Closed Thread
Page 70 of 187 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 120 170 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    If you achieved good results with insulin on mice why don't you just try insulin with your new technology on humans ? You said that it probably binds to IGF1R just like IGF-1. Unlike IGF-1, insulin is readily available.
    Dude did you even read this thread?
    They are trying to get a batch of IGF-1 fit for humans. There are supply issues follicept is trying to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by NOhairNOlife View Post
    Dude did you even read this thread?
    They are trying to get a batch of IGF-1 fit for humans. There are supply issues follicept is trying to deal with.
    While they are waiting for IGF-1 fit for humans, they can try with insulin which produced great results on mice. Insulin fit for humans shouldn't be hard to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    While they are waiting for IGF-1 fit for humans, they can try with insulin which produced great results on mice. Insulin fit for humans shouldn't be hard to find.
    If you know of any manufactures please post their contact information here for Devon to follow-up.

I'm going to dedicate my life to this trial, this company in europe sell different igf for other pharma, is this useless? I link the expensive one but there are many... http://shop.bachem.com/h-5555-1.html

they are located in california and PA aswell, i'd say it's worth a call

Quote Originally Posted by NOhairNOlife View Post
    If you know of any manufactures please post their contact information here for Devon to follow-up.
    +1.

If you want to go one step further and qualify leads for us, here is what you can ask them:

"Hello, a University-affiliated company is seeking seeking FDA cGMP compliant clinical grade recombinant IGF-1 from microbial fermentation for research use. Do you manufacture this, and/or do you have a process developed to do so? If so, do you have a minimum order/batch size, what are the approximate startup costs, and what is your maximum capacity? Thank you!"

Most companies don't manufacture clinical grade, or aren't cGMP compliant. Other companies can manufacture, but they don't have a process developed. The ones with a process already developed are the most likely to be able to start producing most quickly (though not guaranteed).

If you find anything, certainly let us know and we will follow up! Really appreciate the help.

Devon

Quote Originally Posted by Keki View Post
    I'm going to dedicate my life to this trial, this company in europe sell different igf for other pharma, is this useless? I link the expensive one but there are many... http://shop.bachem.com/h-5555-1.html

Be careful what you dedicate yourself to, it can be a pretty thankless job We really do appreciate it though. See my other response.

"I'm going to dedicate my life to this trial"

....no pressure Devon, haha

Exp Dermatol. 2014 Mar;23

Insulin-like growth factor-1: roles in androgenetic alopecia.
    Panchaprateep R1, Asawanonda P.
    Author information

Abstract
    Of all the cytokines or growth factors that have been postulated to play a role in hair follicle, insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) is known to be regulated by androgens. However, how IGF-1 is altered in the balding scalp has not yet been investigated. In this study, expressions of IGF-1 and its binding proteins by dermal papilla (DP) cells obtained from balding versus non-balding hair follicles were quantified using growth factor array. DP cells from balding scalp follicles were found to secrete significantly less IGF-1, IGFBP-2 and IGFBP-4 (P < 0.05) than their non-balding counterparts. Our data confirmed that the downregulation of IGF-1 may be one of the important mechanisms contributing to male pattern baldness.

© 2014 John Wiley & Sons A/S. Published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd.

Yeah I understand it might not be so simple to find the best suitable long term mass amount source manufacturer of igf-1, but how Follicept struggles to get hold of a tiny little trial batch is really kinda weird.

Devon/follicept hopefully this company, that keki posted, can be of assistance.