+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Should I get on fin? [pics]

I posted my pics once before, but I took some newer ones just today which I think show the extent of my hair loss a bit better. Yes, I may be in the very early stages of hair loss, but I would rather attack it early than wait until I lose more.

My hairline is concerning me more than anything. Notice how thin it is, and how uneven the hairline is (as well as the slight recession at my right temple)? It was NOT like this 6 months ago.

Let me know what you guys think. I'm thinking of going on finasteride if this worsens. I'm really willing to take the plunge despite the risk of sides. My hair is honestly one of my better features and I don't know what I would do if I lost it (as terribly vain as that sounds).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	tn.jpeg

Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	13502   Click image for larger version

Name:	tn-1.jpg

Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	13503   Click image for larger version

Name:	tn-2.jpg

Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	13504  

Inactive

I don't think you need anything, let alone finasteride.
    You're not even Norwood 1. Don't know how to say this, but you are not bald. Theres so many of us with barely anything in the front or in the back, you have plenty of hair, be happy, even thrilled with what you have, the rest of us - we can only dream of a full set of hair.

You're suffering from a cognitive distortion, man. All I can do is reiterate what StressedToTheBald has already said. This is the hair loss equivalent of someone who is bulimic. I almost want to say you're a terrible person for signing onto a hair loss forum and flaunting your luscious locks.

While I understand how it may seem ridiculous for me to suggest that I'm losing my hair, the amount of hair I have on my head today as opposed to a year ago is different. A year ago I had more hair at the hairline; today the hairline has thinned out and I can even see through to my scalp if I'm looking in a mirror in a well-lit room.

I'm not suggesting that I'm bald or even going bald anytime soon, but I have lost hair and a lot of the hairs at my hairline are miniaturized.

I also use lots of hair products to make my hair appear more voluminous (I blow-dry, use mousse, hairspray, etc.) so the hair in my pics may be a bit deceptive. My hair is naturally very fine.

If fin is not an option for me at this point, then what is? I understand that most other options don't help hair at the hairline.

You could get tested for genetic susceptibility but I agree with the others, your hairline looks awesome and will only attract jealousy

How old are you? Perhaps you are developing a mature hairline. Most men lose their childhood hairline and recede a bit but this does not mean you are balding. If you're really concerned about it, go to a hair restoration doctor and let them look for miniaturization behind your mature hairline point to see if anything is actually going on. At least you'll know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by captainmoon View Post
    Let me know what you guys think.
    Honestly, all I see in the photos you have provided is a natural and normal mature male hairline. The male hair line is not like the female hair line or the adolescent hair line. This is normal and is one of the traits that differ between males and females.

However, if this continues to bother you, you need to see a doctor who specializes in treating hair loss. Such a doctor can help steer in the right direction. Here is a link to help you find one.

http://www.iahrs.org/hair-transplant/

I agree with the general consensus that you have a mature, or maturing, hairline.

Keep vigilant for any changes that indicate you might be progressing to actual full-on MPB, but otherwise, I think you're completely fine.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan555 View Post
    How old are you? Perhaps you are developing a mature hairline.
    I'm 23.

I'm a little confused as to how you can tell if some recession is a "mature hairline" as opposed to the beginning stage of MPB. When you develop a mature hairline, does it normally stop there? How can I tell if this is just a mature hairline or if it will progress further?

Quote Originally Posted by captainmoon View Post
    I'm 23.

I'm a little confused as to how you can tell if some recession is a "mature hairline" as opposed to the beginning stage of MPB. When you develop a mature hairline, does it normally stop there? How can I tell if this is just a mature hairline or if it will progress further?
    mature hairline bro, use this as a warning that life could get tough and go out live your life for all of us sufferers here. Appreciate your hair more, etc.

Do it for us...go out there and get laid so that you can forget about hair loss.

Propecia won't help you keep your hairline either...if youre losing your hair all the products out there are to make it a norwood 2/3 at most. It's rare for somebody to keep their norwood 1 hairline with propecia.

You have all these future treatments coming out later bro.