+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Selling out and getting a celebrity hair piece?

Ok what about this as an idea....

Get one of these until Replicel / Histogen / Aderans hit the market:
    http://www.baldingblog.com/2012/03/0...ers-hairpiece/

We all agree that Replicel / Histogen / Aderans are coming but we don't know when.

So it occurred to me why not just get one of these instead of a Hair Transplant.

At least with these you don't get permanent scars and it is probably going to be a lot cheaper :P

Does anybody even know what the hell these things look like? Are the permanently attached to your head until they fall off?

No chance. I'd rather rock the chrome dome. I could never do it. I prob don't have the balls to do HT so I just hope Replicel or these PGD2 antagonists can keep my hair and maybe give me some regrowth. But by all means if someone feels comfortable with it I'd say go for it.

Realistically I'll probs have to man up and just buzz it off in a few years and get on with it. Still at the stage where I look better with some than without though.

^ much better idea. Save that money for some future treatments.

Dangerous game Kiwi. You could get a piece and end up under it for years then Aderans and Replicel don't come up with much. What then?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Does anybody even know what the hell these things look like? Are the permanently attached to your head until they fall off?
    'Permanent' is a matter of perspective. The adhesive is such that it technically should stay on as long as no excessive force is used. It can be washed, swam in etc like normal hair.

But the hair quality and adhesive only last a few months, supposedly.

So figure $500 or something every 3 months.

How does the edge of the hairpiece connect to the scalp so that isn't totally obvious that there is a hairpiece there - I mean the transition point from hairpiece to skin. Would a person apply makeup or something to smooth over the transition zone? I'm just curious

Quote Originally Posted by lpenergy View Post
    How does the edge of the hairpiece connect to the scalp so that isn't totally obvious that there is a hairpiece there - I mean the transition point from hairpiece to skin. Would a person apply makeup or something to smooth over the transition zone? I'm just curious
    My understanding is that it must be transparent and very thin. But I don't actually know. Does anybody here know?

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    Dangerous game Kiwi. You could get a piece and end up under it for years then Aderans and Replicel don't come up with much. What then?
    So what to do?

Do you think HT is the best thing to do while we wait?

I'm not sure about this particular type of "hair system" but one of my best friends actually has a hair system. This type of "system" isn't from Bosley or some shitbag chain clinic, but from a reputable, non-chain clinic here in the U.S. I don't know about this particular Farrell type of system, but I know firsthand from my friend the drawbacks of having a hair system, and there are many. First, the system is glued or bonded onto your head so not only does the skin underneath become irritated and itchy, but when a person sweats, the hair system does come loose and needs to be constantly reinforced. I think he goes in once a month to have the system re-bonded/re-glued and to have it cleaned. But on his own, he needs to maintain it with some sort of attachments like every few days, and every other day during the summer when he sweats more often. Also, $500 every three month for one of these systems is very wishful thinking. My buddy pays almost $300 per month at the clinic to have the system re-attached/re-bonded and that does not include some of the other products (like the semi-permanent attachment strips) that he needs to buy to maintain the system. Also, the thing that I'm really concerned about it that when you have a semi-permanent system bonded onto your head, it is likely that the native hair on a person's head with be permanently ripped out/damaged where the system is glued onto the head. And then let's say a person gets tired of the system and hates all the maintenance and hates the way that it looks and wants to get rid of it. Well then if this scenario happens, then a lot of his native hair could be damaged by where the wig was glued on. But the one positive with regards to this route is that there is no permanent head scarring. So if a person just wanted to say "**** it" and simply shave their head, then they wouldn't need to worry about a permanent ear-to-ear linear scar. But then again, I'd definitely get a wig if I looked like that Jason Alexander guy cus he really looked like such shit without it.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    I'm not sure about this particular type of "hair system" but one of my best friends actually has a hair system. This type of "system" isn't from Bosley or some shitbag chain clinic, but from a reputable, non-chain clinic here in the U.S. I don't know about this particular Farrell type of system, but I know firsthand from my friend the drawbacks of having a hair system, and there are many. First, the system is glued or bonded onto your head so not only does the skin underneath become irritated and itchy, but when a person sweats, the hair system does come loose and needs to be constantly reinforced. I think he goes in once a month to have the system re-bonded/re-glued and to have it cleaned. But on his own, he needs to maintain it with some sort of attachments like every few days, and every other day during the summer when he sweats more often. Also, $500 every three month for one of these systems is very wishful thinking. My buddy pays almost $300 per month at the clinic to have the system re-attached/re-bonded and that does not include some of the other products (like the semi-permanent attachment strips) that he needs to buy to maintain the system. Also, the thing that I'm really concerned about it that when you have a semi-permanent system bonded onto your head, it is likely that the native hair on a person's head with be permanently ripped out/damaged where the system is glued onto the head. And then let's say a person gets tired of the system and hates all the maintenance and hates the way that it looks and wants to get rid of it. Well then if this scenario happens, then a lot of his native hair could be damaged by where the wig was glued on. But the one positive with regards to this route is that there is no permanent head scarring. So if a person just wanted to say "**** it" and simply shave their head, then they wouldn't need to worry about a permanent ear-to-ear linear scar. But then again, I'd definitely get a wig if I looked like that Jason Alexander guy cus he really looked like such shit without it.
    My problem is that I have a stupid scar now and FUT didnt provide the results I was lead to believe it would.

So I'm kinda stuck in this time zone where I'm like what to do?
    1) Do I shave and get a tattoo to fill it in?
    2) Do I shave as short as possible to just hide the scar?
    3) Keep trying things like PRP?
    4) Get a piece?
    5) Wait for a new drug?
    6) Try the new minoxidal 5% foam

Propecia is out of the question because it stole my mojo.

I really do stress a lot about all of this. My 3700 HT was supposed to take away my stress!!