+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Dr. Kaan has nine years total experience in the field, but he was a medical assistant to Dr. Keser up to late 2011 which gave him two years of experience by then, since he started in 2009. Since he went to HLC he only did 500 procedures, which isn't a lot over the course of six or so years. I'm not questioning his abilities, but his stated experience is not extensive.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Quote Originally Posted by JoeTillman View Post
    Dr. Kaan has nine years total experience in the field, but he was a medical assistant to Dr. Keser up to late 2011 which gave him two years of experience by then, since he started in 2009. Since he went to HLC he only did 500 procedures, which isn't a lot over the course of six or so years. I'm not questioning his abilities, but his stated experience is not extensive.
    Hi Joe - I welcome your insights but it seems to me that your standards are way beyond what I would call reasonable, especially when looking for an affordable deal. Now I am the first one to admit that I know almost NOTHING about hair restoration techniques but 500 procedures would advance almost anyone to near expert level. Am I missing anything?

Quote Originally Posted by norwoodthree View Post
    Hi Joe - I welcome your insights but it seems to me that your standards are way beyond what I would call reasonable, especially when looking for an affordable deal. Now I am the first one to admit that I know almost NOTHING about hair restoration techniques but 500 procedures would advance almost anyone to near expert level. Am I missing anything?
    Hi NW3,

I appreciate your comments but I can't say they're beyond reasonable since there are several that currently meet my standards, but I get what you're saying.

I'll clarify, however, as my standards are pretty simple. Be a part of the IAHRS. Do solid work, have a strong track record, don't bullshit patients, don't give unreasonable guarantees, make sure you communicate well, both before and after surgery with your patients, understand the details that make a result natural, don't use gimmicks, follow proper medical protocols, don't take shortcuts, tell patients the downsides not just the upsides to surgery, don't depend on illegal shit just to keep your doors open, and just treat people right. This is what I look for in doctors that want to work with me as they have to be doctors I'd legitimately consider for my own needs. I really don't think that is unreasonable.

Your question about the number of cases is fair, but keep in mind that the MINIMUM requirement for IAHRS membership is 500 cases (among other things) and it's taken this doctor five years to get there. Now, part of this has to do with, I imagine, taking two or three days to complete one patient case, and that makes sense in today's FUE world, but 500 cases just isn't a lot in the grand scheme of things. I'm not saying it's bad, but it isn't really expert level, in my opinion. I'm sure he's fine for straight forward cases, but it takes more experience to have an understanding that allows one to deal with surprises, or to take on trickier cases.
    Joe Tillman

Please, watch.

Joe Tillman

GREAT VID, Joe - what camera did you use if I may ask? I'm just getting set up with a DSLR to produce some (non hair related) videos. Audio also sounding full - condenser?

Anyway, awesome information and definitely much to think about. There is no way I want a hairline like the one you showed in the beginning, no f..ing way! ;-)

I'm using the Sony A6300 along with a Sigma 16mm 1.4 lens. The mic is the Rode Film Maker Pro. I got this with the intention of run and gun vlogging which hasn't really happened much yet
    Joe Tillman

Quote Originally Posted by JoeTillman View Post
    I'm using the Sony A6300 along with a Sigma 16mm 1.4 lens. The mic is the Rode Film Maker Pro. I got this with the intention of run and gun vlogging which hasn't really happened much yet
    Brilliant little camera and well done production. You should keep making those. IMO much more effective than responding here - although I really appreciate your perspectives. Why not produce a whole series on the turkish hair restoration industry?

Hello Mr Joe

Pls I need your advice about a good doctors or clinics in Turkey with reasonable cost , if you know just let me know cause I'm confused and concerned too much about choosing right doc.

some suggested to me :Ali Emre Karadeniz ,
    EMRAH CINIK
    Musbeh Arslan .

I have had 2 HT done by Dr. Emrah Cinik. I am very happy with the results and very satisfied with his services.

Quote Originally Posted by ozkan View Post
    I have had 2 HT done by Dr. Emrah Cinik. I am very happy with the results and very satisfied with his services.
    can you show us your results ?!