21 Years Old: Ruling out Telogen Effluvium - Page 2 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thanks, 2 of those supplements i am already taking. Iodine and fish oils. I have been taking probiotics 2 weeks. Am currently on antibiotics to treat the h pylori.

Bowel movements have improved. Pain isn't as bad as it was. Once the treatment is over i aim to start helping to raise my stomach acid. Did a b12 test today to check if deficient in this. I am burpin after eating pretty much straight away or within 5 mins.

I would take all the stomach pain in the world if i could have my hair back. I didnt think anything could break me, this has def broken me. I am not the same person anymore.

Try and keep your spirits up, depression won't help with the hair loss. Get the rest you'll see a difference in 3 months.
    taurine comes in 1,000 mg so you'll have to take 4.

now foods uses a patented form of l carnitine called carnipure, this is what I take.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17927577/

http://www.hairloss-research.org/Upd...Worms3-13.html

Blood tests for b12 and protein show i am normal. No vitamin def because iif h pylori.

Good News!

And you're still taking probiotics, fish oil and kelp? Try the rest of the supplements if you want, I can't believe how much they are helping me.
    I was on my way to bald 7 months ago, now I have a full head of hair and can feel comfortable on a windy day.

1. Saw Palmetto beta-sitosterol, pumpkin seed oil complex, the one I use is Hairomega 3 in 1, if you don't use this, find one with the same vitamin profile. In addition to this I take 1 Triquetra Health saw palmetto, with pumkin seed oil. Simply because its the only saw palmetto I've seen that is patented and has 3rd party lab tests.
    2. L-carnitine tartrate (carnipure patented form) 1,000 mg now foods is the cheapest I found
    3. Taurine 4,000 mg (now foods 1,000 mg 4 a day)
    4. kelp Iodine 325 mcg (any)
    5. Fish oil 2,4000 mg (make sure it's not synthetic)

With the L-caritine and Taurine you will be blocking both TGFB-1 and TGFB-2 proteins (these are hair cell killers). The Saw palmetto and beta-sitosterol will block the conversion of testosterone to DHT, and lastly the kelp and fish oil will help to keep your thyroid function optimal.

If you have time, shower cap your head with Hairmetto overnight (think its important). Before I started doing these things, I was on my way to bald, now I can go out on a windy day and still have a full head of hair, and it keeps coming in.

hope this helps.

Finasteride can't touch this combination!

Yes. But to be honest i reckon my thyroid is causing this. Drs refuse to giv me.any.meds. tsh was 3.4 last time i tested it privately and peroxidase antibodies were 43. Yet endocrinologost and dr believe those results wouldnt be why my hair is thinning everywhere on my body. Groughback everyday is such a struggle. 20 hairs came out of my eyebrows yesterday.

Sorry man,

What is your next step? With your thyroid out of whack this limits what you can take. Maybe look into supporting your thyroid function with foods.
    It's surprising to me that a Dr. wouldn't consider thyroid function as a possible cause. Most think thyroid function is essential to hair loss, and growth?? You probably don't want the thyroid meds anyway, he's doing you a favor.

I dont know. I feel shattered by this. In uk if tsh not above 5 they dont think there is problem even with raised antibodies. I am lost. I wish every day that this ends. So distressing the only peace i have is when i am asleep. I have nothing left to try. 2 years fighting this and loosing and tryin to self diagnose because of care less drs. My life is over. It ended 2 years ago. I have just been existing since. Not been out for night out n 2 years. I work come home and go to work again. I am starting to find that really hard to even do.

Hope things get better for you, keep your head up!! are you supplementing a good selenium with the Iodine?

Yeah on selenium too. I never touched a pill before this started not even a pain killer. I dont know why i am bothering though. Nothing is working.