+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 100 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 ... LastLast

Thread: Sm04554

Quote Originally Posted by lacazette View Post
    Damn, I can't wait til november héhé I really want to know what kind of results this drug could give.
    It's the first one who play with the wnt pathway modulating, and this way seems far more powerful in the studies than simply anti androgens shit,etc.
    So who knows, it could be quite a cure in combination with a big HT, even for big Norwoods
    May not even need a HT for that matter, probably being too hopeful but from what I've read on it the pathway is able to promote hair growth in dormant follicles therefore awakening them and thickening. We'll have to wait and see the results, but it does sound promising.

I think that the fact that the company is doing this 2nd study is a VERY positive development.

a) The company likely knows by now whether or not the test subjects in the phase 2 study grow hair or not.
    b) The company likely would have done the biopsies in the original phase 2 study if they intended to do biopsies all along so it's likely that the idea of doing this biopsy study is something they only recently decided to do.
    c) It's very doubtful that they would have decided to do this special phase 2 study if they did not see positive results from the original phase 2 study.

So they likely know if their drug grows hair or not and they decided to invest more money into another trial

ALSO

d) I've been reading on the internet where experts are saying that the new FDA law will allow companies to move their treatments into the marketplace after phase 2 studies if the treatment is "groundbreaking" and the FDA is agreeable.
    e) By Samumed doing this additional study they are securing more information that they can turn over to the FDA.
    f) Samumed is surely aware of the new FDA law that might become law.

It looks to me like there is a possibility that Samumed may have decided that by doing the additional phase 2 study (involving biopsies) they could get more info to turn over to the FDA and then maybe the FDA would let their drug into the marketplace after phase 2. And the timing fits this scenario because the new phase 2 will be done by the end of January and of course the new FDA law will become law (or rejected) just about that same time. The timing makes it look to me like Samumed may have had the new law in mind when they decided to do this additional phase 2.

Also, they may have figured out that if they instead set-up for a phase 3 study then that phase 3 study will cost them a lot more money and a phase 3 study will make it take longer to get their drug to market so they'll have to wait longer to start earning profits from the drug, and it's a bad thing to take longer to get to market because other breakthrough treatment(s), such as Shisheido's advertised iPS cells, will come to market soon and grab a big chunk of market-share.

Prague Jan 2014

Signaling Involved in Hair Follicle Morphogenesis
    and Development

https://www.mdpi.com/1422-0067/15/1/1647/pdf

HF morphogenesis starts at an early embryonic stage. Its proper development and
    regular cycles involves a strong interplay between Wnt, Hedgehog, Notch and bone morphogenetic
    protein (BMP) signaling pathways.

"The Wnt pathway is considered to be the master regulator during
    hair follicle morphogenesis

Currently,
    only a few attempts to modify these pathways have been performed in the treatment of abnormalities
    such as alopecia. Although some promising drugs have emerged with the ability to target pathway
    effectors, providing some success in the treatment of hair follicle abnormalities"

They should try to make wnt inhibitor for hair removal :d

But of course first hair regrowth !!!

So any one in US is interested to participate SM phase 2 complement? still 90 days of topical application

There's still 3 locations that recruiting

Research Site Recruiting
    College Station, Texas, United States
    Principal Investigator: Terry Jones, M.D.

Research Site Recruiting
    Houston, Texas, United States
    Principal Investigator: Suzanne Bruce, M.D.
    United States, Virginia

Research Site Recruiting
    Lynchburg, Virginia, United States
    Principal Investigator: Janet Hickman, M.D.

The new outcome measures are really interesting, with the scalp biopsy analyze
    https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/...atenin&rank=19

Quote Originally Posted by lacazette View Post
    So any one in US is interested to participate SM phase 2 complement? still 90 days of topical application

There's still 3 locations that recruiting

Research Site Recruiting
    College Station, Texas, United States
    Principal Investigator: Terry Jones, M.D.

Research Site Recruiting
    Houston, Texas, United States
    Principal Investigator: Suzanne Bruce, M.D.
    United States, Virginia

Research Site Recruiting
    Lynchburg, Virginia, United States
    Principal Investigator: Janet Hickman, M.D.

The new outcome measures are really interesting, with the scalp biopsy analyze
    https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/...atenin&rank=19
    I live in dallas so its near to college station , I like to attend that, thanks for your info. my only concern is I have some regrowth with my current treatment , how about if it doesn't work for me? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Parsia View Post
    I live in dallas so its near to college station , I like to attend that, thanks for your info. my only concern is I have some regrowth with my current treatment , how about if it doesn't work for me? lol
    Hey dude I read more the exclusion criterias and sorry but :
    Use of any products or devices clinically proven to promote scalp hair growth (e.g., finasteride or minoxidil) within 24 weeks prior to study start

So 24 weeks it's when they will finish this little trial

But you are Lucky if you have some regrowth ^^ what is your regimen?

I would actually be interested as I'm also in Dallas and I frequently visit College Station. I'm not on Fin, Min, etc, so I'm good on that aspect.

However, I don't think I meet Norwood criteria. Also, I'm not sure if I feel experimenting with possible cancer-causing pathways.

Although, after reading this thread, I am quite interested in this product and will be anxiously waiting for the results.

A quick question:

Are we aware of any connection between the Wnt pathways and COX/PGD/PGE pathways, which also seems to be a strong theory based on a lot of scientific research?

So how do they know if anyone is actually on fin, minox or any other hair product. Do they test for traces of these drugs in your system?
    Basically im asking, if we lie and say we are not using other treatments how do they know if thats true or not?

Quote Originally Posted by champpy View Post
    So how do they know if anyone is actually on fin, minox or any other hair product. Do they test for traces of these drugs in your system?
    Basically im asking, if we lie and say we are not using other treatments how do they know if thats true or not?
    lol you're not going to get it by them. They've spent millions on these trials, trust me, you won't be able to fool them.

It would be like trying to buy alcohol with a fake ID at a sports arena with a multi-million dollar liquor license.