Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • New hair 2012
    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by clandestine
    Hey new hair, care to share any updated pictures from the front? Hows it looking?

By the way, your donor looks incredible. Couldn't have guessed you had any sort of procedure done.
    Thanks Clandestine, yeh I'm really happy with the way its looking. The healing of my donor area was a big concern of mine before the HT but it seemed to heal very easily. I used the DHI aftercare products, followed their post procedure instructions to the letter and it ran as smooth as. ;-) Didn't hurt afterwards either so double bonus ;-D

I'll get some photos up in a few days (when I get my camera back);-)
    Ta!!

Comment

• New hair 2012
      • Jan 2012

Triga Results

Hi - These are photos from my Triga Session with DHI at the end of May/begining of June.

Day 1 (28/5/12) - Frontal area and hairline - semi direct technique used

Day 2 (29/5/12) - Left Mid area and and left crown area and front hairline refinement - semi direct technique used

Day 3 (1/6/12) Right crown area - direct technique used

These photos were taken 10/6/12 - 10 days after the last (3rd day) day of my procedure.
      Attached Files

Comment

• worried
        • Mar 2012

what norwood you are before your first HT

Nobody can say that you are bald ..... congrats

Comment

• New hair 2012
          • Jan 2012

hi - thanks!

Originally posted by worried
          what norwood you are before your first HT
          If you go back to the very start of the thread and look at my before/after images of my 1st Giga session back in September last year, you can see exactly where I was on the norwood scale. I was definitely at least a 5 going on 6. The hair that I had left on top Hair was scarce and very thin. There wasn't much left on top I have to say, so I kept it shaved.

My donor area was very good so I was able to have a Giga (2 day) session last year and then a Triga (3 day) session this year to complete my hair redistribution/restoration and hairline design.

Comment

• sausage
            • Jan 2012

Looks awesome,

I am at a similar stage as to what you were pre-op, although maybe I am a little bit thinner on top.

I have a below average donor area and was advised to be cautious about having a HT, eventually I gave up and didn't bother due to being uncertain about the whole HT industry, surgeons had such differing views as to what they thought I could have done.

They obviously take into consideration future loss so I got on Propecia, if it can stop my loss then maybe there would be a more positive view on what can be achieved so I may go back and ask for advice in the coming months.

I am at a stage in my hairloss where I do not want to end with a total slaphead on top, I can deal with the thin hair on their now as it looks ok buzzed, If and when I do lose the hair on top, I would surely quite easily be able to have the equivalent amount of hair replaced as sparsely as it is now.

That subject has been discussed on here before and for some reason there were a lot of people against the 'sprinkle some hair on top' idea. Not sure why but some people believe that if your going to buzz your hair then theres no point in doing this but IMO something on top is better than nothing, especially at my age.

Comment

• worried
              • Mar 2012

Originally posted by New hair 2012
              hi - thanks!
              I was definitely at least a 5 going on 6. The hair that I had left on top Hair was scarce and very thin. There wasn't much left on top I have to say, so I kept it shave.
              yes you look NW5 . Do you have enough donor left to use incase if your mpb further progresses ?

Comment

• worried
                • Mar 2012

Originally posted by sausage
                That subject has been discussed on here before and for some reason there were a lot of people against the 'sprinkle some hair on top' idea. Not sure why but some people believe that if your going to buzz your hair then theres no point in doing this but IMO something on top is better than nothing, especially at my age.
                Ofcourse something on top is better than nothing. atleast at that point you are no more bald in the eyes of society and for some buzz hair really look great.
                why dnt you use your body hair ?Like beard hair on your crown

Comment

• New hair 2012
                  • Jan 2012

new pic

Hey peeps - Here's my latest pic - i shall post some angles and close ups shortly which are from a few weeks back. This image is about 1 week old.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• New hair 2012
                    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by worried
                    Ofcourse something on top is better than nothing. atleast at that point you are no more bald in the eyes of society and for some buzz hair really look great.
                    why dnt you use your body hair ?Like beard hair on your crown
                    Thanks - the hair is starting to get noticeably thicker and the comments from friends has increased recently. So I've had a real confidence boost recently. Feel like the old me is back which is a great feeling.

Body hair and beard. Yes I believe you can use these effectively and I may well do in the future at some point if or when I need to. However, I had a great donar site for my doctors to work with.

Comment

• New hair 2012
                      • Jan 2012

hair pics

Hi, These are some photos from just before Christmas.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Misery
                        • Dec 2012

Nice job.. Was this done in the UK?

Comment

• New hair 2012
                          • Jan 2012

some more shots Oct 2012

Some shots a photographer friend took for an article on hair restoration. The shots were taken in October.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• New hair 2012
                            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Misery
                            Nice job.. Was this done in the UK?
                            Hi - Thanks!!

I had my sessions in the DHI VIP Clinic in Lavrio, Athens.

Comment

• Misery
                              • Dec 2012

Ah, right. Thanks.. I just scanned DHI on web and it was pointing to UK.

Comment

• New hair 2012
                                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Misery
                                Ah, right. Thanks.. I just scanned DHI on web and it was pointing to UK.
                                There are clinics in the UK - that is correct. I actually visited their new clinic in London. I went shortly after the first giga session. At the time, I went for a bit of a check up, to let them see how my procedure had gone and I was showing off my results to some of their potential clients. While I was there I met a couple of the Greek doctors who I had also met in Athens.

Comment

Working...