What hairstyle do you recommend while waiting for FUE hair transplant to grow? - Page 2 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I am going to wait for the 12 months mark to see the final results, I noticed in my post op pics that the bald spot in the crown area looked smaller and the grafts looks like it was inserted further back but 7 months later the bald spot in the crown appears larger. It could be that the grafts haven't all grown out yet or it was an illusion. I know that I had a bald spot in crown and they focused majority of the grafts to the hairline and front, but I am hoping that the bald spot decreases in diameter. I am also taking propecia and don't have the money for another procedure and don't want to risk my donor area from looking thin and patchy. It's hard to say for now. I'm curious let me know if you see what I saw regarding the bald spot in crown, did it look smaller in the post op pics or just my imagination lol.

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiijedi View Post
    I am going to wait for the 12 months mark to see the final results, I noticed in my post op pics that the bald spot in the crown area looked smaller and the grafts looks like it was inserted further back but 7 months later the bald spot in the crown appears larger. It could be that the grafts haven't all grown out yet or it was an illusion. I know that I had a bald spot in crown and they focused majority of the grafts to the hairline and front, but I am hoping that the bald spot decreases in diameter. I am also taking propecia and don't have the money for another procedure and don't want to risk my donor area from looking thin and patchy. It's hard to say for now. I'm curious let me know if you see what I saw regarding the bald spot in crown, did it look smaller in the post op pics or just my imagination lol.
    Hey back, I am new to all of this also. To me, it appears your crown area was not operated on and only the front of your head was. I assume this was their starting point to begin building density. When I started my path towards this I assumed I would go in for one procedure and have a new head of hair after. I realized that there are limitations and part of this is the FUE procedure. I would have liked have had 3000 grafts and more of a hairline and crown but I had confidence in my doctor they did what they could that day without jeopardizing me in any way. I didn't realize this until a post op meeting with my doctor. I do feel I will need another surgery based on my knowledge now.

I totally understand how you feel, I thought I would be one and done but after more research and understanding how FUE procedures work, that rarely is possible without overharvesting your precious donor area. My advice to you is wait to see how your results look after 12 months and then assess your donor area and see if it is viable to have a second procedure to fix the crown. How many months out are you from procedure? Do you have any pics to show where your at?

I totally understand how you feel, I thought I would be one and done but after more research and understanding how FUE procedures work, that rarely is possible without overharvesting your precious donor area. My advice to you is wait to see how your results look after 12 months and then assess your donor area and see if it is viable to have a second procedure to fix the crown. How many months out are you from procedure? Do you have any pics to show where your at?
    Hey pal, long time... how did everything look after 12 months??

What did you ever end up doing with your crown? I'm in the same boat, did a front transplant and have a big bald spot that I need to go back in for.