+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    trust me, it's taken me years to come to this decision.
    James, how are you doing on dut? Also, don't take both dut and fin together like I did, it was a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldingHelpMe View Post
    James, how are you doing on dut? Also, don't take both dut and fin together like I did, it was a mistake.
    why would it be a mistake? I don't really see how this would have a negative effect, especially if you've had no sides on fin. That being said, I am still micro dosing fin for the first month on DUT, simply because I don't believe in quitting a medication cold turkey. I will slowly ween my body off of it, while acclimating it to the new dosage of DUT. So far so good man. After almost a year of infuriating, frustrating, NON-STOP scalp sensations, I swear to you, I barely notice them now. I have only been on DUT for a couple weeks, but last night was the best night in a LONG TIME - I laid in bed and my scalp felt F*CKING GOOD. No "ants crawling through it", no pin point burning and very minimal itching. Now, in full disclosure, I did start a compounded 15% minox recently as well, so I don't know which is having the positive effect. I am just f*cking fed up as hell and am going all in. This is my last stand. I am still shedding heavy, but if that stops I will run in the streets naked screaming "hallelujah" and start kissing old ladies on the mouth.

bump.... anyone else have FIN VS DUT stories??? Come on now, give a brotha' some advice or hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Soonbald View Post
    if FIN didnt do shit for you for 10 months and only made things "worse" even when FIN blocked alot of DHT. how would dutasteride work much better and thicken up and stop your hairloss? and I dont Believe the shit people say that they feel "much better" on dutasteride lol...thats most likely because dutasteride raises more testosterone than FIN..xD have you even tried RU in neogenic for a few months james?? have you seriously tried that? I read a guy using minox and FIN for years..it didint do much for his hair he said but he then added RU and his hair thickened up greatly...
    Soonbald,
    I understand what you are saying, but testosterone is only one side of the story. What about the DRASTIC reduction in scalp DHT through dutasteride? Ziggy might be feeling better because while on finasteride he had an up-regulation of DHT receptors... by drastically dropping his scalp DHT levels through dutas, perhaps the up-regulation isn't as effective, cause there's less DHT to bind. Yes, dutas may increase your testosterone, but the impact of test as an androgen on the follicle is all speculative. No one knows if that's what is causing the hair loss.

Who among you had an opposite reaction to fin (more aggressive hair loss) and switched to dutasteride? I just took my first pill. The last 10 months have been living hell on fin. Has anyone had a positive experience doing this or am I just foolish?

** THIS IS AN IMPORTANT QUESTION THAT MAY BENEFIT SEVERAL PEOPLE SO INPUT IS REQUIRED!!**
    Why was it hell?

The first couple months were fine. Months 3-10 were absolute living hell. I watched my entire head of hair just get slowly eaten away. It became A LOT harder to hide all the balding spots and I had rapid hair loss in areas that never experienced it before. People that say finasteride cannot speed up hair loss are completely full of shit. 100% full of shit. I don't know if it was reflex hyperandro.. or high T, but it just chewed the hell out of my hair. The worst part was the damn creepy crawling sensation throughout the left side of my head. Made me insane. I was dating an awesome woman, that ended. I don't know how people can date when they are going through this. I also had bad insomnia (which may have been perpetuated by the anxiety) and increased sex drive.

I think it's crazy that after that experience, I am still on finasteride and now trying DUT. When I get my RU (monday) I may just go completely topical and quit all these oral AA's.

SWOOPING - I would like to here your opinion on this - You know my story with fin and have been around for a long time. You have also done very thorough research and are well educated on these matters. While I KNOW there is definitive answer or even a reputable theory for this, what would you do? Transition to DUT and RU, or just go with the RU and minox?

The first couple months were fine. Months 3-10 were absolute living hell. I watched my entire head of hair just get slowly eaten away. It became A LOT harder to hide all the balding spots and I had rapid hair loss in areas that never experienced it before. People that say finasteride cannot speed up hair loss are completely full of shit. 100% full of shit. I don't know if it was reflex hyperandro.. or high T, but it just chewed the hell out of my hair. The worst part was the damn creepy crawling sensation throughout the left side of my head. Made me insane. I was dating an awesome woman, that ended. I don't know how people can date when they are going through this. I also had bad insomnia (which may have been perpetuated by the anxiety) and increased sex drive.

I think it's crazy that after that experience, I am still on finasteride and now trying DUT. When I get my RU (monday) I may just go completely topical and quit all these oral AA's.

SWOOPING - I would like to here your opinion on this - You know my story with fin and have been around for a long time. You have also done very thorough research and are well educated on these matters. While I KNOW there is definitive answer or even a reputable theory for this, what would you do? Transition to DUT and RU, or just go with the RU and minox?
    What is DUT and was it worth it? Did your hair grow back?

Quote Originally Posted by blohan View Post
    DUT is similar to fin, but much stronger. It blocks both types of DHT and drastically reduces both serum and scalp DHT levels in comparison to finasteride. I have been on it a month. I have a feeling it is just going to make things worst, but what the hell else should I do. I am considering dropping all oral androgen inhibitors and starting my RU along with my 15% minox... don't know. no one has advice on this

Quote Originally Posted by blohan View Post
    Sorry, meant to say it blocks both types of 5-alpha reductase ENZYMES that are responsible for converting T to DHT... thus less DHT.

DUT is similar to fin, but much stronger. It blocks both types of DHT and drastically reduces both serum and scalp DHT levels in comparison to finasteride. I have been on it a month. I have a feeling it is just going to make things worst, but what the hell else should I do. I am considering dropping all oral androgen inhibitors and starting my RU along with my 15% minox... don't know. no one has advice on this
    much wrose how?? side effects? have you experienced impotence? and what about your hair? is it working?