Finasteride question in regards to diabetes - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default Finasteride question in regards to diabetes

My father and his father had diabetes. I have worked very hard in the gym and on my diet to try and prevent myself from going through that horrid disease. I was wondering if Finasteride can cause or has any link to diabetes. I've read and heard different things. I currently take Formula 82M and it's working great. I'm 31 years old and in pretty good shape. Just seeing what anyone else has read or knows. Thanks in advance.

It shouldn't. It has nothing to do with pancreatic function or glucose.

Finasteride known side effects do not include diabetes, but that doesn’t mean they could not happen. The life of finasteride in human body is quite short; 6-8 hours. Hence long term effects are most unlikely. However, it is well known fact that fin prevents the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT) in the body. Testosterone plays a major role in glucose levels, just as oestrogen has a major effect on BS levels with women. So, a trick here would be regularly monitoring your blood sugar levels for considerable time and see if there is any fluctuation, which is less likely. Also keep minimal changes in diet and exercise. Always keep your doctor in loop about recent additions in your regimen. Hope it helps.

If fin only lasts 6-8 hours in our bodies then why isn't the dosage .5MG in the a.m. and 5mg in the p.m?

I really doubt it. Its been in use for what 25 or 30 years? I would imagine most men on it also regulary see a doctor that gave them prescription so its hard to see how a big spike in diabetes would go unnoticed. I dont think there is any evidence that happens. The T level changes from fin are very modest like 10 percent within normal range so I mean its possible it has some effect but still seems unlikely.

Awesome. I heard a bald truth radio episode and someone said to Spencer, "I have diabetes so finasteride won't be an option" and he didn't really respond to that so that was part of my worry of beginning it. I'm using Formula 82M right now and it's working amazingly. I would recommend anyone use Formula 82M if they are afraid to use finasteride for any reason. For me, it's working really well on my hairline/temple area and not just thickening my crown. I'm a Norwood 3 btw.

Quote Originally Posted by kelleygarvey View Post
    Awesome. I heard a bald truth radio episode and someone said to Spencer, "I have diabetes so finasteride won't be an option" and he didn't really respond to that so that was part of my worry of beginning it. I'm using Formula 82M right now and it's working amazingly. I would recommend anyone use Formula 82M if they are afraid to use finasteride for any reason. For me, it's working really well on my hairline/temple area and not just thickening my crown. I'm a Norwood 3 btw.
    Any before and after pics? Where do you get Formula 82M and how much is it?

Lol.. Don't even go there...