+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 61 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Swooping View Post
    Interesting. Let's hope for the better. Could be for another drug though. One more month before we get to know more I guess. Have you looked into Samumed recently It's214ComeOnAlready? You seem to be very up to date and informed how companies move and such. I am pretty interested in what Samumed their compound will bring to the table.
    I think they make everything secret. That is interesting because there are a lot of thing is going on the backstage and we do not know about.

Quote Originally Posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready View Post
    Found something that caught my eye regarding Allergan and bim.

To recap, I have said that I am certain they will release results on Nov. 4th. There's no possible way I could know whether or not a product would be launched, but if they have continued development since the phase 2b trial, it is possible. I strongly believe they would have immediately continued production, because since they plan on bringing it to market, that means it works. If it works, and meets their biggest requisite to be more powerful than Rogaine, than you can bet that Allergan or ANY company will do anything to bring it to market ASAP.

I found the mention of bim for scalp mentioned among a good number of programs that have recently been FDA approved, very encouraging. I looked at that chart in the Q2 2015 presentation, and looked up each drug (the programs they listed among 70 they are "continuing development" on). Turns out, the majority have recently (within the last 6 months) been approved by the FDA. The remainder are late phase 3.

Anyway, here is the main purpose of this post...

I found an article today which shows that Allergan is investing $7.5 million into a plant in Waco, TX. The money is for new processing equipment to make packaging for new and existing products. AND guess what, this plant produces and distributes Restasis, Refresh, LATISSE, and LUMIGAN. So, this plant produces BIMATOPROST, the main ingredient in Latisse and Lumigan. The head of the plant says the packaging is for worldwide distribution, "but declined to comment on the name or use of the new products, saying Allergan would release that information closer to the time they become available on the market."

(here's the article for reference: http://www.wacotrib.com/news/busines...7e4fe1ec5.html)

So we know a NEW product is being launched, which is why they have purchased the new packaging equipment. We know that this plant only produces a few different drugs, two of them being bimatoprost based. We also know that bimatoprost has been alive this entire time, but without mention until 3 months from a key R&D pipeline update taking place from where this project originated (Irvine, CA). The VP of Operations even tells us that Allergan will release the information of what the drug is, or is for closer to the time it becomes available on the market (something I've said all along regarding a bim launch for Allergan).
    Well done !

Unfortunately swiss believes bim is weak and shitty

Quote Originally Posted by barfacan View Post
    Unfortunately swiss believes bim is weak and shitty
    It is a fact actually.

IDGAF who or what "swiss temples" believes. Nobody has tried bim at 3%. Anyone who says bim is weak doesn't understand the importance of concentration and dosing.

An alcoholic beverage with 5% alcohol is going to be like water compared to one that is 50%.

IDGAF who or what "swiss temples" believes. Nobody has tried bim at 3%. Anyone who says bim is weak doesn't understand the importance of concentration and dosing.

An alcoholic beverage with 5% alcohol is going to be like water compared to one that is 50%.
    Who said increasing the concentration of any product will increase the effectiveness?
    Is minoxidil 15% better than 5% ? The answer is no even though some say yes, is fin 5 mg better than 1 mg ? The answer is no.

Quote Originally Posted by baldybald View Post
    Who said increasing the concentration of any product will increase the effectiveness?
    Is minoxidil 15% better than 5% ? The answer is no even though some say yes, is fin 5 mg better than 1 mg ? The answer is no.
    Well, the concentration obviously makes a difference up to a certain point, and at some point there are diminishing returns. The question is at what concentration does that plateau happen in bimatoprost?

Quote Originally Posted by baldybald View Post
    Alright well, you've shown you're behind in what you know. I'll be glad to get you up to speed. Concentration has been the biggest issue for this drug. It is why they ran a phase 2b. They ran a trial with .3%, and found that it wasn't enough. They then ran a trial (phase 2b) with a formulation that is 10X greater (3%). And now we see that the development has continued, which means they are pleased with 3%.

Please refer to earlier pages in this thread. There is lots of good stuff. I don't have time to post everything, but you'd be doing yourself a favor by doing a little research rather than saying "no it's crap - my brain and swiss temples said so."

Alright well, you've shown you're behind in what you know. I'll be glad to get you up to speed. Concentration has been the biggest issue for this drug. It is why they ran a phase 2b. They ran a trial with .3%, and found that it wasn't enough. They then ran a trial (phase 2b) with a formulation that is 10X greater (3%). And now we see that the development has continued, which means they are pleased with 3%.

Please refer to earlier pages in this thread. There is lots of good stuff. I don't have time to post everything, but you'd be doing yourself a favor by doing a little research rather than saying "no it's crap, swiss temples said so."
    Thanks that helped

Quote Originally Posted by Swooping View Post
    Interesting. Let's hope for the better. Could be for another drug though. One more month before we get to know more I guess. Have you looked into Samumed recently It's214ComeOnAlready? You seem to be very up to date and informed how companies move and such. I am pretty interested in what Samumed their compound will bring to the table.
    Yea you are right, it could be another drug. We'll know in a month. I think what I liked the most is that the article was very specific in mentioning that it was for the packaging of the product, and not new equipment to make a new drug. It leads me to think that it has something to do with a container, or delivery system (i.e. foam can like rogaine) and that they are going to use with a drug that possibly already exists in production at the plant. The article also mentions the VP of Operations saying that they could see the need to hire more people at the plant by Q3 2016, if demand for the products increase. To me, it all but says Bimatoprost for hair loss, but we will find out for sure in a month.

I have been keeping up on SM. It looks like some real interesting stuff for sure. I think their phase 2 dosing is over soon, and I thinks it's very possible that their 2nd phase 2 mini-trial has something to do with the 21st Century Cures Act. Turned out Samumed has some lobbyists in Washington; they must be in the loop about what is going on with the bill.

Hopefully we hear some good news about both soon.