+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 225 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 107 157 ... LastLast

Red face Made up conversation

I have to say something cos people are getting confused due to Follical Death Row's HYPOTHETICAL conversation between Spencer and Ken. No one from Aderans has said that it's going to be another 11 years so lets all stop getting carried away by one person's pesimistic view of things. Yes Ken has previously given people false hope but doesn't everyone say that 10 years is a realistic timeline for a treatment? Well 2014 will be about 10 years since Aderans started so at the moment I'm willing to believe that they will be ready around that time.

Smile Actually.....

Actually looking at that timeline that Follical Death Row posted it looks like Aderans started in 2002 so 2014 will be over 10 years since they started out. If you look at the timeline you'll also notice that in 2002 and 2003 when Ken said that it'd be five years they hadn't even started clinical trials so it's now easy to look back and see the 5 years as totally unrealistic. However when Ken again stated 5 years in 2009 Aderans had completed phase I trials and were starting phase II, a big difference to the last time he predicted 5 years. Phase II trials seem to have been running successfully enough as far as anyone can tell although we haven't had any official news since Dec 2010 even though their website says they'll be updating throughout 2011. What we do know of phase II is that they've completed the first protocol and are now about 6 months into the 2nd and 3rd. I've seen a chart on one of the other forums that shows the timeline for the 7 protocols, the same chart shows the product going to market 2014 as planned.

Default And another thing.....

Quote Originally Posted by HairTalk View Post
    I think you're either misinterpresting or twisting Bernstein's words. To my understanding, he's simply said he doesn't feel hair-multiplication is close (i.e., it's more like "ten years," than ten months, away), not that he's sure it'll show up within the next decade.
    Sorry but I have to disagree with you Hair Talk. Unless you are refering to a source other than the article then I feel it is you who is misinterpreting or twisting Bernstein's words. In the article it states that Bernstein says "He believes hair cloning will be commercially available within 10 years". I fail to see how you see this as him saying he doesn't feel it's close. He's saying it will be on the market within 10 years, meaning less than 10 years. To me that makes me think that he's positive about it, like it's within our grasp. You make it sound like he's negative about it like it's a long, long time off. If Bernstein felt that way I'm sure he would've said something like "Hair multiplication is still a long way off, it certainly won't be here within the next 10 years. Anywayz that's my more positive way of looking at it, I'm sure that longer standing members of the forum will disagree with me though.

Quote Originally Posted by UK Boy View Post
    Sorry but I have to disagree with you Hair Talk. Unless you are refering to a source other than the article then I feel it is you who is misinterpreting or twisting Bernstein's words. In the article it states that Bernstein says "He believes hair cloning will be commercially available within 10 years". I fail to see how you see this as him saying he doesn't feel it's close. He's saying it will be on the market within 10 years, meaning less than 10 years. To me that makes me think that he's positive about it, like it's within our grasp. You make it sound like he's negative about it like it's a long, long time off. If Bernstein felt that way I'm sure he would've said something like "Hair multiplication is still a long way off, it certainly won't be here within the next 10 years. Anywayz that's my more positive way of looking at it, I'm sure that longer standing members of the forum will disagree with me though.
    i agree with UK Boy i had a consultation with Dr. Bernstein and found him to be very honest and pragmatic. As a matter of fact I find his website and blog to be one of the most unbiased sites for people who are looking for honest non-aneccdotal advice about hair loss.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Has anyone got a link to the interview which Ken Washenik tells Spencer it will be another 11 years before we see this treatment? This guy is taking the piss last december he said it would be available by 2014 and just 6 months later he adds on another 8 ****ing years? I give up on these future hope treatments they just pull your excitement up and drag you down in an instant... **** this.
    Haha. I'm only kidding. It was a hypothetical conversation and just a joke. We've just had setbacks in the past and I don't think anyone would be very surprised if we missed this 2014 timeline. I think they should have something out, maybe not radical hair cloning, but something better than minox or fin in 2014, 2015? 2016/17? Who knows at this point. Best to remain cautiously optimistic.

Inactive

The good thing is that almost everyone is taking one step beyond, and thats good for all of us. Thank god someone went the FUE way because inmo FUE is the Starting point for hair multiplication (seen as a surgical solution)

Yeah I wonder how FUE grafts would respond to being dipped in HSC, probably get thicker recipient hairs, better survival and another one or two hairs around the implant site.

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    Haha. I'm only kidding. It was a hypothetical conversation and just a joke. We've just had setbacks in the past and I don't think anyone would be very surprised if we missed this 2014 timeline. I think they should have something out, maybe not radical hair cloning, but something better than minox or fin in 2014, 2015? 2016/17? Who knows at this point. Best to remain cautiously optimistic.
    I was confused for a bit because I was sure you were joking but when people started thinking it was an actual interview, I was about to go crazy hahaha.

Yes, the key is that we are moving forward with big research. I was reading about Follicas recent update in April, with their lithium treatments to stimulate hair growth and they're doing a shit load of testing. The only problem is that they don't say anything about a timeline or how close they are to cracking it. Maybe they are closer than we think. They keep very quiet but there was a real buzz earlier this year with them.

Quote Originally Posted by CVAZBAR View Post
    I was confused for a bit because I was sure you were joking but when people started thinking it was an actual interview, I was about to go crazy hahaha.
    Lol yeh I had to explain to a few people at work today why i was so pissed off yesterday.