+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy taking Avodart for a month and loosing more hair then with Propecia

i used Propecia for 12 months, 2nd day on Propecia noticed in the morning less hair falling on the sink and then by 3rd morning almost no hair was on the sink. unlike before Propecia where i used to count more then ten pieces of hair on the sink.

that was the main reason that stayed with Propecia for so long, but after a full year noticed that started loosing more hair and also didnt get any hair back, so decided to take Avodart.

i been on Avodart for more then a month, many people say this is much stronger then Propecia (and i concluded the same from research), but i'm still loosing hair, and not like with Propecia where hair stopped falling in few days.

i dont know if this is common but for something that strong this is shouldn't happen,
    i want to keep going with Avodart but im afraid that this is will get worse.

does anyone experienced the same as me but decided to keep using Avodart and things got batter?

please help as i dont know what to do anymore

Im in the same position as you bro Fin didn't work for me either im now on Dut for 2 months , I would say if you're still worried consider a topical AA like RU58841 that way your fighting this war on two fronts. It could just be a shed though so re-evaluate at six months .

Neither of these two medications will cause the regrowth of hair. They simply maintain your current amount of hair. For this reason, it's always best to begin using these treatments at the first signs of hair loss. If your treatment regimen doesn't already include minoxidil and nizoral, I would recommend adding them to your daily regimen as well. Other treatments that may prove beneficial are the laser cap and dermarolling.

*Aphrodite also posts as rapunzel and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant - 1070 Powers Place Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011.
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite View Post
    Neither of these two medications will cause the regrowth of hair. They simply maintain your current amount of hair. For this reason, it's always best to begin using these treatments at the first signs of hair loss. If your treatment regimen doesn't already include minoxidil and nizoral, I would recommend adding them to your daily regimen as well. Other treatments that may prove beneficial are the laser cap and dermarolling.

*Aphrodite also posts as rapunzel and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant - 1070 Powers Place Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011.
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice.
    what are those two meds will help ?
    Propecia and Avodart?
    if so then what do you think about the FDA trails that concluded that the subjects on Avodart gained 90 hairs in six months

Quote Originally Posted by FFS View Post
    Im in the same position as you bro Fin didn't work for me either im now on Dut for 2 months , I would say if you're still worried consider a topical AA like RU58841 that way your fighting this war on two fronts. It could just be a shed though so re-evaluate at six months .
    i heard of "RU58841" in some YouTube channel,
    any recommendations where to get it online?
    how do you mix it?

You can get it from Anageninc or the Kane shop . Buy the raw powder and mix yourself for best results

Quote Originally Posted by FFS View Post
    You can get it from Anageninc or the Kane shop . Buy the raw powder and mix yourself for best results
    nice thanks
    are you using it
    any results so far

i dont know much about it, have to do some research

Quote Originally Posted by Simon007 View Post
    i used Propecia for 12 months, 2nd day on Propecia noticed in the morning less hair falling on the sink and then by 3rd morning almost no hair was on the sink. unlike before Propecia where i used to count more then ten pieces of hair on the sink.

that was the main reason that stayed with Propecia for so long, but after a full year noticed that started loosing more hair and also didnt get any hair back, so decided to take Avodart.

i been on Avodart for more then a month, many people say this is much stronger then Propecia (and i concluded the same from research), but i'm still loosing hair, and not like with Propecia where hair stopped falling in few days.

i dont know if this is common but for something that strong this is shouldn't happen,
    i want to keep going with Avodart but im afraid that this is will get worse.

does anyone experienced the same as me but decided to keep using Avodart and things got batter?

please help as i dont know what to do anymore
    so guys heres an update after about 3months on Avodart
    i can say that the morning hair loss has dropped by about 90%, yes its not a typo
    now i might count 1-3 pieces on the sink in the morning
    i also lowered the amount of times that wash my hair, i think no matter how good the shampoo for hair lost its a natural process to loss more hair in the shower (mostly due to the water that drys the scalp).
    but i got a new shampoo against hair loss and now looking into RU58841

good luck guys

same thing happend to me.but the shedding u are seeing are those hair that already has died.after the falling out of those hair u will again see stabilization.but as soon as u will again switch to propecia,u will see massive shedding......

I've been on Avodart (GSK) for about 3 months... and 6 months of Finasteride (Generic) and I've started to see my crown thickening up. It didn't do anything for the first month or two, but in the past two weeks it seems that it has really gotten better. I can almost go out without any Caboki if I style my hair a certain way, which would have been impossible before no matter what way I styled it. The front has improved slightly... the hair behind my hairline has been able to grow in. Its possible my temples have improved slightly, but it's hard to say at this point for sure.