+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 12 weeks on big 3 (pics). Plz opine!!

Hi all,

I know its kinda early, but, would appreciate comments. I have been taking Fin. for no of years now. Started Minox 5% and Nizoral as well, 12 weeks ago. 2nd pic taken 12 weeks later. What do you think? Should I carry on?

Rave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	feb_2012.JPG

Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	15073   Click image for larger version

Name:	may_2012.JPG

Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	15074  

Honestly, I don't see much of a difference. With that said, it's only been 12 weeks with the additions. Seems like people say you really need to try it for a year.

If anything, looks like very slight improvement. I would keep at it for at least a year and re-evaluate at that time.

Hate to say it but you need to shave your head..you just dont have enough hair for the big 3 to work or you could get a hair transplant. Sorry man

Well some people respond very well to meds, so there's nothing wrong with trying out the regimen for a year and seeing where it gets you. Though at this stage of loss it's best to keep realistic expectations.
    I can't see much difference between the photos, but 12 weeks is very early.

If you want to see how far meds can take you, you can consider switching from fin to dutasteride, and also make sure you're using the 2% keto shampoo instead of the 1% OTC stuff.
    Concealers like dermmatch and toppik might also help.
    Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Well some people respond very well to meds, so there's nothing wrong with trying out the regimen for a year and seeing where it gets you. Though at this stage of loss it's best to keep realistic expectations.
    I can't see much difference between the photos, but 12 weeks is very early.

If you want to see how far meds can take you, you can consider switching from fin to dutasteride, and also make sure you're using the 2% keto shampoo instead of the 1% OTC stuff.
    Concealers like dermmatch and toppik might also help.
    Good luck!
    Does it really make that much of a difference between 1 and 2 percent? The 2 percent is meant to be used once a week and the 1 percent is used twice so it theoretically adds up the same.

Quote Originally Posted by john2399 View Post
    Hate to say it but you need to shave your head..you just dont have enough hair for the big 3 to work or you could get a hair transplant. Sorry man
    That's false, I have seen people worse than him get back a lot of hair on the big 3 after more than a year. You need patience.

12 weeks is nothing BTW. You didn't lose all that hair in 12 weeks, you're not going to gain it back in 12 weeks. You didn't even lose that hair in 1 or 2 years either. It takes years to get to where you're at. It might take over a year to start seeing noticeable regrowth.

Thank you all! I realize it is too early. I intend to continue treatment for at least an year and will be back...

Quote Originally Posted by WashedOut View Post
    Does it really make that much of a difference between 1 and 2 percent? The 2 percent is meant to be used once a week and the 1 percent is used twice so it theoretically adds up the same.
    2% is more effective from what we know. I see what you mean with the numbers, but medication is rarely that simple. To make a comparison, if there was a 1% minoxidil solution, using it 10 times a day would not likely produce equivalent results to using 5% solution 2 times a day.
    But keto is more of a supporting treatment anyway. Finasteride (or dut) does the real heavy lifting.

Edit: PatientlyWaiting is right. Seeing your maximum results could take considerably longer than a year. But within a year you will probably see some results if your regimen is working, even if it's only in the form of decreased shedding.