+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Snake oil?

Quote Originally Posted by Pboy101 View Post
    I think you are grabbing straws if you think that length, lighting, and angle have that much to do with the hair regrowth seen in these pictures especially when the now pictures are so much brighter than the before pictures. Notice that I took these current pictures with my phone with a poor frontal camera just on the fly so I can have something to show you.
    I am not grabbing at straws at all. It appears that you have a tendency to come with many accusations at people for some reason!

I have been taking many pictures of my own hair loss and hair regrowth over the last 9 months and know that hair loss can easily be made to look worse or better with different lighting and with different angles that the head is positioned. If you look at many before and after pictures by companies selling hair loss products you will often see that the after picture has longer hair in it. These are deceptive practises that are common in the hair loss industry and done to make hair regrowth appear better than it actually is. When taking pictures that are meant to help ascertain whether you have hair regrowth progress, especially where your hair loss is not so visible, it is desirable to try to take pictures with the same length, same lighting and same head angles.

I am done responding or even reading anything you have to write, you are only fixated on Finasteride and Minoxidil. You bring nothing new to the table and seem to have a distinct inability to think outside of the box, unlike Herbaliser. Many people on this forum are looking for hair loss solutions that are different from taking or using Finasteride and Minoxidil.

Science does not exist in a vacuum, neither does hair loss. Hair loss solutions need to be applicable to real life and people need to be comfortable using them. For example, a highly significant percentage of women with cancer, up to 10%, refuse to undergo chemotherapy because they do not want to have the hair loss that is associated with it. You can explain the "science" about chemotherapy and cancer all day long to such women, but they don't care about the science, they care more about their hair!

That's Life!!

Quote Originally Posted by Herbaliser View Post
    Probably you didn't read my other posts.
    For me, no hair loss is not science because hair loss suddenly became science for beneficial reasons (do you get my point?)
    Thank you for clearing the definition of science, now i´m as patronizing as you are and at the same level.
    I have read several of them.

You deny that hair loss is science that's fine, it is not science in your opinion and you are entitled to have that. I just wanted to make sure that it is in fact science and you deny that, regardless of "beneficial reasons" whatever that is.

The reason why I provide definitions in a rational discussion is to make sure we are talking of the same things. And here it was as my post stated very extraordinary to see someone claim hair loss isn't science, I thought perhaps you had twisted definition of the word "science". It is not about showing superiority or arrogance, and I do not think you should consider yourself at the same level if you deny facts, that will again be your opinion. We might be at the same level that we understand the definitions provided

I see no reason to comment further so I'll let you have the last word. And wish you a great life, maybe we cross each other in some other thread!

I've seen many natural products like olive oil, coconut oil, almond oil, essential oils and herbs working like magic on hair. It's a slow and steady process that needs patient. Most of the time these things work.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondra View Post
    I've seen many natural products like olive oil, coconut oil, almond oil, essential oils and herbs working like magic on hair. It's a slow and steady process that needs patient. Most of the time these things work.
    Contrary to how I've been baselessly accused of in this thread, I'm actually not closed minded and I'm very open to the possibility of new hair loss treatments, even the natural ones. The only thing that it would take to convince me would be some evidence. The process of becoming an acceptable treatment is actually very easy to understand.

1. Find a treatment that you find effective.
    2. Document your usage and results.
    3. Have the same treatment tested and independently verified by others.
    4. Become widely accepted by the hair loss community because of repeated success either with FDA approval (finasteride, minoxidil) or without (RU, CB, Ketoconazole).

It seems to me that you guys are unable to understand this concept and just want to make claims and have them accepted without any pictures, results, testing, whatsoever. Most of us are skeptical and that's a good thing. If someone in the street gave you some yellow water and said it's the elixir of life and that you should drink it, I would hope that you would be skeptical about that. The principle is no different in this case. Now if you bring some pictures of some progress, then we can start talking. Until then, snake oil remains snake oil until vindicated by evidence.

I put my progress in a new thread: https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showth...icing-progress

Contrary to how I've been baselessly accused of in this thread, I'm actually not closed minded and I'm very open to the possibility of new hair loss treatments, even the natural ones. The only thing that it would take to convince me would be some evidence. The process of becoming an acceptable treatment is actually very easy to understand.

4. Become widely accepted by the hair loss community because of repeated success either with FDA approval (finasteride, minoxidil) or without (RU, CB, Ketoconazole).

It seems to me that you guys are unable to understand this concept and just want to make claims and have them accepted without any pictures, results, testing, whatsoever. Most of us are skeptical and that's a good thing. If someone in the street gave you some yellow water and said it's the elixir of life and that you should drink it, I would hope that you would be skeptical about that. The principle is no different in this case. Now if you bring some pictures of some progress, then we can start talking. Until then, snake oil remains snake oil until vindicated by evidence.
    For me the treatments has gone way to far.
    I was actually shocked going thru this forum, and there has to be a dictionary soon regarding all the medical terms for hair loss.

The companies are only seeing dollar bills, while the victims suffer due to our effort to fit in our shallow society that created this.
    I found my way by accident and health (even if it was so called hereditary) , but it will never progress further and nobody will try it anyway.

They succeeded by making this a big market, and keep people on hold.

Quote Originally Posted by epipapilla View Post
    I am not grabbing at straws at all. It appears that you have a tendency to come with many accusations at people for some reason!

I have been taking many pictures of my own hair loss and hair regrowth over the last 9 months and know that hair loss can easily be made to look worse or better with different lighting and with different angles that the head is positioned. If you look at many before and after pictures by companies selling hair loss products you will often see that the after picture has longer hair in it. These are deceptive practises that are common in the hair loss industry and done to make hair regrowth appear better than it actually is. When taking pictures that are meant to help ascertain whether you have hair regrowth progress, especially where your hair loss is not so visible, it is desirable to try to take pictures with the same length, same lighting and same head angles.

I am done responding or even reading anything you have to write, you are only fixated on Finasteride and Minoxidil. You bring nothing new to the table and seem to have a distinct inability to think outside of the box, unlike Herbaliser. Many people on this forum are looking for hair loss solutions that are different from taking or using Finasteride and Minoxidil.

Science does not exist in a vacuum, neither does hair loss. Hair loss solutions need to be applicable to real life and people need to be comfortable using them. For example, a highly significant percentage of women with cancer, up to 10%, refuse to undergo chemotherapy because they do not want to have the hair loss that is associated with it. You can explain the "science" about chemotherapy and cancer all day long to such women, but they don't care about the science, they care more about their hair!

That's Life!!
    Thank you again for thinking clearly, and the approach regarding hair loss.

Cool

Haha!

Okay! I will post pictures of my hair regrowth progress in July 2015 in order for you to observe how good natural hair loss treatments can be.

Why July 2015? Well, because I have been using this natural hair loss treatment since July 2014 and I think that 1 year is adequate time to evaluate if it is working. Well, actually, on 28 April 2015, I knew that this "non scientific" and "non-FDA approved" treatment was effectively working to regrow the hair in my vertex. But, I don't want to commit hubris just yet, so I will wait until July to show you.

I will not currently reveal more about the hair loss treatment I am using, I will only do so in July.

Make sure you come back to this thread in mid July 2015!!

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by epipapilla View Post
    Haha!

Okay! I will post pictures of my hair regrowth progress in July 2015 in order for you to observe how good natural hair loss treatments can be.

Why July 2015? Well, because I have been using this natural hair loss treatment since July 2014 and I think that 1 year is adequate time to evaluate if it is working. Well, actually, on 28 April 2015, I knew that this "non scientific" and "non-FDA approved" treatment was effectively working to regrow the hair in my vertex. But, I don't want to commit hubris just yet, so I will wait until July to show you.

I will not currently reveal more about the hair loss treatment I am using, I will only do so in July.

Make sure you come back to this thread in mid July 2015!!
    My progress went over my expectation as posted in a another thread and so will yours.
    Only a couple were surprised over the result, for that short of time, and the rest is surely in a denial mode because the drugs would be unnecessary.
    Probably i went to far by quoting this?

These pictures are 12 days between.
    I found a natural treatment that reg-rowed my hair and gave me health benefit also.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bild1.jpg

Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	39023