+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Acceptance of Hair Loss

I try my best to accept my hair loss. It is not easy, but I try.

I hope that anyone else on this forum who has made the choice to accept their hair loss can make a comment on how they do it.

i will only accept my hair loss when i will get married

Quote Originally Posted by worried View Post

This is exactly my view.

I agree with the married part. Im only 19 so its impossible for me to accept hairloss since i still want to meet plently of women. I will accept hairloss in my late 30s since mostly every guy has some hairloss.

people say its not easier to lose your hair after 30+ but i think it is, if only slightly.

I mean its hard to lose your hair at any age but if you told someone who is losing their hair at 30 , 'would you rather this happen when you are 18/19?' guarantee they would say no!

Inactive

Question

Quote Originally Posted by worried View Post
    What happens if your marriage ends and you still have hair loss?

Inactive

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by jpm View Post
    I mean its hard to lose your hair at any age but if you told someone who is losing their hair at 30 , 'would you rather this happen when you are 18/19?' guarantee they would say no!
    But so what? I'd rather get kicked in the nuts once rather than twice, but that doesn't mean I want to get kicked in the nuts at all.

Quote Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
    But so what? I'd rather get kicked in the nuts once rather than twice, but that doesn't mean I want to get kicked in the nuts at all.
    All men would prefer to not have MPB but if you are going to get it, I'd prefer it to hit at 30+ than at 18.

Inactive

Thumbs down

All men would prefer to not have MPB but if you are going to get it, I'd prefer it to hit at 30+ than at 18.
    But so what? The fact that men would rather experience hair loss at 30+ rather than at 18 in no way demonstrates that it's any easier to accept MPB at the former age. Obviously nobody wants to deal with a bad thing any longer than he has to.

gmonasco's nuts analogy is hilarious.

I agree with you but I also agree with those who say it doesn't make too much difference once the condition hits....30 seems like a lifetime away when you're 18, but you realize just how little time 12 years is--and just how young 30 is--when you're only a few years away from it. I turned 27 and don't look that different than when I was 18, except my stupid hair. When I'm 30 things will be similar unless I'm an alcoholic by then.
    A lot of people have the idea that they'll be settling down in their 30s (which I do not want but that's another story) and not care how they look. But caring about your looks is built into our genes, and like gmonasco alluded to most "settling down" is just temporary. When you're 40-50 and your wife has moved on, it would be a lot nicer to have Brad Pitt hair than Louis CK hair when you find yourself a bachelor again. And although you can still get in shape, get a tan, use retinol for the lines in your face etc. at that age....you really can't do much about your hair if it is gone.

Sorry, I'm just lamenting out loud.
    If I could choose the perfect age to start balding, it would be exactly 1 day after I die.