Question about Finasteride and Hair loss - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default Question about Finasteride and Hair loss

Hey guys,

So I am 21, and after a year of overly aggressive testosterone replacement therapy (my body has poor signalling affecting my hormone levels) I have experienced some hairline recession, nothing too serious. Aside from this past year I have never experienced hair loss and I generally have very thick hair. My doctor has reduced my testosterone dosage and I have since started taking Finasteride and Minoxidil. Over the last 2-3 months on Finasteride my hair loss has slowed considerably.

My questions:

1. If over the next year the Finasteride halts the hair loss, do I still need to worry about hair loss later down the line or will Finasteride continue to remain effective?
    2. When is it safe to consider a hairline transplant without worrying about chasing my hairline?

Finasteride starts losing its effectiveness over time. I personally would not consider a HT until you are in your 40s.

Quote Originally Posted by mrclean View Post
    Finasteride starts losing its effectiveness over time. I personally would not consider a HT until you are in your 40s.
    Thanks for the reply. How old are you? when did it stop becoming as effective? Did you switch to Dutasteride? Do you use anything else to combat hair loss?

Anybody else care to chime in?

Finasteride is a DHT blocker. It forestalls balding by changing over testosterone into DHT (Dihydrotestosterone). Minoxidil, then again, is a vasodilator.Buy Finasteride Australia that is covered by protection however for prostate expansion. It relies upon your wellbeing plan whether or not you can profit of the medication under health care coverage It works by extending the veins, hence empowering blood stream to the hair follicles to give them more oxygen and supplements for hair development. Finasteride is clinically more successful and has a lesser possibility of aftereffects than Minoxidil.
    Finasteride has a half-existence of around five to six hours in men 18 to 60 years old (and eight hours in men beyond 70 years old), which means it should be taken day by day to be compelling.

When you quit taking finasteride, the portion of the prescription that is dynamic in your body will gradually decrease until it's totally discharged throughout a few days.

At the point when there could be presently not any finasteride in your body, the 5α-Reductase chemical will don't really be impeded, which means your body will by and by begin to change over a little level of testosterone into DHT.

Assuming you're hereditarily inclined to male example hairlessness, this can imply that the DHT will by and by begin to influence your hair follicles, bringing about diminishing of the hair on your scalp, hairline downturn and other male example sparseness impacts.

So, assuming that you quit taking finasteride every day, you'll lose the hair you've acquired in around one year. Finasteride isn't a lifetime fix — all things being equal, it's a treatment that you want to continue to take to keep on halting going bald.