+ Reply to Thread

Default Rapidly Thinning Hair

Hi guys new to the site, I hope you are all well.

I am a 20 year old male from England and I am experiencing serious amounts of shedding. It all started around 2 months ago when I spotted a small thinning area on the top of my head it was nothing to worry about and it was really small. Unfortunately since that day I have religiously stared at my hair.

At first I started counting the hairs when washing my hair in hope of it giving me a sign that I might be losing it. It started with around 30 hairs which was quite scary at first then week by week went by till I got to where I am now which is around 150-200 hairs every time I wash my hair and combing through my hair lose about 10 per area. Also I get a lot of dandruff, spots, sore patches and an incredible amount of itching which is driving me insane. I went to see my doctor about it and its all nature and there is nothing he can do to stop, wasn't even interested in examining it. I used different shampoo for the last 6 weeks such as nizoral to get rid of the dandruff with no success.

I have got so worried to the point two weeks ago I had to start propecia because I couldn't take it anymore. I was hoping that it would help stop the itching and the hair loss but unfortunately its still around 150 a day from washing and who knows how many I can't see throughout the day. MPB doesn't really run in my family apart from my uncle who went bald at 28 and my brother who has really thinning hair. My brother is on medicine that can cause hair loss because he has cerebral palsy.

Unfortunately I have no way to post pictures because I have no access to a camera, the best way I can describe it, is thinning around the crown and through the middle my scalp. My hair line is exactly the same and I'm sure it has been for many years but I had longish hair for 8 years so I didn't see much of it. I have miniaturised areas all thought my head even on the sides and the back which is even more scary. Its putting me in a bad way and that's why I'm writing this at 04:24 in the morning.

Sorry for the long message

Thanks

I suppose the question is, will fin stop my hair falling and regrow the hair I've lost?

Quote Originally Posted by JS1994 View Post
    I suppose the question is, will fin stop my hair falling and regrow the hair I've lost?
    The most honest answer anyone can give you is: maybe. No way to tell until you use it. At least you can say you are using something that has been proven to be effective.

Thanks for replying.

I suppose it is, that's the most frightening thing really is going down the path of the unknown. Hopefully it will but I just don't have that kind of luck.

I've read it works for 90% of people, seems there's a lot more talking about it not working than it actually working though

Then again I doubt many people its working for use forums