Threaded View

Wow thanks for all this information Swooping. Just read through the whole thread, very interesting. While I don't understand everything yet, the big picture is there.

I have some simple questions though: Why is it that, for example with RU, people sometimes need to up their dosage when they continue to use it for a prolonged period of time? As RU (or any AA topical for that matter) more or less "deactivates" the AR in the dermal papilla by binding to it instead of androgens binding to it and thus stopping baldness, why doesn't it always work with the same dosage for the rest of their lives? Do AR's get more sensitive over time or do AR's get 'immune' for RU or AA's? Or is it something else?

Also, there was a bit about inflammation that always came along with cellular senescense. While I did not understand a lot of the terminology used in that post (need to look up some things), does this mean that when you stop feeling the infamous "MPB-itch" that your balding has stopped? Since inflammation is one of the consequences (or do I have to say symptons?) of cellular senescense, it would make some sense that if you stop feeling the MPB-itch that there's actually something good happening to your hair, right? I'm asking this because if this reasoning would be correct, a lot of people would benefit from knowing this. I see a lot of people reviewing hair loss treatments (fin, dut, RU, etc) solely by wether how much they're shedding but as we know that hair cycles, that is not always a good indicator. Maybe it would put a lot of minds at rest knowing that you just have to focus on the MPB itch to know wether a treatment is working and just forget about the rest.

Again, thanks for the information Swooping. Great job!