Is Rogaine a dht blocker?? - Page 2 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I've been using Rogaine for about 4 months and I have a lot more hair than I did 4 months ago... and no sides at all

Could rogaine be making me impotent?? I'm 33 and I honestly haven't had an erection in at least two days. Not only that but like zero activity down there, not even a tingling. I think I've been using it for almost a week, I was sick with the flu up until yesterday but I've never noticed any change in my genitals during the flu, like ever, and I usually wake up with an erection like most guys and get one when I'm waiting to go to sleep, I haven't had anything in at least two days, possibly more. The first day I was on rogaine I had erections but they were weak.

This is a true nightmare, it's like that episode of arrested development were that guy gets a hair transplant and his whole body goes to hell.

The current state of treatments is pretty grim. Your best hope is just keeping the hair you have right now, and you really need propecia for any chance at that IMO. rogaine is a growth stimulant and not an amazing one at that evident by the large amount of men with MPB still. Its not like you take rogaine and wake up NW 1 like homer on the simpsons its more like barely cosmetically significant amounts nothing all that impressive in most cases. It doesnt really stop MPB or alter its course it just helps grow new hairs.
    I had an uncle that had major MPB and he went rogaine. Bald as a button today at first he grew a bunch of new hair, then 6 months later way more bald then before. It didnt stop MPB at all just grew new hair but still lost it all.
    Anything is possible, but its certainly very rare for rogaine to cause impotence. No one even knows how rogaine works so anything can happen

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    The current state of treatments is pretty grim. Your best hope is just keeping the hair you have right now, and you really need propecia for any chance at that IMO. rogaine is a growth stimulant and not an amazing one at that evident by the large amount of men with MPB still. Its not like you take rogaine and wake up NW 1 like homer on the simpsons its more like barely cosmetically significant amounts nothing all that impressive in most cases. It doesnt really stop MPB or alter its course it just helps grow new hairs.
    I had an uncle that had major MPB and he went rogaine. Bald as a button today at first he grew a bunch of new hair, then 6 months later way more bald then before. It didnt stop MPB at all just grew new hair but still lost it all.
    Anything is possible, but its certainly very rare for rogaine to cause impotence. No one even knows how rogaine works so anything can happen

So sad.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon WHTC Clinic's Avatar

Minoxidil cannot overcome the effects of the hormone. By thickening your existing hair, minoxidil delays the shrinking process of hair loss.
    Click here for a free hair loss recommendation from Dr. Patrick Mwamba

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC clinic.

Consultations with Dr. Patrick Mwamba
    London, UK - Available (Sat.)
    Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Sat.)
    Bologna, Italy - Available (Sat.)
    Brussels, Belgium - Available (Mon. - Sun.)

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Email
    customer.care@mywhtc.com
    Telephone
    +32 479-75-3281 (Belgium)
    +44-203-318-6228 (UK)
    les meilleures solutions chirurgicales pour la perte de cheveux

I've never really heard of anyone having serious or long term side effects from minox although obviously there is always a chance of some side effect, even just if skin irritation, just like any drug. Propecia systematically lowers your DHT by blocking or reducing 5AR which converts T to DHT. So yes propecia can have more actual side effects such as sexual dysfunction. However, studies have shown these to be very low. I have been on propecia for many years like others with no noticeable side effects.

[Note: talk to your doctor if concerned, I'm not a medical professional and neither are most of the people on this forum]

heyy mark do you have any before and after photos? Or at least tell me how severe was your hair loss? How many hairs did you lose before rogaine and how bad was your thinning? Im just curiouse because I want to start rogaine but kinda nervous.

Your erectile problems are probably caused by anxiety.

However, Minoxidil is a blood pressure reducing drug which can cause hypotension. Some of the side effects of hypotension are dizziness, fainting, lack of concentration, blurred vision, nausea, rapid breathing and fatigue.

Hypotension can also cause erectile dysfunction: https://www.healthtap.com/topics/can...le-dysfunction

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreno515 View Post
    heyy mark do you have any before and after photos? Or at least tell me how severe was your hair loss? How many hairs did you lose before rogaine and how bad was your thinning? Im just curiouse because I want to start rogaine but kinda nervous.
    I had a big bald spot on the top of my head, and now it's basically gone. I also have some growth at hairline and temples.
    I use the liquid, put it on once a day, about 2ml on the crown and 2ml on the hairline and temples. So its only 1 application, but a lot.
    With time you get good at localizing it so it doesnt drip where you dont want it to.
    I shed for about a month and then it started reversing.

I see, alright and is there a special reason whyyou choose liquid over foam? Not that its an issue but juts wondering. Also has your hair in general gotten thicker all over? And has the bald spot really gone away?