Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KO1
    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by FearTheLoss
    No, he doesn't do it in practice I believe. He's just been studying it and trying to perfect it. The problem is I don't believe it's perfectable with modern fue techniques. Doctor Cole said the problem he has with regeneration becoming consistent is the ACell leaks and doesn't stay where it needs to be. Hence, this problem could be solved with pilofocus as ACell could be placed under the skin where it couldn't leak.
    Thanks for the info.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
      • Dec 2012

No problem. I'm anxious to see what becomes of this. I'm also curious as to what Dr. Mwamba's protocol is for hair regeneration. I wonder if he is using information from this study or what? It's discouraging to see that not many doctors are apt to take information like this, proven science, and try to put it into practice. However, it is encouraging to see that Dr. Wesley and Dr. Mwamba are working to advance the field.

Comment

• Swooping
        • May 2014

In the last presentation that Dr. Wesley's assistant uploaded, it stated pilofocus could do 1000+ grafts an hour while regular fue can only do 300-400max
        That's extremely important imo, time means money.

Dr. Mwamba mentioned this like 2 months ago btw;

When you poke a hair bulb , you can get a lot of free stem cells in your solution ( hundred of thousand ).If you can culture them , you can go up to million cells .DP cells are trichogenic but they loose their trichogenicity with time .
        We want to take advantage of the period when they are trichogenic and expect them to communicate with existing stem cells around miniaturized hairs and influence them positively .That's our goal .

We know that cells at that level communicate through signals .I do agree that culturing cells ( DP cells , Epidermal cells , and cells from blood vessel ) , you will get a better chance to grow hairs .( Study of prof. GERD in Germany ) .

We keep trying at our level as we can not culture cells to work with fresh DPcells .We do not waste grafts .We usually take 100 grafts , poke them with a needle and reimplant them.Studies demontrated in the past that transection beneath the lower third of the hair shaft can generate a new follicles .So we expect the poked grafts to grow , especially if you boost them with growth factors and nutrients .
        Thank you for your comments .

Comment

• FearTheLoss
          • Dec 2012

It's going to be interesting to see if Mwamba's studies become of anything. However, I have a lot more hope for Dr. Wesley's method. It just seems so simple.

I think less handling of the graphs that are split is something that could dramatically increase the percentage of regeneration. If you are splitting the hairs and getting about 70% regrowth from each side of the extremely fragile, split hair, then you should expect a lot better percentage when you keep one half in its original atmosphere and add growth factors.

I don't want to be over optimistic, but I'd expect the portion of the follicle that's staying where it is with added growth factors to regenerate at 90+% based on the science that's behind it already.

Comment

• KO1
            • Jan 2012

So I'm not too familiar with the regeneration science, so what parts of the HF are to be bisected? Are we bisecting the DP, or cutting out the DP entirely, and letting the bulge regenerate the follicle?

Comment

• FearTheLoss
              • Dec 2012

There is some mention of it in this study, however, Dr. Gardner could probably clarify that, and I believe he did in a thread on here some time ago. I don't recall what the name of the thread was though.

Swooping, I think we have it right that the first "cure" will come in this form. Or at least the biggest advancement in the industry for some time to come. If this study is in fact accurate, Dr. Wesley's method can only improve upon their results. I'm excited for what's to come, and I'm grateful we have a doctor like Dr. Wesley working on this exact topic.

Dr. Cole claims to get regeneration from 20-70% when taking the follicle out in it's entirety, because of the stem cells that are left there. His hypothesis is that the reason there is such a difference in success rate is because of ACell leaking as the extraction sites ooze differently in individual patients. If ACell was placed below the skin with nowhere to ooze, this would fix that problem. Furthermore, if we aren't extracting the entire follicle, I think we could expect much greater results, as I have stated already.

I'm trying to remain cautiously optimistic, however, all this factual evidence supports Pilofocus potential to be HUGE in the regeneration game. It's hard to contain such excitement after digging into all the evidence and research done thus far.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                • Dec 2012

Originally posted by KO1
                So I'm not too familiar with the regeneration science, so what parts of the HF are to be bisected? Are we bisecting the DP, or cutting out the DP entirely, and letting the bulge regenerate the follicle?
                "Expression of CD200, p63, and b1-integrin was detected in both portions, whereas K19 and CD34 stained different cell populations in the upper and lower fragment, respectively."

Comment

• hellouser
                  • May 2012

"Expression of CD200, p63, and b1-integrin was detected in both portions, whereas K19 and CD34 stained different cell populations in the upper and lower fragment, respectively."
                  Source?

There have been some papers that specifically stated that miniaturized follicles lack CD200 and CD34+ progenitor cells.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by hellouser
                    Source?

There have been some papers that specifically stated that miniaturized follicles lack CD200 and CD34+ progenitor cells.
                    The paper I linked first page. This is the same research report Dr. Wesley posted.

Comment

• Arashi
                      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by KO1
                      This is wat Dr Aaron Gardner (who works with Jahoda) said:

this is a thread for questions to Dr. Aaron Gardner (Team Jahoda). Questions regarding hair cloning, DP cell culturing etc. Thanks for your time, Dr. Gardner. It's a great pleasure to have you here.

this is a thread for questions to Dr. Aaron Gardner (Team Jahoda). Questions regarding hair cloning, DP cell culturing etc. Thanks for your time, Dr. Gardner. It's a great pleasure to have you here.

Basically he thinks it's possible but too expensive to perform.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Arashi
                        This is wat Dr Aaron Gardner (who works with Jahoda) said:

Basically he thinks it's possible but too expensive to perform.
                        Exactly, but Pilofocus could split the lower half in two, like the study posted, during the actual extraction. We are talking horizontally.

Comment

• Arashi
                          • Aug 2012

Exactly, but Pilofocus could split the lower half in two, like the study posted, during the actual extraction. We are talking horizontally.
                          I haven't read their study. but they supposedly did that 'blindly', just like Gho claimed ? If so I'd say that it's most probably a lie, just like Gho's BS. It's very important to split it correctly under a microscope. This isnt something you can do blindly.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Arashi
                            I haven't read their study. but they supposedly did that 'blindly', just like Gho claimed ? If so I'd say that it's most probably a lie, just like Gho's BS. It's very important to split it correctly under a microscope. This isnt something you can do blindly.
                            No, they did it horizontally under a microscope.

"Approximately 100 hair follicles from each patient were horizontally sectioned under light microscope below the origin of the arrector pili muscle. The procedure was standardized by cutting all follicles at one-third of their length from the papilla. The two portions were implanted in androgenetic alopecia bald sites"

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                              • Dec 2012

They were even planted into two separate bald spots, so one could hypothesize, if one portion was left in it's original atmosphere, surrounded by all the stemcells and influenced by ACell under the skin with nowhere to leak, we could see a very high percentage of regeneration.

Comment

• Arashi
                                • Aug 2012

No, they did it horizontally under a microscope.

"Approximately 100 hair follicles from each patient were horizontally sectioned under light microscope below the origin of the arrector pili muscle. The procedure was standardized by cutting all follicles at one-third of their length from the papilla. The two portions were implanted in androgenetic alopecia bald sites"
                                Ok that sounds hopeful then ! Going to read their paper, thx

Comment

Working...