+ Reply to Thread

Thumbs up I am I even meant to be hair?

I don't know if this is the right section to ask this, but as you may have guessed I wish to know if I am balding (have MPB) like my uncle and grandfather on my mothers side or just have thin hair like my dad where you can see the scalp and side of my head under my hair when you comb of pull in to the sides. I also have a crown that is visible.

If i do have MPB is Alpacin shampoo, which I already use and find it hardens my hair, any good or do I need Reginae, prociea or what ever?

thanks

Pls share pics and in my opinion u need rogaine an propecia but we need to see pics first!!!!
    Good luck

There's definitely receding of temples from the front. As for the crown it could be you have a slightly bigger cowlick, hence it's showing up as a bald spot. I could be wrong.

Best way is to check the hair around the crown, see if there's any miniaturizing, feel or pull some hair out (not too much) and see if it's smaller, lighter than the rest of the head (especially the sides) this is the only sure way of knowing if it's being destroyed/miniaturized by DHT. Or you could call it MPB

Default top vs side

http://imgur.com/SnKc67H
    http://imgur.com/s42WUuh
    http://imgur.com/Czj1MHN

The one on the left (far apart from the other three) is from the top and feels simmilar to the next one which is from the top end of the side.....but the last two on the right (short ones) are near where ny beard starts and feel thicker

It looks like perhaps your hair is starting to miniaturize, but since visibly not much difference you still have some years of good hair left. (hopefully) and from the earlier pics it jus looks like temples are receding, but that can be managed with good styling as for your hair you could look into some natural oils to thicken out your hair for now. Jojoba, olive oil and maybe even using a good shampoo (nizoral)

So what age (Iam 19) will I know with more confiance i may have mpb and will regaine or what ever regrow hair will iam on it (fall when I stop) and thanks for the oil advice

Since you're just 19 my advice would be to stay away from minoxidil cause its a life long commitment and some people claim it loses its effectiveness over the time, so you could use it maybe in 1 more year or Down the road.

And MPB has no age at which I will strike, you just gotta keep an eye out, watch out for how many hair falls our per day, any extra miniaturizing etc..

Also would be useful to hear what some other members say, cause I'm relatively new. Maybe someone who's more senior and with more experience would chime in, and give you better options

Will do...thanks anyway

Rogaine works as long as you use it, once you stop it goes back to baseline pretty fast. And some claim it even further deteriorates it faster once you stop.
    All in all, it's a life long commitment