Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Flowers
    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by HairTalk
    That might be a bit too optimistic, at this point.
    You don't think in the next 10-20 years anything will come about to prevent today's kids from balding? Maybe not a preventative cure but you gotta believe at least acell and cloning will give full coverage with transplants for when you do go bald, right?

Comment

• mlao
      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Flowers
      You don't think in the next 10-20 years anything will come about to prevent today's kids from balding? Maybe not a preventative cure but you gotta believe at least acell and cloning will give full coverage with transplants for when you do go bald, right?
      Dr. Robert Bernstein has said that Cloning is within ten years. while I know we have heard it again and again from all the "stealth mode companies" I would tend to trust a source like Dr. Bernstein because he generally does not make foolish uninformed statements. Still it's a long time!

Comment

• UK_
        • Feb 2011

I still find it hard to take Aderans seriously.

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
          • May 2011

Yeah I'm thinking that a 10 year old now who is to start balding at 30 won't have any major concerns. In 20 years there'll surely be vastly improved treatments. I'm not talking about gene therapy but Histogen and Aderans and such options will be pretty common place and not such a big deal. Hell a combo of corteoxolone 17 alpha propionate and Histogen could change things big time in 5-7 years. Such treatments could buy someone 10 years perhaps. So really in the example of that 10 year old they could make it to 40 without even considering hair cloning or any form of HT.

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
            • May 2011

Originally posted by UK_
            I still find it hard to take Aderans seriously.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjEyNjI2NjUy.html
            Lol. Japanese humour. They're so nutty.

Comment

• RichardDawkins
              Inactive
              • Jan 2011

I think today is the only time where we could be optimistic because right now there is no way back.

Even traditional transplants today could achive a good deal for you. And Who knows, maybe in 2 years stuff such as Cole can produce consitent 80% regrowth :-)

Comment

• Flowers
                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by RichardDawkins
                I think today is the only time where we could be optimistic because right now there is no way back.

Even traditional transplants today could achive a good deal for you. And Who knows, maybe in 2 years stuff such as Cole can produce consitent 80% regrowth :-)
                I'm putting more eggs into the 'Dr. Cole using Acell' basket everyday.

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
                  • May 2011

I'm putting more eggs into the 'Dr. Cole using Acell' basket everyday.
                  Hope you guys are right.

Comment

• RichardDawkins
                    Inactive
                    • Jan 2011

Plucked hairs and FUE multiplication will be future treatments i am sure. I mean even traditional transplants on high NW scales are getting better and better. Now put the factor of expanded donor at hand and you are good to go

Comment

• HairTalk
                      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by mlao
                      Dr. Robert Bernstein has said that Cloning is within ten years. while I know we have heard it again and again from all the "stealth mode companies" I would tend to trust a source like Dr. Bernstein because he generally does not make foolish uninformed statements. Still it's a long time!

http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/hair...ew-york-times/
                      I think you're either misinterpresting or twisting Bernstein's words. To my understanding, he's simply said he doesn't feel hair-multiplication is close (i.e., it's more like "ten years," than ten months, away), not that he's sure it'll show up within the next decade.

Comment

• HairTalk
                        • Feb 2011

I really don't know; right now, though (i.e., speaking to ten–twenty years from now, based on to-day), I certainly wouldn't call it a sure-thing that it will. Frankly, I'm trying hard to withhold any such optimism until there's fairly widespread (which I'd characterize, here, as being ~70%) acceptance within the community of reputable hair-transplant surgeons that limitless donor-supply and/or "non-surgical" hair-restoration have/has arrivedl; I'm reluctant to adopt such hope on people's proposing things that "look promising."

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
                          • May 2011

This was a good interview from Dr. Bernstein last November.

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
                            • May 2011

Originally posted by HairTalk
                            I really don't know; right now, though (i.e., speaking to ten–twenty years from now, based on to-day), I certainly wouldn't call it a sure-thing that it will. Frankly, I'm trying hard to withhold any such optimism until there's fairly widespread (which I'd characterize, here, as being ~70%) acceptance within the community of reputable hair-transplant surgeons that limitless donor-supply and/or "non-surgical" hair-restoration have/has arrivedl; I'm reluctant to adopt such hope on people's proposing things that "look promising."
                            Well it's going to happen eventually. You're right not to get too optimistic though. This is all just conjecture until it actually arrives. Phase 2 results from both Histogen and Aderans will tell us where we're really at. Until then it's just a guessing game I suppose. In 2 years those phase 2 results will be out and then we can truly evaluate where we're at with this whole thing.

Comment

• UK_
                              • Feb 2011

Its always 5 or 10 years away.

How many times have we heard it?

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
                                • May 2011

I know. It's annoying alright. At least we've got some legimate human trials going on. There's too much money in this for some not to crack it eventually. Whether we'll be able to avail of it is another matter.

Comment

Working...