isn't FUE the best solution until hair cloning or hair multiplication? - Page 2 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    I'm getting really depressed about my hair line. I have diffuse thinning, which is covered with concealer. Am I a candidate for FUE? I just want a normal hair line.
    Do you take fin or dut? Also, if you have a beard then a transplant is always an option.. I've seen posts on here of people go from a Norwood 6 to a Norwood 2 with decent density thanks to their beard hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackito View Post
    Do you take fin or dut? Also, if you have a beard then a transplant is always an option.. I've seen posts on here of people go from a Norwood 6 to a Norwood 2 with decent density thanks to their beard hair.
    Been on fin since 07. No beard.

As much hope as the idea of "the cure being around the corner" sounds. We shouldn't get too excited. Spencer said in 1998 the same thing and it's 2017 and we're not even close I wa born in 02 and my mob has already started

Quote Originally Posted by THECOMEBACKKID12345 View Post
    As much hope as the idea of "the cure being around the corner" sounds. We shouldn't get too excited. Spencer said in 1998 the same thing and it's 2017 and we're not even close I wa born in 02 and my mob has already started
    Yes but do you really believe that nothing new is going to come up within the next 15-20 years? Just hold out for as long as you possibly can and In the end it will pay off.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    Not just hair cloning, but regeneration. With these new discoveries in the last few months, they can cure us with a lotion. I'd stay away from transplants. IMO.
    Which new discoveries do you mean, mate?

Seems like if you hold out for as long as possible you'll miss out on the benefits of what we do have available now. I'd look into which methods currently available have the best track record and consistently have produced quality results.

Ha ha ha ! "new discoveries" !!! If you want to wait for something new to come out that reverses hair loss, you will probably die bald.
    I can't believe people here still believe in this crap (something new is about to come out). We've been hearing the same old crap for the past 30 years and NOTHING is going to change any time soon. I'd say they'll probably be saying the same thing 20 years from now.

Go get an effing HT and get it over with. It's not the perfect solution but it is better than being bald - if you really don't like being bald.

And to the guy who said FUEs don't look good and the patient's hair looks like Barbie hair, ARE YOU KIDDING ? I don't know where the hell you see these guys with hair like Barbie's but most people -at least the ones who get their FUEs done by good doctors- have really good results. It's all around us to see and you don't have to look hard to find them.

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    Ha ha ha ! "new discoveries" !!! If you want to wait for something new to come out that reverses hair loss, you will probably die bald.
    I can't believe people here still believe in this crap (something new is about to come out). We've been hearing the same old crap for the past 30 years and NOTHING is going to change any time soon. I'd say they'll probably be saying the same thing 20 years from now.

Go get an effing HT and get it over with. It's not the perfect solution but it is better than being bald - if you really don't like being bald.

And to the guy who said FUEs don't look good and the patient's hair looks like Barbie hair, ARE YOU KIDDING ? I don't know where the hell you see these guys with hair like Barbie's but most people -at least the ones who get their FUEs done by good doctors- have really good results. It's all around us to see and you don't have to look hard to find them.
    How can you compare 20 years ago to now? The technology we had in 1997 was useless for the methods of treatments that were being attempted. Today, we have every bit of computing, facilitation and robotics required to achieve a result. When you look at how much we've advanced in the past 20 years you can't pin a finger on where we could possibly be in another 20. We could have a cure.. or we could be in the same position we are now.

When you look at how much we've advanced in the past 20 years you can't pin a finger on where we could possibly be in another 20. We could have a cure.. or we could be in the same position we are now.
    We did advance. But how significantly ? 20 years ago everybody was talking about how stem cells would change regenerative medicine and that we'd all be growing hair from a dish in a few years. 20 year later we found that things are much harder than people thought 20 years ago.

But yeah sure, there's progress. But who knows, in 20 years people might still be as bald as they're today. I'm not too optimistic, all this is extremely complicated. 20 years is a long time but if you look at stem cell research, what good did it bring us in 20 years ? We're still SO far from cloning even simple organs like hair in a dish, let alone functioning hearts or lungs.

Yes but do you really believe that nothing new is going to come up within the next 15-20 years? Just hold out for as long as you possibly can and In the end it will pay off.
    "In the end it will pay off"... Really? I think in 20-25 years, when I'm 40-45, I will wish I had a FUE when I was 'back in my 20s', when physical attractiveness is a lot more important.