Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • James Bond
    • Oct 2014

RU58841 Warning

A low percentage of people have experienced heart pressure/pain and/or shortness of breath after using RU58841 after as little as one week of topical usage.

Although rare, if you experience heart discomfort, pressure, and/or pain, discontinue use immediately, as in rare cases it can cause heart failure (it's a similar drug to nilutamide).

Interstitial pneumonititis is a more common side effect of using DHT-blockers in the class of RU58841 and nilutamide. This is a serious lung condition, which can be triggered by certain medications (among other things). If left untreated, it can lead to permanent scarring of the lungs, such that you can no longer breath and can possibly die. However, in the vast majority of cases, the damage is fully reversed within 6 to 12 months of discontinuation of the drug. In severe cases, you'll need to take prednisolone along with discontinuing the drug.

The following warning is printed on the box of nilutamide and should also be heeded when taking RU58841:

"ALERT: U.S. Boxed Warning
    Interstitial pneumonitis:

Interstitial pneumonitis has been reported in 2% of patients in controlled clinical trials in patients exposed to nilutamide. A small study in Japanese patients showed that 17% of patients developed interstitial pneumonitis. Reports of interstitial changes, including pulmonary fibrosis that led to hospitalization and death, have been reported rarely in postmarketing. Symptoms included exertional dyspnea, cough, chest pain, and fever. X-rays showed interstitial or alveolo-interstitial changes, and pulmonary function tests revealed a restrictive pattern with decreased diffusing capacity of lungs for carbon monoxide. Most cases occurred within the first 3 months of treatment with nilutamide, and most reversed with discontinuation of therapy. Perform a routine chest x-ray prior to initiating treatment with nilutamide. Consider baseline pulmonary function tests. Instruct patients to report any new or worsening shortness of breath that they experience while on nilutamide. If symptoms occur, immediately discontinue nilutamide until it can be determined if the symptoms are drug related."

More information of this condition and it's treatment outcomes can be found at the following link:

• PaulAnds
    • Jan 2017

Thanks for this post James,

as i use RU at the moment i am in concern of side effects. I think it is a much less risk taking 10mg/day topical then 150mg or more orally. But nevertheless if i feel like having these sideeffects with my lungs i will consult a doctor.

Comment

• inbrugge
      • Oct 2013

I don't know why anyone would use this product.

I was duped into it by messages here saying that it has absolutely no side effects when used topically, because it's basically neutralized once it hits the blood stream.

I used it a low dosage topically for about 2-3 weeks, maybe every other day. Immideately, I took a massive hit to my libido (nearly impossible to get it up) and I developed gyno.

I've been off it for a year and a half, and my gyno is still present. I believe I'm very luck as my libido recovered about 75% and I haven't experienced any heart or lung side effects as far as I know. And I hope my sperm count is still good.

As for my hair, yeah, it is still thinning out. So, absolutely useless.

Comment

• PaulAnds
        • Jan 2017

I´ve never heard something like this massive effects. As i know orally DHT blocker like finasterid can effect the libido. In RU threads i´ve only read about problems with eyes (sunken eye effect).. Maybe some of your sideeffects were psychosomatic.

Comment

• telogen
          • Oct 2014

I've been doing RU continuously for almost 3 years. Majority high dosages 100mg+.
          I've only experienced drop in libido and weaker ejeculation, which is expected when blocking your DHT. Heart failure and lung scarring sounds like pure scaremongering from guys too afraid of using the drug.

Comment

• Helpneeded
            • May 2019

Hi guys,

After taking Ru 3 times I seem to be experiencing cheat pains/discomfort, shortness or breath, fatigue and sternum/back aches. Symptoms seem to come and go. I rush to hospital twice on the weekend and did an EGC, ECHO, xray and blood test all pass all test. I have no history of anxiety or stress or hypochondriac nature …or any family history of heart problems … I also visited a cardiologist and he couldn't find anything... which seems to be a theme with other customer who've taken RU. I want to ensure I don't cause any long term heart problems, so I'm writing to here to ask and warn people who have been on or thinking about taking RU : (….

HELP---I really do need help here, can any one who has taken RU advise or someone in the medical field familiar with Androgen blockers advise how I can remedy the side effects asap as I don't want any long term health issues.

Comment

• doke
              • Jun 2009

In the trials of ru58841 topical it was said there was no systemic affects that's why it was it was considered safe other anti androgen's such as topical flutamide were systemic in there actions.

Comment

• brazil123
                • Jun 2020

Hello “helpneeded”! Did you find and solution? I would like to know if there’s any news on your case, because i have been experiencing some chest discomfort and also hypertension. Please contact me and lets help each other. I can send you my e-mail if you want to

Comment

• brazil123
                  • Jun 2020

Originally posted by Helpneeded
                  Hi guys,

After taking Ru 3 times I seem to be experiencing cheat pains/discomfort, shortness or breath, fatigue and sternum/back aches. Symptoms seem to come and go. I rush to hospital twice on the weekend and did an EGC, ECHO, xray and blood test all pass all test. I have no history of anxiety or stress or hypochondriac nature …or any family history of heart problems … I also visited a cardiologist and he couldn't find anything... which seems to be a theme with other customer who've taken RU. I want to ensure I don't cause any long term heart problems, so I'm writing to here to ask and warn people who have been on or thinking about taking RU : (….

HELP---I really do need help here, can any one who has taken RU advise or someone in the medical field familiar with Androgen blockers advise how I can remedy the side effects asap as I don't want any long term health issues.
                  Hello “helpneeded”! Did you find and solution? I would like to know if there’s any news on your case, because i have been experiencing some chest discomfort and also hypertension. Please contact me and lets help each other. I can send you my e-mail if you want to

Comment

• medicalknowhow
                    • Sep 2020

Originally posted by brazil123
                    Hi brazil123; hope you are doing ok -- My "friend's rat" accidentally ingested a small amount of RU but didn't think anything of it, due to the short half-life (this was a silly conclusion as once it reaches "all associated" receptors on a systemic level, nobody has data on how fast the damage is done to heart tissue and how severe it is) he was also using 1ml per day at 5% concentration for 2 years... Within a few days of the accident, his blood pressure went into the hypertensive zone and never recovered. Heart palpitations made sleep extremely difficult from that day on into perpetuity. He didn't realise it was due to the accident until having a "lightbulb" moment a week after he was not able to sleep, and had a dental surgery appointment where they informed him his blood pressure was way above his usual (he was always 117-124/78 before this, every time, like clockwork and 138-147/94 from then on after) There was no resolution and the damage appears to be permanent. He was in perfect health with mandatory physicals every 12 months due to occupation, right up unto the accident. His resting heart rate immediately changed from 52 to 60 and stayed at that new level. Did your heart condition continue for the past few months? I'm assuming yes, as the last person I discussed the case with has had heart palpitations for the 6 months following cessation of the RU and no sign of improvement, they merely grew accustomed to their palpitations. People don't believe it can do this because they're uninformed. Heart palpitations are well reported at varying doses, and now the cases where seemingly permanent damage occurs have been made apparent.

Comment

• medicalknowhow
                      • Sep 2020

Originally posted by telogen
                      I've been doing RU continuously for almost 3 years. Majority high dosages 100mg+.
                      I've only experienced drop in libido and weaker ejeculation, which is expected when blocking your DHT. Heart failure and lung scarring sounds like pure scaremongering from guys too afraid of using the drug.
                      You're a moron. I dissected cadavers for six years at a research institute in Sydney just to give you an idea. "Guys too afraid of using the drug" -- please don't breed. RU is one of the most dangerous drugs in its class, hence it was immediately banned, because having it in a household setting where children could put their hands in their mouth after touching "daddies head" would have entirely unknown consequences. Even when symptoms are silent or "only libido" it is still blocking the respiration of cells. You clearly have no idea how cardiomyocytes work or what they are, so please, punch yourself in the face. Yes, RU directly causes "most likely" irreversible heart damage for which there is no treatment, because it is not mechanical ischemia. Once you alter the function of the heart at a chemical level in such an acute fashion with such a strong compound, there is no mechanism for it to "bounce back". You can take RU at 50mg per day for years and not know you're killing heart cells and altering ventricular function, or you can have a genetic expression that hides the damage you've done. For saying what you said, you are a waste of space and you know bugger all about human physiology. Kindly go F yourself.

Comment

• doke
                        • Jun 2009

Hi guys i remember in the 90s before finasteride became available a mens hair magazine editor said that finasteride was so dangerous as men were using it off label and after many years many men have been using minoxidil and getting side affects as we know it was a blood pressure drug made from rats urine, now ru was tested on humans but did not come to market but it was tested alongside topical flutamide that was systemic unless he sintov gel was used and ru was said to be non systemic and safe in topical form i have used it with no problems but i think the the problem is lack of available tested product as we do not know what is in a premade or the powder although its supposed to be 99% pure but that is still not proof to me.
                        I think it was more about finance and that finasteride came onto the market it was tested on humans and it was not safety why it did not come to market as the french company got taken over and i think another pharma company has it now.As a non steroidal drug its safe but any drug could cause side affects i ingested as said i myself am not using it now but would still use in the future until a new topical antiandrogen becomes available by the way i think some complained that eucapil caused them side affects we know that finasteride does orally in some.

Comment

• medicalknowhow
                          • Sep 2020

Originally posted by doke
                          Hi guys i remember in the 90s before finasteride became available a mens hair magazine editor said that finasteride was so dangerous as men were using it off label and after many years many men have been using minoxidil and getting side affects as we know it was a blood pressure drug made from rats urine, now ru was tested on humans but did not come to market but it was tested alongside topical flutamide that was systemic unless he sintov gel was used and ru was said to be non systemic and safe in topical form i have used it with no problems but i think the the problem is lack of available tested product as we do not know what is in a premade or the powder although its supposed to be 99% pure but that is still not proof to me.
                          I think it was more about finance and that finasteride came onto the market it was tested on humans and it was not safety why it did not come to market as the french company got taken over and i think another pharma company has it now.As a non steroidal drug its safe but any drug could cause side affects i ingested as said i myself am not using it now but would still use in the future until a new topical antiandrogen becomes available by the way i think some complained that eucapil caused them side affects we know that finasteride does orally in some.
                          The two Human trials were almost 20 years ago. There is a reason it is not intended for Human use. Find someone online unlucky enough to have the sudden onset chest pains and high blood pressure/palpitations and then send them a message months later -- you will find that "zero" of them ever recovered. I have asked users over one year past their cessation date and they are unchanged and merely "learned to live with it" so the palpations become "the new normal". Doctors have no course of action for this undocumented and unresearched chemical castration of the heart tissue via receptor blockage. Reality is tough. It looks safe on paper, to idiots. To people who aren't idiots, it looks like a gamble, at best, where you won't know if your heart will bug out or not until you try, while morons write "but I've been using it for 3 years and only my pee pee doesn't work, my heart is fine".

Comment

• doke
                            • Jun 2009

These drugs are for research purposes and you use at your own risk i have as sad used ru and also tried spiro topical but finasteride used to be unlicensed in uk for hair loss but i was using it as proscar many years before it was released the only reason that ru failed to come onto the market was not due to safety but the huge costs involved and a takeover of the french pharma and when finasteride came on sale as 1mg the company did not know if they would recoup there costs i have not seen any of the trials on topicals causing harm i believe one person died on topical minoxidil but they may have already died anyway.There was a guy on the hairloss sites that tried oral flutamide and he found he could hardly crawl to the bathroom but he was silly to take that orally.
                            When Brian shelton vip was on the forums many years ago we all talked about topical ru and flutamide and he knew a lot about hairloss and the drugs he said that ru was the mother of all antiandrogens like flutamide is but without the systemic side affects.
                            But there again its only for your own research purpose and you use it or leave it as said i used it and had no problems and in fact i am in my 60s now and would not hesitate to start back on it and i will say its safer topically than oral dutasteride and finasteride.

Comment

• medicalknowhow
                              • Sep 2020

Originally posted by doke
                              These drugs are for research purposes and you use at your own risk i have as sad used ru and also tried spiro topical but finasteride used to be unlicensed in uk for hair loss but i was using it as proscar many years before it was released the only reason that ru failed to come onto the market was not due to safety but the huge costs involved and a takeover of the french pharma and when finasteride came on sale as 1mg the company did not know if they would recoup there costs i have not seen any of the trials on topicals causing harm i believe one person died on topical minoxidil but they may have already died anyway.There was a guy on the hairloss sites that tried oral flutamide and he found he could hardly crawl to the bathroom but he was silly to take that orally.
                              When Brian shelton vip was on the forums many years ago we all talked about topical ru and flutamide and he knew a lot about hairloss and the drugs he said that ru was the mother of all antiandrogens like flutamide is but without the systemic side affects.
                              But there again its only for your own research purpose and you use it or leave it as said i used it and had no problems and in fact i am in my 60s now and would not hesitate to start back on it and i will say its safer topically than oral dutasteride and finasteride.
                              It was not just a financial issue -- it is so much stronger than the other substances you mention that they are not even remotely comparable. If you go systemic with RU, there is no way to even tell what damage you can do, hence it's a gamble, like everything. It would not be allowed in homes because a child licking their hands after touching your head (something that happens all the time in real life) would be a lawsuit waiting to happen. People are not imagining their heart palpitations, people are abusing substances that are not tested properly on humans... it was tested 20 years ago, twice, and that's all. Not everyone is effected, but everyone is roling the dice.

Comment

Working...