Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RU58841
    • Mar 2015

Originally posted by cuprous
    Sorry but could you (or anyone else) elaborate on that? I know RUM is RU myristate which I've read is the "prodrug" version of RU but I have no idea what that means.

Everything else I've read is that there's no good vehicle for it. Plus it doesn't seem like anyone sells it so perhaps it's all a moot point.
    Yeah, been trying to figure this out too, but I don't see people raving about it. And I don't see it sold anywhere either. I guess if it worked nobody would be using the non-myristate version.

Comment

• RU58841
      • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Frankthetank
      few random questions... if you discontinue using RU will you lose any progress you made on it (is it similar in that way to rogaine/finasteride)? Also, is there generally a shedding period with it?
      I'm not sure if you'll lose progress, I'll guess yes just because it seems to be that way with everything else. (Does anyone know the scientific explanation for this? Never did understand why this happens; reflex hyperandrogenicity?)

As for shedding, I don't think I've seen anyone report shedding upon starting RU. Most people seem to report a reduction in shedding very quickly upon beginning it.

Comment

• VegetaDBZ
        • Apr 2015

I got question....

What dosage do most people take.....??

50 milligram?

Comment

• Frankthetank
          • May 2015

Thanks for the reply RU58841.

I am definitely considering using RU but I just began Dut yesterday (made the switch after a year of finasteride). It is probably logical for me to wait a few months before experimenting with RU anyways to be able to isolate/determine the effects dut has on me

Comment

• dus
            • Mar 2015

Would Spectral DNCN - Nanoxidil be a suitable vehicle for RU application? Can't stand minox and am willing to give this a try.

Comment

• RU58841
              • Mar 2015

Originally posted by VegetaDBZ
              I got question....

What dosage do most people take.....??

50 milligram?
              30mg-100mg/day seems to be the range. I don't see many (if any) people going over 100mg. Start low and increase it to see how you react!

I am definitely considering using RU but I just began Dut yesterday (made the switch after a year of finasteride). It is probably logical for me to wait a few months before experimenting with RU anyways to be able to isolate/determine the effects dut has on me
              Good strategy, I wish I were that patient when it comes to this stuff :[

Would Spectral DNCN - Nanoxidil be a suitable vehicle for RU application? Can't stand minox and am willing to give this a try.
              What's in that? I know that RU doesn't really dissolve in solvents with water. People have mixed it successfully in Neogenic though, so if the composition of that is similar to Spectral, then maybe...

Comment

• VegetaDBZ
                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by RU58841
                30mg-100mg/day seems to be the range. I don't see many (if any) people going over 100mg. Start low and increase it to see how you react!
                Thx..!! I got RU delivered only wait for weighing scale now....

Will start with 50mg a day.

Will let know how it goes...!

Comment

• xLeox
                  • Jan 2015

just curious regarding what % do you guys are using RU at. I've started it in December, one month 7% and then 5%. Been working great for 5 months, now It seems it lost some effect. I was thinking of going back to preparing it at 7%, or even a higher %. I know a guy who tested different % and found out ru worked for him at 10% and he has been using it at that percentage for a while by now. anybody in the same situation that upped the percentage after a few months and got any stable improuvements?

Comment

• RU58841
                    • Mar 2015

Hm, what makes you say it's lost effectiveness? Increase in shedding or something? Any change in side effects?

Comment

• xLeox
                      • Jan 2015

Originally posted by RU58841
                      Hm, what makes you say it's lost effectiveness? Increase in shedding or something? Any change in side effects?
                      I noticed side effects only for a few days back when I started ru. I haven't seen any worth mentioning shedding, but I noticed my right temple is getting worse, returning to the same situation before I started ru. my guess is that after some months, just like any other lotion,it loses effectiveness. same thing happened with minoxidil + antiandrogens lotion (which I'm still using), but its effectiveness lasted way longer than ru.

Comment

• champpy
                        • Apr 2015

xLeon, can I ask how long before you noticed any benefit from using RU?

general RU question...I ordered my RU from Kaneshop, and noticed that it has a slight scent to it. I want to say it almost smells like chlorine?? Is that normal and has anyone else noticed that too?

Comment

• ALM
                          • Apr 2011

I stay relatively low profile on this site but I have to agree with xLeox. I've been on RU now for over 8 months and what benefit I was getting from it in the first 4 months has reversed to more shedding versus growth. It's definitely not the answer we've all been waiting for, but I'll stay true to the regimen for another 6 months to see what happens.

Comment

• xLeox
                            • Jan 2015

Originally posted by champpy
                            xLeon, can I ask how long before you noticed any benefit from using RU?
                            almost immediately. besides stopping the shedding phase, rather than a real regrowth, I think RU it made my hair thicker and stronger.

Originally posted by ALM
                            I stay relatively low profile on this site but I have to agree with xLeox. I've been on RU now for over 8 months and what benefit I was getting from it in the first 4 months has reversed to more shedding versus growth. It's definitely not the answer we've all been waiting for, but I'll stay true to the regimen for another 6 months to see what happens.
                            what % are you using RU at? I think the only way (I hope I'm wrong) to get back those progress is upping the %. considering all the downsides (chance of having sides, spending even more money on it) if that gave me guarantee to stop for a consistent amount of time (I'm talking years, not months) the shedding process, I'd be down for it. but what if after 6 months, things get worse again? I'm not sure it's worth doing it then.

Comment

• diffuseloser
                              • Sep 2014

I'm in the same boat. I had almost immediate results with RU. Serious thickening of existing hair and coverage improved dramatically. Now, almost a year later, I'm back to where I was before. Maybe even worse. Scalp is showing and hair is thin all over the top. Hairline is looking pretty bad too. Depressing as hell. I'm debating what step to take from here. An increase dose? A vehicle change? Both? Shave it off and drop all treatments? I'm not getting my hopes up for any new miracle treatment either. I can't take fin so my options are very limited. I think I will up dosage to 50+mg but I haven't decided on new vehicle yet. Its between neogenic and ethanol/PG.

Comment

• diffuse
                                • Feb 2015

Originally posted by diffuseloser
                                I'm in the same boat. I had almost immediate results with RU. Serious thickening of existing hair and coverage improved dramatically. Now, almost a year later, I'm back to where I was before. Maybe even worse. Scalp is showing and hair is thin all over the top. Hairline is looking pretty bad too. Depressing as hell. I'm debating what step to take from here. An increase dose? A vehicle change? Both? Shave it off and drop all treatments? I'm not getting my hopes up for any new miracle treatment either. I can't take fin so my options are very limited. I think I will up dosage to 50+mg but I haven't decided on new vehicle yet. Its between neogenic and ethanol/PG.
                                Have you tried low dosage of fin? maybe 0,5 mg EOD or 1mg 3x times a week?

I'm using it for 2 weeks, 1mg finpecia ED without problems.

Comment

Working...