pretty rad condo. A little pricy, but I'm finally starting to get paid.

Quote Originally Posted by NotBelievingIt View Post
    Huh.

Gonna be honest. Picture is poor to judge anything.

For being ~5lbs more then me and ~3 inches taller I would expect a more chiseled look - but again the picture is kind of bad quality to judge anything like that.

And If you jumped 9 pounds in little over one month then wow, you WERE a thin bastard. That 9 pounds is probably 8 pounds fat, 1 pound muscle, maybe 7/2 if you've been hitting the heavy weight hard. With a 5'11 frame you've got a lot to fill out to not border on looking like a concentration camp guy after a couple months. You'll look 'bigger' just by virtue of getting to a more correct weight.

I went from 153 to 163 in about 4 months time and have stalled, but its a diet thing.

-------------------

Agree on the Health and Fitness forum - I wouldn't want to say Bodybuilding/Weightlifting to the exclusion of people who might want to talk about other health stuff.
    I appreciate the honestly. I prefer that over sugar-coated responses any day.

While healthy, I still have always had the hardest time gaining and maintaining weight (except for recently). I've been basically the same weight since probably 15 years old, and I'm 25 now. Both my parents were really thin. My mom still is, and my dad's metabolism slowed down at around age 27 (same age he went bald, coincidentally) and he went from concentration-camp Norwegian kid to bald, jacked dude in like a year. Hopefully I get more of the jacked, and less of the bald.

As for diet, I'm consuming a lot more calories. I'm that guy who opts for whole milk, keeps hard-boiled eggs in my backpack waiting for a shred of hunger to develop, etc, etc.

A well-being sub-forum would be great. A lot of the dudes here are well-versed on weight lifting as a means to boost physical appearance. Sites like bodybuilding.com are full of pretentious douche bags. I remember I landed there because a guy was asking a question about balding and everyone basically just made fun of him, or said finasteride was the worst thing ever from "what they'd heard."

Yeah back in the panic days of hairloss I was googling all sorts and bodybuilding forums seemed to have quite a discussion on it (Srs). Lots of the guys loved to post photos of themselves (no homo) and use all sorts of odd lingo...

But even the whole concept of exercise, losing fat, muscle, does help, especially combined with the big three, if anything, one should consider it as part of a new big 4...

I think a sub forum for health and bodybuilding is a great idea. We should suggest it in the Men's Hair Loss Start Your Own Topic section. That's how we got the Coping subforum implemented in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Yeah back in the panic days of hairloss I was googling all sorts and bodybuilding forums seemed to have quite a discussion on it (Srs). Lots of the guys loved to post photos of themselves (no homo) and use all sorts of odd lingo...

But even the whole concept of exercise, losing fat, muscle, does help, especially combined with the big three, if anything, one should consider it as part of a new big 4...
    Yeah, the dudes on bodybuilding.com use dated internet lingo and memes. I have no beef with taking pictures of yourself, especially if you are working hard to earn that body. It's when you get in pissing contests and try to put others down that it becomes evident that that person is a total douche compensating for inadequacies in most likely every other facet of life.

That's why I actually embrace this site. This is the only forum I've ever been this involved and interested in. A lot of the guys here are humble, but interested in bettering themselves. It really feels like an environment where I can help and be helped (barring the trolls of course).

Who do we message about getting a health sub-forum? tbtadmin? Winston?

Probably both Winston and tbtadmin. We could also create a thread to garner attention.

ITV weather guy.