Odd hairloss at 23: Extremely depressed and suicidal. (PICS)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 35YrsAfter
    Doctor Representative
    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by fred970
    You have no idea of what true hair loss feels like.

Try being a full-blown bald NW5 at 23 years and you'll know what depressing means.

Guys like OP and you don't need treatments, you need perspective.
    In addition to that, one high school student became a Norwood 7 when he reached his senior year. He was harassed by school security because he gave the appearance of a man in his forties hanging around a high school campus. When I was in high school, one formerly good looking and popular student developed alopecia totalis. Talk about severe blows to a young man's self esteem.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Comment

• nursedude22
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by 35YrsAfter
      In addition to that, one high school student became a Norwood 7 when he reached his senior year. He was harassed by school security because he gave the appearance of a man in his forties hanging around a high school campus. When I was in high school, one formerly good looking and popular student developed alopecia totalis. Talk about severe blows to a young man's self esteem.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
      I can't imagine losing my hair in high school, but then again some guys can pull the bald look. I, on the other hand could never..my head is weird shaped. Going back to my question.

Does thinning on the sides automatically mean you have DUPA?
      Is side thinning the first steps of it?

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
        Doctor Representative
        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by nursedude22
        Does thinning on the sides automatically mean you have DUPA? Is side thinning the first steps of it?[/B]
        No not at all. For the densest hair here are a few things you can do and avoid doing. Make sure you are eating good food (my family eats organic) and a good vitamin supplement can't hurt although hair loss due to vitamin deficiency is rare. Rogaine is worth a shot and won't hurt at all unless you're allergic. Make sure you aren't taking any medication that has a side of hair loss. Avoid sunburn. Don't smoke cigarettes. Try to avoid excessive stress. Get plenty of exercise. Massage your scalp and brush your hair. Don't baby your hair out of fear you will loosen some up and they fall out. If they're ready to come out (telogen), they should come out. I don't think you need it or are even close to needing it, but if it makes you feel more secure and you have a very healthy income, get a PRP/CRP treatment and buy a Lasercap or Capillus.

Comment

• goldnt
          • Jan 2014

If i can remember correctly Dupa is when you lose hair everywhere. Check your donor area and if its thicker than the rest of your hair you dont have dupa. I have hairloss in the sides. It a bit passed my ears and goes up. The area around the ears are especially thin.

Comment

• nursedude22
            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by goldnt
            If i can remember correctly Dupa is when you lose hair everywhere. Check your donor area and if its thicker than the rest of your hair you dont have dupa. I have hairloss in the sides. It a bit passed my ears and goes up. The area around the ears are especially thin.
            What does (sides thinning) mean though? what is the cause of it if it's not mpb?

And My donor area---crown and back (not nape though) are the thickest parts of my scalp.

Comment

• goldnt
              • Jan 2014

What does (sides thinning) mean though? what is the cause of it if it's not mpb?

And My donor area---crown and back (not nape though) are the thickest parts of my scalp.
              Its just another type of balding. A more aggressive type. I forgot the name. I know its mpb because it responds to ru(a anti-dht treatment im on)

Comment

• nursedude22
                • Sep 2014

Its just another type of balding. A more aggressive type. I forgot the name. I know its mpb because it responds to ru(a anti-dht treatment im on)
                Scared as **** now, will propecia halt this type of mpb??

A bunch of really thin hair with white bulbs come out from the sides every time I'm in the shower, also I've noticed my pillow having 5 tiny miniaturized hairs with white bulbs every morning.

It AMAZES me how a year ago I would avoid the volumizing shampoos my mom bought bc my hair had already enough volume and would even make my hair stylist thin the sides bc of it.

Now I find myself constantly using volumizing shampoos/mouse make my hair look decent and less thin. I need to find something before it's too late!

Been using nizoral shampoo 2x a week, is that maybe the cause of my shedding?

Comment

• WillFightIt
                  • Oct 2014

Scared as **** now, will propecia halt this type of mpb??

A bunch of really thin hair with white bulbs come out from the sides every time I'm in the shower, also I've noticed my pillow having 5 tiny miniaturized hairs with white bulbs every morning.

It AMAZES me how a year ago I would avoid the volumizing shampoos my mom bought bc my hair had already enough volume and would even make my hair stylist thin the sides bc of it.

Now I find myself constantly using volumizing shampoos/mouse make my hair look decent and less thin. I need to find something before it's too late!

Been using nizoral shampoo 2x a week, is that maybe the cause of my shedding?
                  OMG, dude, I feel just the same as you, and I'm scared ar ****! I need to get in touch with you! Why can't I PM you?

Comment

• fred970
                    • Nov 2009

Look at these NW1's losing their mind over their non-hair loss.

I hope you guy never suffer from true male pattern baldness.

By the way things look, you would not last a week once post-NW2.

Comment

• nursedude22
                      • Sep 2014

Look at these NW1's losing their mind over their non-hair loss.

I hope you guy never suffer from true male pattern baldness.

By the way things look, you would not last a week once post-NW2.
                      To my understanding, you can be a NW1 and STILL have diffused thinning on the sides.

One question Mr. Fred, why are you even on here? Isn't this supposed to be a support forum and not a place of judgement.
                      We already have enough of that in the real world.

Comment

• fred970
                        • Nov 2009

Why am I here? Here's my story, my struggle: https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=16218

Now compare it with yours. Like I said, it's not a contest. But coming here as a thick NW1 whose thinning is all in his head (trust me, if you had something, I would tell you right away) saying that he wants to kill himself. This is just pathetic.

All the knowledgeable guys here have told you the same truth: you do no suffer from male pattern baldness. The rest is commentary, and delusion.

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
                          • Jun 2013

To my understanding, you can be a NW1 and STILL have diffused thinning on the sides.

One question Mr. Fred, why are you even on here? Isn't this supposed to be a support forum and not a place of judgement.
                          We already have enough of that in the real world.
                          Yeah Fred, you don't know how tough it is for the guys going through life as thick NW.5's. The jokes, stares, discrimination...you just don't understand.

Comment

• goldnt
                            • Jan 2014

I already told you i don't think you have mpb but if you insist.. Yes propecia will help slow and possibly regrow some hair hair.Combine it with minox and youll be good. Just keep in mind that the day you stop using these treatments alot of shedding will occur.

Comment

• nursedude22
                              • Sep 2014

Why am I here? Here's my story, my struggle: https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=16218

Now compare it with yours. Like I said, it's not a contest. But coming here as a thick NW1 whose thinning is all in his head (trust me, if you had something, I would tell you right away) saying that he wants to kill himself. This is just pathetic.

All the knowledgeable guys here have told you the same truth: you do no suffer from male pattern baldness. The rest is commentary, and delusion.
                              White guys with blonde-light brown hair can pull off the bald look way better tbh....How was the transplant btw? Did it hurt?

Comment

• nursedude22
                                • Sep 2014

I already told you i don't think you have mpb but if you insist.. Yes propecia will help slow and possibly regrow some hair hair.Combine it with minox and youll be good. Just keep in mind that the day you stop using these treatments alot of shedding will occur.

So I was laying out getting some sun, decided to take a picture of my scalp....Made me worry even more This photo clearly shows my side thinning (You can see my scalp!)

Anyone else still questioning my hairloss?
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0151.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	8.0 KB
ID:	439055

Comment

Working...