+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 107 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Soonbald View Post
    swooping..I have a question when I spray the RU all over my scalp I use 5ml"250mg" of it and add just 2ml of minox to it and mix it together then spray it all over...I Always dermaroll all over my scalp with 1mm derma needle of course for better "absorption" and I do a good job doing it i do bleed slightly sometimes even...anyway...my issue is when I rubb my scalp after I spray it on...some say its "needed" to rubb the RU in is this really true? the derma Rolling does make small small holes in the scalp so the RU and the minox can seep into those small holes by itself? or do I really need to rubb it in hard for it to enter the skin/hair folicle? I dont want to have a shaved head to be able to rubb it in lol...I rubb my scalp with that "neogenic" plastic thing you know that one? Little plastic thing that u rubb the neogenic liquid on your scalp...anyway I rubb it in with that...but I noticed when I put it against the scalp and start rubbing the hairs is in the way I rubb "ON" the hairs "sometimes" and on the scalp at the same time you know..its hard to avoid this...but when doing this the hair will kind of "Clean up" the liquid RU that is on the scalp...I just want to touch the SCALP SKIN and not the hairs itself..but haha even if you have 1 CM hair length and rubb your scalp you will still rubb the hair against the scalp...the only way to avoid this is to completely shave your head or have 1-3mm hair length but I dont want to go around like that for months cuz my hair grows slowly due to "MPB" and I dont suit with that short hair actually its my head shape and size that puts me off actually.. but do you rubb the RU in every time? do you Think its REALLY necessary? I mean you Think you can get results without rubbing it in? dermarolling deffo helps the RU to enter the hair folicles because of the small holes it makes in the skin...please give me your thoughts and suggestions if you have any
    Personally I start with a glass dropper on the front of my head and then tilt my head back so the solution runs over my head. Then I massage it in. I don't know if rubbing helps with penetration though, doubt it.

And yes these results are real. However some use minoxidil in combination with the RU, so some of these results come off a synergistic effect.

Also RU works primarily for maintenance. Some will notice an increase in hair growth and thickening, but not everyone. You should expect maintenance everything else would be a plus. Unfortunately some can even continue to lose with RU, it's definitely possible. Hope that helps.

Hi guys.....

Now full frontal stop & increase thickness

So happy.. But no regrowth unfortunately?

Do I need to increase dose..?

you can try to increase the dose I use 300mg a day! no problems

Quote Originally Posted by Coiffio View Post
    I agree that RU and fin could have a nice synergetic DHT blocking effect because of the different modes of action... unless there's more about up regulation we don't know about. For 5 months I took .25mg of fin twice a week with random 1 week breaks. I got no cosmetic results.

When I switched to RU I stopped taking fin for several weeks. Then I started back up taking .25mg about once (rarely twice) a week because I can handle it and agree that it could help RU do its job. The whole timeline of things and RU ending my 4 year battle with itchy greasy hair almost instantly makes me think RU is doing some heavy lifting. My older brother said he was going to start RU some time ago. It's the only treatment he's ever used for hair so it'll be interesting to watch. I'll ask him about it.

As for the 45mg dose of RU being low, El DUT and some others have been using 20mg a day for over a year now. 50-100mg a day is the standard. More wouldn't hurt at all as long as you're not getting sides. I just don't want to spend much money haha. The day something grows every last hair back onto my head is the day I empty the life savings account.
    I use 40mg a day and it works fine. I used 50mg for a while but I was having trouble dissolving it in the minox I was using as a vehicle. Not enough ethanol I suspect. As it evaporated it would leave a white powdery substance on my scalp.

So I dropped it to 40mg and it still nukes my oily scalp. The minox provides good regrowth (well, as good as you can expect from minox) so overall this is the best single treatment I've ever used.

How would someone continue to bald even using a high dose of RU? What would be the mechanism of that then because nearly all androgens are rendered inactive you would assume.

for those of you who are on RU now, how long did you decide to take the plunge after being in din/dut? i ask because I have been on fin for over a year and a half and have not gotten the results i hoped. current hair count is being maintained, slowly dropping off. I used minox in the past with great regrowth for a number of years until my DHT got too high, and the minox stopped working. would going to RU help my minox work again?
    thanks

The only thing you can do is experiment and see how things go...the longest I could take fin was 1 month until my Eyes got severely dry so I had to stop it ...then I started minox and RU..been on "minox" for 4-5 months no results whatsoever maybe slightly less shedding but I didnt see any new hairs at least not on my hairline so I figured it barely works...so I might drop that and now im gonna just use 300mg of RU everyday for a few months and I will ONLY use RU...this is a good test because many people use RU and minox so its hard to determine which one that works the best...I used 250mg of RU every other day for 3 months but all I got was less shedding but no regrowth on my hairline this time I will use everyday at 300mg and in KB solution this time instead of ethanol/pg..I will surely keep you all updated after my test run!

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    How would someone continue to bald even using a high dose of RU? What would be the mechanism of that then because nearly all androgens are rendered inactive you would assume.
    It doesn't block all DHT.

Quote Originally Posted by Soonbald View Post
    you can try to increase the dose I use 300mg a day! no problems
    300 MG...!?? So much..!!!!!!!!

I will try 100 MG....

Very happy already but hope for regrowth!!!!!!

Vegeta how short is your hair in mm or cm??? and do u mix the ru with minox or just ethanol/pg mixture?