Name:	878EB360-E9A5-444B-AE35-62B44E5943A0.jpg

Size:	7.0 KB
ID:	56538   Click image for larger version

Name:	6FAF7673-33EC-46AE-90E9-72669596653C.jpg

Size:	6.6 KB
ID:	56539  

Quote Originally Posted by wowbaldingat18 View Post
    is it even worth to keep living with my hair loss
    are you on any meds? Propecia is really all thats out there, I would give it a try before its to late.

You are still fine but if I was you I would get on propecia, rogaine, and nizoral yesterday .. At your age you will probably get your temples back somewhat

been on it for a month.. my temples are slick bald still

been on it for a month.. my temples are slick bald still
    first a month is way to early to make any judgements. You really need to give it a year. But from what I have seen and read for most guys who are balding early propecia is not going to grow any hair and likely won't completely stop the loss but what it will likely do is slow the loss down. This makes sense because propecia isn't blocking all the dht just %60 so the hair that is most easily lost will benefit the least from it. So what the OP would have looked like at 20 he may look like at 25. Might not sound like a lot but it will make a big difference if it works for him.

Quote Originally Posted by pajason View Post
    first a month is way to early to make any judgements. You really need to give it a year. But from what I have seen and read for most guys who are balding early propecia is not going to grow any hair and likely won't completely stop the loss but what it will likely do is slow the loss down. This makes sense because propecia isn't blocking all the dht just %60 so the hair that is most easily lost will benefit the least from it. So what the OP would have looked like at 20 he may look like at 25. Might not sound like a lot but it will make a big difference if it works for him.
    would there be any surgical options as of now? my parents are extremely wealthy and i have am set to meet a derm in a few weeks

To young

I have never joined a group like this but your post scared me. First, yes, life is worth living even with hair loss. You're 18 years old and you're terrified. I'm 46 and I've been where you are. When I started loosing my hair there were 2 options, a wig or a hair transplant. Today there is a better option and I don't know why more people don't know about it. It is called hair regeneration and it was created by a brilliant doctor named Amiya Prasad. The rules mention putting up links. I hope I am not violating any rules but this information needs to be out there. https://prasadcosmeticsurgery.com/ha...t-alternative/ Here is the deal. I do not work this man in any way shape or form. The full cost of the procedure is $5000.00. I had my first session on 5/15/15. He injects PRP and most important, A-cell, into your scalp. It took less time than a dentist appointment. I was 43, had been loosing my hair since I was 20, so all I had on my head were thin transplants and what ever propecia and rogain kept alive. You're just starting to lose your hair so it will work even better for you. In 15 months he gives you a booster, this included in the original $5000.00. I have grown almost all of my hair back. The left side of crown is thinner than the rest but it is still growing in. I believe in a few more months that will fill in as well. I saw Dr. Prasad in January and he is thrilled with growth so he wants to wait another year before we do another booster. This booster is also included in the original $5000.00. I do take propecia, use rogain, and also a lasercap. Remember, I had regrow almost all my hair. You are just starting to recede. I would recommend propecia to keep what you have but the A-cell is so powerful that 6 months after your first treatment this will all seem like bad dream. I sent a friend's son to Dr. Prasad and six months later called me in tears to thank me. For him the whole thing was over and he still has a booster shot in 9 months. Please, if your hair loss is really bothering you that much, go see Dr. Prasad. If you want more info from me you can write to me at dsb342@aol.com . My name is Dave.

would there be any surgical options as of now? my parents are extremely wealthy and i have am set to meet a derm in a few weeks
    No reputable DR would do a hair transplant on you at this point. First your only 18 and most want you to be closer to 25. Second your a NW2 and a good DR won't make a 18 year old with moderate loss already a NW1. Basically a good DR is going to give you the hairline you currently have! If they transplant into the currently balding area its likely to cause a decent amount of shock loss and you won't benefit from the transplant(except for the fact you would have permanent hair in the area, you won't end up with more hair)

Honestly the best option is stay on the propecia for one year and determine if it works for you, if not consider shaving it and see how you look

Dr. Prasad's procedure is not surgery. It really is suited to guys who are just starting to lose their hair. The reason no hair transplant doctor will do anything before age 25 is because a hair transplant can't add any new hair to your head, it only moves them, and does nothing to protect the hair you already have. Prasad's hair regeneration is the real thing. It worked on me and that was after being bald for 20+ years. Look into A-cell. A man lost the tip of his finger from right under his top knuckle. Instead of letting it heal,he dipped it into A-cell powder and the man grew his finger back. Bone, skin, nail, everything. You have what is known as a virgin scalp, meaning you've never had a hair transplant. I had transplants done 20 years ago. I was very lucky,a lot of people were butchered back then. I was not, but even with the best hair transplant doctor you can get slight raises in the scalp where the graft is inserted. The A-cell cleared all of my little bumps away. It is actually a healing procedure. It is your hair growing back in. Don't wait. Talk to him. If you're not in New York you can consult with him online.