So whatever happened to all of these new 'cures'? - Page 2 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vox View Post
    Yes, I know all this. Yet, MPB is still here torturing innocent souls. One question is, can you really intervene in such a drastic way in the hormones' cycle inside the human body, even locally, without creating serious side effects? I don't have an answer to this question. The lack of serious options in this direction could be an indication for two things: either a lack of interest or it is not that simple messing with the hormones to that point. As I said, I don't know which is the case here.

From my part, I envision a drastic solution that will eradicate this pestilence once and for all without any side effects. As indicated in the paper I linked to, they have already the knowledge to develop a diagnostic tool for severe hair loss. Imagine now one day when a young man in his teens, or even before, could walk into some clinic, perform the diagnosis and receive if necessary some genetic modification that will prevent any hair loss. I think this will come one day, but it will be in a distant future.

Of course, in the meantime a cure can come from regenerative medicine. Already some serious steps have been undertaken in this direction. But getting rid of the baldness genes would be the perfect solution.
    you're expecting much complicated solution while simpler ones are already in trial (Shiseido/replicel and Tsuji).

for now, i only blame men and their "just shave it bro" attitude, if we stop acting like worthless shit maybe people will invest in finding a DHT-related maintenance solution.

i mean, if it was happening to women with the same numbers it would have been cured. but no it's male related, nobody gives a f*** about men.

the men who write "just shave it bro" or "shave it and hit the gym bro" should be stabbed in the eye with a dermaroller.

Quote Originally Posted by Gon View Post
    you're expecting much complicated solution while simpler ones are already in trial (Shiseido/replicel and Tsuji).
    But this is the regenerative medicine I am talking about for the nearest future.

Quote Originally Posted by Gon View Post
    for now, i only blame men and their "just shave it bro" attitude, if we stop acting like worthless shit maybe people will invest in finding a DHT-related maintenance solution.

i mean, if it was happening to women with the same numbers it would have been cured. but no it's male related, nobody gives a f*** about men.

the men who write "just shave it bro" or "shave it and hit the gym bro" should be stabbed in the eye with a dermaroller.
    My situation is as follows. I lost most of my hair and my only option is to just keep what remains at a length of 2-3 mm (hair transplant is completely out of the question). So, very short but not shaved. Although people tell me that it looks fine, good head shape and all, I really don't like it. I wish I could get everything back but as of now it is impossible. And it will be for the rest of my life, unless we have some unexpected breakthrough.

But for the younger ones the battle is not lost. Today there are options for maintenance, far away from perfect but still, it is better than nothing. Unfortunately, I don't see in which way one could influence the research pace in that direction.

Your remark about women could be true, I don't know. If this was a female condition, at least it would put much more pressure in research seeking for a cure. Men are at disadvantage in other fronts also. For example, it is not socially acceptable to wear a wig, and everyone doing so puts himself at great risk to become the laughingstock if something goes wrong in front of other people. A friend (woman) told me once such a story. She laughed. I could not.

The gym idea is good for general health reasons, but is irrelevant to hair loss. I am wondering from who and why this comes so often into the forefront. To achieve what exactly, regarding hair loss?

let's hope follicle cloning will be a thing in the near future, never give up on your hair, and if you decide to shave it, do it just to stop thinking about it, you should start saving money to get it back. and definitely don't log into hairloss forums and tell people to "shave it" or "it's impossible to be cured".

if i was a research company CEO, i would rather put money into women problems instead of men, because most men don't respect themselves, and accept their problems easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Vox View Post
    Your remark about women could be true, I don't know. If this was a female condition, at least it would put much more pressure in research seeking for a cure. Men are at disadvantage in other fronts also.
    Right. 40% of people with hair loss are women. And women have exactly HOW many treatments for sexual dysfunction, even though it is a BIGGER problem with post-menopausal women than older men? One. And it's invasive and VERY, VERY new, versus drugs for men that have been on the market for 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by LusciousLadyLocks View Post
    Right. 40% of people with hair loss are women. And women have exactly HOW many treatments for sexual dysfunction, even though it is a BIGGER problem with post-menopausal women than older men? One. And it's invasive and VERY, VERY new, versus drugs for men that have been on the market for 20 years.

women who lose their hair at a young age are a tiny minority.
    drugs for men's hairloss had been discovered by accident, it wasn't meant for hair in the first place.

double post.

Right. 40% of people with hair loss are women.
    There are several grades of severity and consequences of hair loss. For example, I have not yet seen one, just one, all ages included, bald woman. I mean in the way men go bald, shiny head and all.

And women have exactly HOW many treatments for sexual dysfunction, even though it is a BIGGER problem with post-menopausal women than older men? One. And it's invasive and VERY, VERY new
    Please, enlighten me. I am not aware about the problem and the treatment you talk about. But whatever the case, you refer to something age related. Anything in that category is much more difficult, and impossible after some point, to tackle. On the other hand, there are plenty of young men, even below their 30's, that are either balding or are already bald.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldBearded View Post
    Why? The "industry" is making BILLIONS on drugs, rugs and plugs!
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by lastcome View Post
    Exactly.
    If women went bald the way men do there would be a cure by now. It would be a national emergency and treated like a terrible disease. With men it's just accepted as a fact of life, a part of natural ageing.

Quote Originally Posted by zurich View Post
    If women went bald the way men do there would be a cure by now. It would be a national emergency and treated like a terrible disease. With men it's just accepted as a fact of life, a part of natural ageing.
    honestly, it really seems like nobody gives a flying **** about us (pardon me the expression), even the current treatments we have were found accidentally, Propecia, Fin, minox..... were all meant to treat something else, they just stumbled upon a hair growing side effect.

reading your comment reminded me about that treatment they made for women with facial hirsutism its called Vaniqa i think and it makes hair shorter and thinner.

some lab spent millions looking for a cure to help women, while lasers, electrolysis and various hair removal methods already exist.

they just felt like adding some cherry on the cake.

so yeah, they can spend millions to make hair shorter and thinner but not to make them long and thick (actually there is, its Bimatoprost, it makes women's eyelash longer)

its like male esthetic problems don't exist, we're just supposed to get over it.